• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Excuse me? I haven't really been on my laptop recently because it was having issues with the fan (which is weird since I can use it now no problem). I understand you are upset that we haven't done anything, but no need to go on a rampage. I haven't been on in a while.
That's not what I meant. When I had approved the BRSTMs for Street Fighter Alpha 2, LC-DDM was "reviewing" them. Then yesterday, he treats me like a pile of ****ing **** because I approved them.

He said: "It would make a little more sense -before- you decided it would be a good idea to approve everything just because you were feeling lazy".

The thing is, I didn't just approve everything, like that ****ing **** accused me of. I listened to all the songs and approved the ones that looped, and were at least good quality. I told him it took around 3 hours+.

He then says "Then you should've spent three hours more. You're not the only one doing this yet you expect some sort of recognition for doing it in an arbitrary amount of time".

Actually that's not strictly true. I am the only one doing this. Why? BECAUSE THEY WOULDN'T STILL BE THERE AFTER SIX MONTHS! And no I do not expert some sort of recognition. I just expect more people to ****ing get their jobs done IN SIX MONTHS!

I then told him that if all the mods actually did something more than once in six months, when I wouldn't have to moderate over 400 songs.

What does he say? "Yes, well, at least we do our ****ing jobs -properly-. Which is more than what I can say for you right now.

And later, "Call me when you're done acting like a child and own up to your ****ing mistakes, for once."

All this, because apparently I approved some BRSTMs he was checking.

Therefore I repeat.

DO NOT APPROVE ANY BRSTMSs. If you do, you might be treated like a ****ed up ******** ****ing piece of **** by LC-DDM for approving songs that apparently you shouldn't have.

I'm apparently supposed to know what he was reviewing them. I'm not expecting some kind of elaborate award.... but I don't expect to be treated like a ****ing **** just for approving something that someone else, happened to be reviewing.

MindReader

Smash Cadet
NNID
FunkyKongFR
3DS FC
1118-0481-2094
Switch FC
SW-0702-1707-9409
But then you get into the fact that you're kinda doing the opposite of what LC-DDM was calling you out for, you're rejecting them without giving a thought about the quality of the BRSTMs. There's absolutely no need for all of this drama over someone who wrongfully criticized you.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
I know.

Now back to the other problem.

There is one possibility as to what's causing the problem with the crackling.

BrawlLib. Or BrawlLib's encoder.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Are you blind? Did you even READ my post? I'm in need of a better laptop, as the one I'm using has issues.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Are you blind? Did you even READ my post? I'm in need of a better laptop, as the one I'm using has issues.
I read it, yesterday. But you literally said in an earlier post that you were being lazy about the moderation. It's pretty obvious most of the moderators were relying on me to do all the work. Well, now I can't. So, if it fills up again, I'm not around to sort your mess out any more. I'll leave it to Segtendo, Xermo, Linkshot, LC-DDM, soneek, Moosehunter, and whoever else there is.

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
It was me saying that I noticed the mods were approving pending BRSTMs now, until I read the rest of the thread and realized it was you who it was approving them.
Oh, I see. So you're a ****ing **** just like LC-DDM. You think that somehow, anyone can approve the songs, but if it's me, it's some kind of problem. Yeah, thanks.

CrystalForce

Smash Cadet
Oh, I see. So you're a ****ing **** just like LC-DDM. You think that somehow, anyone can approve the songs, but if it's me, it's some kind of problem. Yeah, thanks.
What? No, I never meant anything like that. I just thought that you weren't a mod until I read your name. Sorry if I offended you :nervous:

Last edited:

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
What? No, I never meant anything like that.
Well that's just how it seemed. Why did you remove the post then? Unless you were going to say how you thought the mods finally got off their asses for once in six months?

Also, thanks completely and 100% utterly to LC-DDM, I am suspended.

I did literally NOTHING wrong, whatsoever. Only AFTER LC-DDM decided to be an Islamist, did I decide to annoyingly reject the remaining BRSTMs. I had spent a couple hours listening to most of the tunes, with Xermo doing the rest (probably a few more than me). But all LC-DDM can say, and still insists, is that I literally clicked "Approve" on all of them, without listening. Didn't even ****ing bother to check first. Just straight ahead goes for me.

But of course SONEEK being the ****ing dead piece of **** that CAN'T ****ING BE BOTHERED TO SHOW HIS ****ING BLACK **** FACE FOR ****ING DAYS, obviously takes LC-DDM's side, and decides I should be suspended.

I did nothing wrong in the first place. I should remind anyone reading this topic, to look carefully at the words "in the first place". By that, I mean, I may have done something wrong, since. But I did not START it. LC-DDM, actually STARTED it.

AND I DEMAND SONEEK STOPS DELIBERATELY IGNORING ME!!!

FIX THE ****ING GOD DAMNED YOUTUBE SCRIPT YOU ****ING STUPID INCOMPETENT ****!!!!!!!!!

Witch

Smash Rookie
Did brawlcustommusic die for good? i keep seeing it offline D:
Anyone wanna take a look at my 1300 songs split in 13 folders mess? :happysheep:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

But then you get into the fact that you're kinda doing the opposite of what LC-DDM was calling you out for, you're rejecting them without giving a thought about the quality of the BRSTMs. There's absolutely no need for all of this drama over someone who wrongfully criticized you.
Ohay you, never thought I'd meet you there.

Actually idk how I found this in the first place.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
The site's up and running on my end.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Yeah that is quite strange. Would you happen to have AVAST as an anti-virus? Users have complained several times to me that avast would report false viruses or block them from the site without their knowledge.

CrystalForce

Smash Cadet
To be completely honest, I'd love to be a BCM mod. No idea if it's possible for me to be one/if anyone wants any more mods though.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I highly apologize for not approving BRSTMs. I've been super busy with school, internship and work (possibly getting a manager position soon). I'll approve some today and whenever I can.
To be completely honest, I'd love to be a BCM mod. No idea if it's possible for me to be one/if anyone wants any more mods though.
I'll bring it up to Soneek. You willing to help with this pending list we've rejected?

CrystalForce

Smash Cadet
I highly apologize for not approving BRSTMs. I've been super busy with school, internship and work (possibly getting a manager position soon). I'll approve some today and whenever I can.

I'll bring it up to Soneek. You willing to help with this pending list we've rejected?
I'd love to help approving BRSTMs. I have more than enough time right now.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Update. Soneek has informed me that Brawl Custom Music will be known in the future as "Smash Custom Music." Soneek has moved the host to a faster and cheaper host. He's gonna work on redoing the site (layout, scripts, etc). Right now, the server is transferring all of the BRSTM files to the new host, so it's going to take a few days. He also said that he's going to halt uploads so we can get the giant pending list done, but Soneek wants to work on the site before it becomes live again.

Anyone have any ideas on how to lay out the different game sections? Right now, it's one giant list.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Grouping by Name maybe?
Would it be viable to group them by system (I'm pretty sure not tho)?
:196:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
One option to display all game categories in the same fashion that the site exists in currently. It isn't as bad as people make it seem.
Primary option to display game categories associated with the letter of the alphabet you clicked (A-Z, #, and "Other" for unrecognized characters, namely japanese characters or games like '.hack').
Refined search bar on main index page that can not only list brstms that match the terms, but can match game category as well.
Sort by user upload, perhaps.
Maybe bring back the request station. Could be useful.

Also, we should probably clean up all the non-vgm uploads that don't adhere to the rules, namely the Other category and animes that keep getting uploaded. If we purged Panty & Stocking, we should purge Kill la Kill as well.

Last edited:

MindReader

Smash Cadet
NNID
FunkyKongFR
3DS FC
1118-0481-2094
Switch FC
SW-0702-1707-9409
So I go to upload some BRSTMs to the site and

I'm assuming that this is because of the move lol

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Requesting that at least one other mod aids in moderating this pending list with me.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Ok where the hell is everyone.
Can someone else assist with this pending list. If you guys can queue star ocean music, you can approve / reject these month-pending songs.

Last edited:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Sorry. Been busy with school. I graduate next month :X
I'll get some done right now.

MindReader

Smash Cadet
NNID
FunkyKongFR
3DS FC
1118-0481-2094
Switch FC
SW-0702-1707-9409
BrawlBRSTMs3 got hacked, such a shame...

drdevilfx

Smash Rookie
Is there a reason all the Jojo anime music was taken off the site?
I believe it was removed because only video game music is allowed on this site. That being said, there's still a lot of non-VGM stuff on this site, many of which is in the "Other" section (I'm guilty of uploading non-VGM stuff, such as some Windows BRSTMs that were recently rejected, though I have no intention to do it again).

Defensive Bias

Smash Cadet
I believe it was removed because only video game music is allowed on this site. That being said, there's still a lot of non-VGM stuff on this site, many of which is in the "Other" section (I'm guilty of uploading non-VGM stuff, such as some Windows BRSTMs that were recently rejected, though I have no intention to do it again).
Yeah I'm starting to question their judgement on their guidelines. I noticed two boss themes from No More Heroes 2 that were removed. The boss themes are technically still there but the ones that were deleted were versions of the songs that had extended intro parts. Here's the thing though, Those versions of the song are still uploaded on BrawlBRSTMs3's YouTube channel with the original links attached but of course when attempting to access the brstm through those links you'll be treated to...

"This song did not meet site quality guidelines and has been removed."

It doesn't make any sense to remove them when there are multiple brstm uploads that are also like that.

I don't like seeing songs removed simply because "It didn't meet the guidelines."
I want an in-depth reason why the song(s) in question was/were removed.

drdevilfx

Smash Rookie
Yeah I'm starting to question their judgement on their guidelines. I noticed two boss themes from No More Heroes 2 that were removed. The boss themes are technically still there but the ones that were deleted were versions of the songs that had extended intro parts. Here's the thing though, Those versions of the song are still uploaded on BrawlBRSTMs3's YouTube channel with the original links attached but of course when attempting to access the brstm through those links you'll be treated to...

"This song did not meet site quality guidelines and has been removed."

It doesn't make any sense to remove them when there are multiple brstm uploads that are also like that.

I don't like seeing songs removed simply because "It didn't meet the guidelines."
I want an in-depth reason why the song(s) in question was/were removed.
The real reason for its rejection only seems to be shown to the user who uploaded it for some reason. This is an example of what this page would look like. I wish the same page was shown to all users and not just the uploader.

It seems they have inconsistencies when it comes to improving BRSTMs due to different admins having different judgements.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
A lot of the site's policies were decided and began to get implemented way before Smash 4, but after its music edits were discovered, it became REALLY difficult to track offenders and clean the place up.
:196:

Top Bottom