• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Crashes Immediately After Stage Select

ShootheMoon

Smash Rookie
This just started happening a moment ago. I'm not sure why, I haven't changed anything on my Wii. It just Crashes whenever I select a stage.

I haven't modded my wii or anything yet, making things even stranger.

Why won't the game load after stage select?

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Try Brawl on another Wii, if it works, your Wii has issues, if it doesn't work, your Brawl disc is broken.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Try playing another game. If it doesn't work, then your Wii has a problem. If it does, then your Wii might have gotten the dual-layered disk read error that I've heard about (I've never experienced it myself, luckily), or your disk itself might be scratched.

In fact, it might be a good idea to just check for scratches or smudges on the disk.

* Duffy *

Smash Cadet
I recently just had the exact same problem, as soon as I made my own texture, it freezes whenever I choose a course, but it's fine when I'm not hacking.

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
My problem is similar as yours.

Everytime i go to the stage select screen with my SD card in my Wii, the game freeze. If i go to the stage select screen without my SD card in, the game doesn't freeze

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Your wii is tripping on your brawl disk. You have to throw it off out of the stage/window.

Check your disc for scratches, smudges finger prints and the like and if nothing's there then there is a problem with your console and you'll simply have to send it in, for $80 about if it's not under warranty anymore, for repairs in which case you may or may not lose all your saved data. =/

ShootheMoon

Smash Rookie
I tried playing Guilty Gear and Radient Dawn on it, they're just fine.

There is like 1 smudge on the back of my brawl disc, so I wiped it off...

It still crashes, Brawl officially hates me.

Top Bottom