• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Controller Setup

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Nintendo Gamecube Controller with tap to jump off. However, I'll probably try the Wiimote and Nunchuk and the Wiimote alone, too, just to see how that plays. Maybe I'll even like that better :)

Asuma

Smash Cadet
It's obvious everyone will choose Gamecube,but I'll give ther wiimote and nunchunk an interesting shot.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Ill try the wiimote first and then the wiimote and nunchuk. I don't have a classic controller and if everything's too hard to learn, I'll use my gamecube controller.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Gamecube controller or classic controller

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Gamecube controller~ there is no other way to play Smash.
Then How did we play SSB64? Im gonna go with the flow, Classic Controller, or maybe Wiimote and Nunchuck, W&N you can move around alot with, in terms of your hands not having to be in the same place... Wasnt there a thread/poll about this?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's obvious everyone will choose Gamecube,but I'll give ther wiimote and nunchunk an interesting shot.
Heh I don't see how it's that obvious really. A majority isn't everyone either :laugh:

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Just about every DOJO screenshot features the Gamecube control scheme. It is quite obvious that Gamecube controller will be the best choice.
Yeah, I've been noticing that a lot. Maybe the producers/manufacturers/testers just like the GC controller.

Otori Warrior

Smash Cadet
I would like to use something other than the Gamecube controller. However I just do not see how playing with the Wiimote in either configuration would be comfortable. Maybe by customizing the control layout you could find something that would be competitive, but I won't be holding my breath. And I hate the need to plug the classic controller into the Wiimote so I won't be going that route either.

GoldenIke

Smash Apprentice
I have a wireless that spasses out which sux gotta buy a new 1 other then that wiimote sideways would be great

Amea

Smash Cadet
GAMECUBE CONTROLLER IS FOR NOOBS!

Sorry but this is a NEW game and requires people to play extensively with all pads to choose the best, i Use the CC beacuse it feels amazing in my hands and all the buttons are exactly where i need them, wiimote comes in second place. I have not needed to go back to my GC pad since that was for melee...and those days are up! LOOK TO THE FUTURE PEOPLE!

edit: All of you people who think that it will be easier with a pad you already know the GC pad are wrong.....trust me i have the game, you'll ALL just be as N00b when you started playing melee, believe me, regardless the controller choice. CC is the best!

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
Its hard to play without a gcn, i think everyones hand and fingers have adapted to the gcn too much to give it up :).

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I really want to try the Wiimote/Nunchuck, but I'm scared if I get too used to it, tournaments might not allow it due to sync issues or something like that. And the only working gamecube controller I have is a wavebird so same issue there. I think I'll take a chance though and go with Wiimote/Nunchuck to see if I like it.

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think I will first use the GCN Controller, but I also wanted to try ou the NES-Style Wiimote and the Classic Controller. More so the classic controller, though. In fact, since I like the actual controller but didn't like the feel of the classic controller, I bought a grip for the classic controller. Just hope it works out well...

And as for the Wiimote + Nunchuck, I doubt I will even try that setup. If I did, I would probably end up swinging the Wiimote and Nunchuck around as if I were playing Boxing on Wii Sports XD.

Top Bottom