• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Controller Setup

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
What controller setup are you most likely planning on using judging by the controls laid out for us by Nintendo???

Gamecube controller?
Wiimote?
Wiimote and nunchuk?
Classic controller?

I am choosing the GC controller for sure, the other setups look too nooby. The classic controller feels HORRIBLE and with the wire gutting out from the bottom is just distracting in my opinion. NO point in using the dual setup due to the fact that the interactiveness with the game is weak...just a smash attack?? WEAK!!!! ("sheets weak"-Grandmas boy) Wiimote-Am i playing NES, No! that is why i have over 350 games formy original nes that still works.....

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably be the only one to try something different and use the dual wiimote/nunchuck. I don't want to have to revert to the gc controller. Plus the fact that you can customize your buttons however you like. So I think I will use dual. May start with the gc controller though.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
If I can find a setup that works, I'll probably give the Wii Remote + Nunchuck a chance. Simply because I've gotten used to feel of it.

If all else fails I still got a GCN somewhere >>

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
GC for the beginning, but who knows, maybe I might like a different control setup and or controller.

Coselm

Smash Ace
I'm going to try them all out.

My most likely candidates are the Gamecube controller, or the classic controller. I can't imagine playing with the wiimote + nunchuk, but you never know! And the wiimote alone jsut seems akward. Like a bad version of the classic controller.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Just about every DOJO screenshot features the Gamecube control scheme. It is quite obvious that Gamecube controller will be the best choice.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
i was at E-for-All. I played a lot, and tried the Wiimote, the Classic Controller, and I brought my own Nunchaku and connected it to the Wiimote on the first day. It wasn't all that great.

I'm definitely sticking with the GCN controller. All the others are too awkward (nunchaku), uncomfortable (classic controller), and too simple (Wiimote)

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
We will have such a great advantage in this game because most of us have Gamecubes and they don't make GC controllers anymore. Sakurai is encouraging the Wiimote on its side... which sucks. Hahahaha.
yeah they do, you can still buy them straight from Nintendo.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I'm using a Gamecube controller like most everybody. I appreciate that there will be so many ways to play Smash, with four controllers and customizable buttons, so maybe I'll find another way I'll like as well.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I will definitely play around with various other control schemes so that in the event I am far from home near a Wii and Brawl, I won't be ridiculously handicapped without my Gamecube controller.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I wont even try to play with anything but a gc controller for the first couple of months. I'm sure that at tournaments they are going to say GC controller only. and no point in wasting precious playtime trying to figure out what the shizz to do with the other controllers.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I agree with Buzz in that we should learn at least 2 control schemes. Of course everyone will be most comfortable with a GCN controller, but if worse comes to worst and you have no access to one, it would be nice to be able to use another control scheme comfortably.
Who knows? With the new button mapping features, the alternate control schemes might not be so weird after a while. I'm sure some players will eventually PREFER the other schemes.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I'll try them all and see which one i like the most i do like the rumble feature so it might be the gamecube controller.

I

i8waffles612

I have 2 new gamecube controllers (not opened yet)
2 Wiimotes
2 Nunchucks

Ima try all 3 :D

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I'm going to try the Wii Fighting Stick. I'll have to map it like a classic controller, but boy does it seem badass.

Also, for a laugh, I'll try the wii zapper once or twice.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
gamecube nintendo

since I think GC stands for like global communications or s/t

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I'm gonna use the classic controller, because due to pure unluckyness, I no longer have a gamecube controller.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I tend to prefer the wirelss controllers simply because of how far away my system actually is from where I usually sit XD

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to use the Gamecube controller for the most part, but I will try playing the other ways.

Twoje

Smash Rookie
Wiimote + Nunchuk

Set up like this:

A = Standard Attack
B = Special Attack
C = Jump
Z = Shield
1, 2, 1+2 = Taunts
Control Stick = Movement
Either A+B, Z -> A, or Down on the Control Pad = Grab (not sure which one I'll use)

Top Bottom