• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Compilation

Equi

Smash Ace
This is an old vid that some of you might have already seen, but I enjoyed this video despite it being nothing special compared to Melee combo videos. A lot of it consists of continuations (more than combos) but I liked it anyway.

FL is a good state for Brawl because everyone down here grinds out their wins hit by hit, taking it slow, mindgame for mindgame down here. This video features some Azen and a few others. I have to say though, after watching this I wonder if Brawl has more continuation/combo credit then we give it credit for. There was moments throughout the video (with Falcon especially) where it felt like a Melee approach all over again.

FL is good. But I think we play the game more mindgame/spacey than necessary like we've given up on the combo potential completely for some characters. Obviously characters like Snake, this doesn't really apply since he's a full mindgame character.

All I'm saying is that I think we can step up the combos a bit in Brawl if we try and think outside the box a little. There's definitely state playing style differences, I watch DBR matches or out of state matches and I see unique ideas all the time that aren't really pursued much in FL because though the masses play this game, it seems like everyone doubts its combo potential.

Thoughts?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n26RZd8nzeQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UfRSQDC2qwo&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mxylSj15Lok&feature=related

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I watched 7 combos from the video in the bottom link, and they didn't seem that great...

Equi

Smash Ace
I watched 7 combos from the video in the bottom link, and they didn't seem that great...
I know what you mean. Most of them were pretty useless to me, but there were a few that struck me and opened up new thoughts for Brawl for me.

edit: Actually what am I talking about this vid was released like right after Brawl was released lmao. This topic can be closed XD

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I know what you mean. Most of them were pretty useless to me, but there were a few that struck me and opened up new thoughts for Brawl for me.

edit: Actually what am I talking about this vid was released like right after Brawl was released lmao. This topic can be closed XD
Part 4 was put up three days ago...? Part 3 was put up a week ago...? Part 2 was put up three weeks ago...? Part 1 was put up a month ago...?

None of these were put up right after brawl was released. Parts 1 and 2 might be relatively old, but there's no way you can say that part 4 is ancient.

Equi

Smash Ace
Part 4 was put up three days ago...? Part 3 was put up a week ago...? Part 2 was put up three weeks ago...? Part 1 was put up a month ago...?

None of these were put up right after brawl was released. Parts 1 and 2 might be relatively old, but there's no way you can say that part 4 is ancient.

Oh. I was going by Part I's date.

Whatever. :chuckle:

Top Bottom