• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Central Discovers Guide! 11 images! New Technique Discovered!

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
No guide is gonna leak characters. It all stuff from the developers. They show us only what they want. And this is a lot
Is this an incomplete guide then?? Why would a developer leak a guide...an incomplete one at that???

Whoever have this should leak the secret characters, seriously.

What kind og a guide is this??:embarrass

*leaves due to being uninterested*

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
The only guide that wouldnt have the secret characters is the famitsu one because it was released so early.

I dont know what this is, it might actually be the manual. Think about it. 27 unique starter characters so multiply that by two (because of moves ect) and you get 54. Now the rest of the pages are probably stages/items and other bits of info like how to play ect.

If this isnt the manual then it has to be a guide, but that begs the question, why arent the secrets listed?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
We don't know if they're listed, but these scans span over at LEAST 65 pages. No way that can be a manual. Plus, it's too detailed and the paper does not belong to a manual for sure.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
he boxes on the left give us character info.
they are in this order

number of air jumps: X times
wall jump: O/X or yes/no
gliding: O/X
crawling: O/X
weight: light/ normal/ heavy
speed: slow/ normal/ fast

I still cant figure out the last one

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
The hidden characters Snake and Sonic are not on this. Could this be our starting roster?
That's what I thought, but then I rememebred we're still missing Kirby and a few others BUT that weight list has everyone except them, so I think we can officially say: The starting roster is everyone on the Dojo, except Sonic and Snake.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
That's what I thought, but then I rememebred we're still missing Kirby and a few others BUT that weight list has everyone except them, so I think we can officially say: The starting roster is everyone on the Dojo, except Sonic and Snake.
Doesnt Mario meet up with kirby in sse at the beginning?

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
It makes perfect sense. Snake are Sonic are the only characters who Sakurai confirmed as unlockable. Jigglypuff, Ness and Lucario are confirmed, but Sakurai has said nothing, most likely because they are unlockable. He only mentioned Sonic and Snake because they are third party. That leaves 21 characters. If the starting roster is 21 that gives us 7 characters per row to start. A nice block to start the character select screen with.

Ill take this theory over what the prophets have to say. I mean what we are basing this off is an official source. No one could have possibly faked this guide. It could be an official guide based on the starting roster. That way it reveals nothing to players who want to enjoy the surprise of unlockables.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's sorta odd all the big new nintendo heavy hitters are unlocked already though. Just makes the 35 character roster seem less real IMO. I mean would Sakurai really have us only unlock 6 more new characters and the rest be returning? Seems fishy. I'm almost certain we more than 6 new comers to unlock.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
How are we so sure the 35 roster is fake? The starter roster is exactly the same as people have been predicting for that roster.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Even if the 35 characters is true, thats still 14 characters to unlock. Whatever the case, Im certain this is our starting roster. Sakurai would never reveal a character that was unlockable. He only did it with Sonic and Snake for the publicity.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
R.O.B. is easily debunked. Then there's Sakurai's tirade of hints for other characters not on that roster on the Dojo. He would look like a ******* to hint at characters on the official site but not deliver them, now wouldn't he?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Even if the 35 characters is true, thats still 14 characters to unlock. Whatever the case, Im certain this is our starting roster. Sakurai would never reveal a character that was unlockable. He only did it with Sonic and Snake for the publicity.
Yeah, but he also said he's not all that into being secretive about them anyways because they are bound to get out anyways. IMO, the three holes on the dojo in the Veterans will be filled up soon.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Its been so obvious. Olimar was the final piece. He rounded out a 21 character starting roster, and all this was shown on Dojo before the original release date. Even Shiek has been included. Thats everyone whose starting the game. Sakurai knew exactly what he was doing.

What we have now is a nice rectangle on the character select screen to start the game. 3 rows of 7. And the random select will be just like Melee, outside the characters block. I say that this debunks that faker posting pictures from a supposed leaked game.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but he also said he's not all that into being secretive about them anyways because they are bound to get out anyways. IMO, the three holes on the dojo in the Veterans will be filled up soon.
He was not secretive about Snake or Sonic was he? But he's not gonna dish out all the secrets before the games released.

Arean

Smash Ace
How come this guide didnt scan anything about Zelda or Sheik?.. Thats not right...

Boofer

Smash Ace
It's sorta odd all the big new nintendo heavy hitters are unlocked already though. Just makes the 35 character roster seem less real IMO. I mean would Sakurai really have us only unlock 6 more new characters and the rest be returning? Seems fishy. I'm almost certain we more than 6 new comers to unlock.
Finally, people are seeing why this roster was a bad idea. If he wanted to release all of these newcomers as starters, you'd think it was safe to assume that there would be a bunch of surprise secret characters, or at least as many as veterans. The secret characters are a big part of the thrill of playing through single player, but not when most of them were in previous games. I wouldn't be so disappointed if I hadn't known about 80 % of the newcomers.

btw, as far as I'm concerned WW Link only counts as half of newcomer, as he's basically a replacement for Young Link.

I'd also like to point out that it in fact does NOT make it seem less real. In fact, these characters would fit perfectly on the dojo: Wolf, Lucario, WW Link, and R.O.B. would evenly finish off the Newcomers' last row of 4. The 8 vets would finish off the final two rows of four for the Veterans. I personally would be more than content if we had just 4 more vets after the ones in the leak. it would make soo much more sense..

edit: nevermind, I just realised that the vets would not finish off evenly...

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
Its been so obvious. Olimar was the final piece. He rounded out a 21 character starting roster, and all this was shown on Dojo before the original release date. Even Shiek has been included. Thats everyone whose starting the game. Sakurai knew exactly what he was doing.

What we have now is a nice rectangle on the character select screen to start the game. 3 rows of 7. And the random select will be just like Melee, outside the characters block. I say that this debunks that faker posting pictures from a supposed leaked game.

And what's wrong with the 2 rows of 8 and 1 row of 5+Random Box? Still 21. In fact it looks more like Melee's starting roster. Melee had an irregularly shaped third row with ? marks instead of characters, but the shape was similar.

Also, assuming Brawl's final Roster is 35 like most leakers are insisting. The most likely arrangements, 3 rows of 12 or 4 rows of 9 would leave only 1 place open instead of 2 to form a nice rectangle. So the Random Box might be there to balance the complete select screen. it'd also be nice to be able to just leave your coin there instead of having to randomly select a new character between every match.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
So this confirms the leaked TV images are legit in the sense that they reflect final code? Also, seeing as the original uploader of the fabled nine seconds is some smash community personality in Japan reflects well on the credibility. I've heard on Brawlcentral that we may get more on Friday. Heh, seeing as I have a paper for Friday I shouldn't be hoping for time to go faster.

Zek

Smash Ace
It's not from Melee, it probably was given the Battlefield treatment.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
It seems this scan came from Famitsu Weekly. I updated on the BC homepage, but basically, it seems it's from Famitsu weekly, and FD may appear on the Dojo Friday or Monday.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
New Technique discovered! Yup, it's called "Wall Cling". From the scans, Diddy's the only one who could do it from who was shown. it's like a wall hop, but you can climb the same side of the stage by jumping, as oppose to a wall hop that kicks you off in the opposite direction. Diddy is seen doing it in a video on castle Seige. I'll get the link shortly.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
holy triple post batman! boards down? again? wall cling sound cool. maybe we'll get FD soon. i wonder when we;ll get the rest of the booklet.

Top Bottom