• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Can Now Be Pre-ordered At Gamestop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Yep, just like the title says.

Allocations have been set for the stores and you can now pre-order Brawl at your local Gamestop. EVERYBODY RUUUUUNN!!!

Teben

Smash Apprentice
bump, for the benefit of people who don't know yet. Sorry if it's annoying.

Level 9

Smash Apprentice
I've had a pre-order placed on this game for almost 6 months now...

LOL... But that's Game Crazy for ya's... Always jumping the starting line...

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Wow. I just make a post about being able to reserve Brawl at Gamestop and now it's become a thread. Didn't expect this.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Probably 5 bucks, but it might be 10 because Gamestop has been changing their preorder policy. For instance, I believe Metroid Prime 3 needs a 10 dollar minimum now.

Sariku

Smash Master
I wanna preorder it now... But gotta wait, hopefully theyll give you something when you preorder it, like when I got my styleus with Pokemon Diamond

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Crap.... what a bad time too be broke.... ahwell, atleast meh birthday is shortly after it :)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm a bit sceptical to pre order it. I wondering if I want to ask for this for Christmas or not. It's Dec. 3 and so close. Though dissision. I doubt the game will sell out as they rarelly do. Galaxy is a sure thing.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Probably 5 bucks, but it might be 10 because Gamestop has been changing their preorder policy. For instance, I believe Metroid Prime 3 needs a 10 dollar minimum now.
$5 for Brawl. They decided against $10 after the amount of complaining and whining from $10 on Metroid Prime Courrptions, which is sad since it goes towards the game anyways...

Eaode

Smash Champion
Whenever I checked GS before E3 they said "we wont take preorders until we get a release date"

Walk in July 14th: "Oh we're not taking preorders."

Finally.

****ty part is, I was in a Gamespot today, but I didn't try because it was far from my house, and the other one is pretty much my only chance at getting it launch day. So, I'll preorder there when I get the chance.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I wonder if they are doing a midnight release? Hmmm... I think I might wait till brawl is afew more months closer before pre-ordering from a store. Any reason we should pre-order now?

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Not any in particular, but at the same time, why not? It's only five bucks. You can pay around 10 bucks or so per month until Dec and it'll be paid off completely!

Hurts the wallet a lot less doin' it that way.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Not any in particular, but at the same time, why not? It's only five bucks. You can pay around 10 bucks or so per month until Dec and it'll be paid off completely!

Hurts the wallet a lot less doin' it that way.
Got that right.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'd pre-order it, but it's useless. I won't be getting a Wii until after Christmas. -_-

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I would do all that you can to buy a Wii as soon as you can because good luck getting them around Christmas with all these titles coming out...

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else worried because Dec 3rd is just when you should be studying for midterms/first semester finals?

Argh... to preorder or not to preorder...

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else worried because Dec 3rd is just when you should be studying for midterms/first semester finals?

Argh... to preorder or not to preorder...
I'd get it as soon as possible, but make sure to keep your priorities straight =p There's always gonna be time for games after you're done studying.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I went to GameStop 10 minutes after it opened this morning, figuring no one else would be savvy to this kind of information... While I had no trouble getting my reserves (SSBB and Mario Galaxy both), I guess there was actually a small line waiting in front of the store before it even opened! I guess everyone has their "inside sources"....

Rash

Smash Ace
I went to the local EBGames store today with my brother, to see if there was anything worth picking up. We ended up not buying anything, but we did gladly preorder Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, and SSBB all at once.

The clerk was surprised. He said we were only the second preorder of the day, with him being the first. :laugh:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I wonder if they are doing a midnight release? Hmmm... I think I might wait till brawl is afew more months closer before pre-ordering from a store. Any reason we should pre-order now?
Possible limited quantities. There will be a cut-off point when there are enough pre-orders. And since about 95% of Wii owners will get Brawl, it's a good idea to reserve but not impossible to get a non-reserved copy on Dec 3.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hmm, they told me reservations wouldn't start until a month before release. they lied to me!

but now i have this info, i can just casually walk in and say i "heard" they were giving reserves instead of looking like some weird fan walking in constantly asking the same d*** question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom