• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Brave' New Character (datamined)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
.....sounds like more of you-know-who's desperation for it to be Agumon.

There's character-specific "hit sounds" now?
Methinks what RileyXY1 RileyXY1 was pointing out was that the "Hit Sound" would imply there's no armor on "Brave" since armor would create a "clanging" sound.

Although since the cast mostly use the same hit sounds and parameters can change...

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Methinks what RileyXY1 RileyXY1 was pointing out was that the "Hit Sound" would imply there's no armor on "Brave" since armor would create a "clanging" sound.

Although since the cast mostly use the same hit sounds and parameters can change...
That was actually what I was referring to.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well... If they go for his Default look then

He's not wearing armor. If anything, I believe armor, if applied to an alt. will just be purely for aesthetics.

Sigh This is going to be a looong wait.
I need a confirm/deconfirm soon.

Graizen

Smash Champion
So very Easy , was talking to Jam the guy that got the Brave Stats first

I Asked him "if the stats could be for different forms of the same character "

He said "Technically possible yeah, Although unlikely since normally there’s an additional slot for “both", Like Pokémon trainer has squirtle/charizard/ivy + one more for all of them"

Also there is a fact i learned by playing Dragon Quest 3

Erdrick is Slow, he is Slow to walk , to attack , to block.
He is for sure a Slow character in DQ3.
And he is not Heavy, he becomes heavy by carrying items and armor that you can sell, than he returns to be light.

In Agumons case he is a Fast Heavy character.
He is portrayed as a Fat Lizard that got Fast Movements to attack.
He ALSO could slide as he stop moving/turn around thanks to being a Heavy character that moves fast.

If he evolves to Greymon or MetalGreymon he will For Sure be more Heavy, but he will still be Fast.
You can see some Agumon gameplay from Digimon Rumble Arena 2 here, you will see a Fast Greymon :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK8UeiZwXFI

Not saying that Brave will be Agumon, but the stats are good for him.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Also there is a fact i learned by playing Dragon Quest 3

Erdrick is Slow, he is Slow to walk , to attack , to block.
He is for sure a Slow character in DQ3.
And he is not Heavy, he becomes heavy by carrying items and armor that you can sell, than he returns to be light.

[
lolwut

But seriously.
Attack speed depends on speed stats alone, which can be altered depending on his/her nature. Nature is determined by how you answer a set of questions at the beginning of the game.

Block speed: Blocking always goes first. So "slow to block" is completely false.

And him becoming heavier depending on how many ítems he/she carries is completely not a thing. In DQ3 or any DQ. Selling ítems won't make him lighter either. Ever.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
From what we saw from Brave's stats (which we dont know how much is placeholder), it's somewhat average. So how can you call it fast or slow? PPlant seems slow to me, but then young link seems fast, but that's mostly because of the frame data on the attacks, young link's run speed isn't that high.

And the weight is very near other characters that don't have armor. In the end, we dont know enough, and becase we dont have updated data, we really can't tell what was placeholder and what wasn't :/ We just have to wait for some announcements i guess.

I think it's fun to have a resident agumon supporter around, but i dont think challenging other characters is a good way to promote him :p

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
SO what if Brave has nothing to do with anything, except that B is the start of the name? (Joker = Jack)

Or they just put a random name just to **** with everyone

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I know it's incredibly unlikely, but here's my quick little Quote from Cave Story theory! I don't believe it to be true, but I do think that there are interesting similarities!

BRAVE THEORY
Brave is short (Ness/Lucas Height). Quote stands at about that comparative to The Doctor, who I think is a regular human but I haven't played CS in forever.
Brave is relatively heavy (Mega Man weight-ish). Mega Man and Quote are both robots and roughly the same height, so they'd probably weigh very similarly.
Brave is slow(ish) on the ground. Quote's speed isn't too fantastic on the ground if memory serves, and it may be for balancing.
Brave is fast in the air. So is Quote, and he could be using the Booster 2.0.
Brave seems to play like a zoner (PAC-MAN, Duck Hunt Duo). Quote, with his tremendous arsenal, would also probably play like a zoner.
BRAVE rhymes with CAVE, and is one letter off BRACE (i.e Curly Brace). This one's a stretch, I know, but so are most of the codename guesses.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I know it's incredibly unlikely, but here's my quick little Quote from Cave Story theory! I don't believe it to be true, but I do think that there are interesting similarities!
Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought of Quote, lol. I definitely think that if we get an indie character it would be him.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought of Quote, lol. I definitely think that if we get an indie character it would be him.
Come on you dont have to say things like that., There's shantae fans around ;)

I think quote's a fun theory tho.

D

Deleted member

Come on you dont have to say things like that., There's shantae fans around ;)

I think quote's a fun theory tho.
I didn't really mean that as a dig at Shantae. More just, I never really thought about her. I know she has fans though but I know next to nothing about the series.

D

Deleted member

I’m starting to get the feeling brave might be someone else
There was a problem fetching the tweet

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
SO what if Brave has nothing to do with anything, except that B is the start of the name? (Joker = Jack)

Or they just put a random name just to **** with everyone
Well Brave is close to Bravo- B in the Nato alphabet. J would be Juliet in the Nato alphabet, so maybe they went with a male name/card reference? ehh?

Ornl

Smash Ace
In terms of dates, Sora didn't have the slightest chance to appear in DLC because, just like for Travis Touchdown, the new game of the game from which it comes out just too early.

The HAL Laboratories Director unveils the "Brave"'s shield.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bta15lBFa00/
It's Erdrick.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Does an end of a collaborative professional relationship mean that all links are broken?
The only thing his post confirms is that "Hero" in Japanese can get turned into "brave" when translated. Brave isn't even a noun, it's a translation.

He's only linked to Smash Bros. by being an "Original Game Supervisor," a credit which a lot of other people from Nintendo and third-party companies have, and likely just means they're supervising character/series portrayals, so Kumizaki is in charge of helping with the Kirby stuff's portrayals.

He has also posted the same sort-of posts with Majora's Mask and a bunch of anime/manga character figures, having a Kirby figure in the same pictures. He'd be risking an NDA break if he actually knew anything about the Brave codename and who it is, or even spoiling stuff if Sakurai knew about the datamines and told Kumizaki about it, and I'm sure Sakurai wouldn't want that.

Brave is still very likely Erdrick, which nearly everyone knows and believes, so I don't understand the point in trying to prove it. People are just considering other options since the stats for Brave don't seem to match Erdrick if they don't shrink him.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We don't have anything definitive. It can still go in any direction.

We know there's a DQ fan at nintendo. but i mean, who isn't one in japan :p

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I dont think the HAL guy is evidance of anything

but the instagram post just straight up calling erdrick shield "brave shield" kinda just points to how much more obvious its him lol

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dont think the HAL guy is evidance of anything

but the instagram post just straight up calling erdrick shield "brave shield" kinda just points to how much more obvious its him lol
At the least it's something people can show when someone think it makes no sense to call a hero a 'brave'. They're weird with translations sometimes :p

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
At the least it's something people can show when someone think it makes no sense to call a hero a 'brave'. They're weird with translations sometimes :p
I love the People still doing the whole "It can be any other game character affiliated with Brave!!!" thing

The fact that Erdrick, a iconic Japanese characters shield could only just be identified as "Brave" by a Japanese dev

I mean come on lol

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I love the People still doing the whole "It can be any other game character affiliated with Brave!!!" thing

The fact that Erdrick, a iconic Japanese characters shield could only just be identified as "Brave" by a Japanese dev

I mean come on lol
Well it adds more towards dq. But the other characters for 'brave' are possible too, since there's times where they might use the same word. It just looks good for erdrick because of all the talk around as well.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace

I mean come on lol
I've said it before, but honestly that may be a point against Erdrick more than for him. If Brave truly is as obvious to be Erdrick as Plumber would be to Mario then it sure doesn't seem like a very good codename if you're trying to obscure who the codename is for.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Given how Joker is called the "jack of all trades" by a friend, I wouldn't discount Ninten since Pippi calls him brave.

yes I'm going with this logic.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I've said it before, but honestly that may be a point against Erdrick more than for him. If Brave truly is as obvious to be Erdrick as Plumber would be to Mario then it sure doesn't seem like a very good codename if you're trying to obscure who the codename is for.
They're learning slowly. They havent done great hiding data up to now. Removing the data entirely is probably the smartest thing they've done.
And if they think ahead of it much, then why would they mislead people in thinking it's dq just to disappoint them? Japan is big on the series.
but really we dont know :O

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Those codenames werent suppose to be seen by non devs in the first place lol

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
They're learning slowly. They havent done great hiding data up to now. Removing the data entirely is probably the smartest thing they've done.
And if they think ahead of it much, then why would they mislead people in thinking it's dq just to disappoint them? Japan is big on the series.
but really we dont know :O
No we don't, it's hardly solid piece of evidence against him but I still think based on Joker's "Jack" codename its not exactly helping him either.

If it ends up being him I won't be that surprised because it's really obvious, but if it doesn't end up being him I won't really be surprised either because then it would have successfully done it's job as a code name.

Those codenames werent suppose to be seen by non devs in the first place lol
No but the fact that they exist at all instead of just using the names like they did with Smash 4 DLC shows they we're trying to hide it. All the other fighters just use their name but the DLC group have code names, they are clearly trying to hide who the DLC is to avoid a Ryu/Roy situation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think needing to remove the codenames is the nail in the coffin. If Brave was as harmless as we hope it is, removing it from the files wouldn't be necessary.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
No we don't, it's hardly solid piece of evidence against him but I still think based on Joker's "Jack" codename its not exactly helping him either.

If it ends up being him I won't be that surprised because it's really obvious, but if it doesn't end up being him I won't really be surprised either because then it would have successfully done it's job as a code name.

No but the fact that they exist at all instead of just using the names like they did with Smash 4 DLC shows they we're trying to hide it. All the other fighters just use their name but the DLC group have code names, they are clearly trying to hide who the DLC is to avoid a Ryu/Roy situation.
The problem is that we only have 2 codenames to base ourselves on. And if it's just a random dev guy who decided on the codename, there might not be extensive thought behind it.

I wont be overly surprised if it's something completely differnt than we thought too. I'm just hoping it's something good, :)
and that we get to find out in not too long.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I think needing to remove the codenames is the nail in the coffin. If Brave was as harmless as we hope it is, removing it from the files wouldn't be necessary.
Just because my safe has a lock I'm pretty sure you can't break doesn't mean I won't move it once you know where it is.

The problem is that we only have 2 codenames to base ourselves on. And if it's just a random dev guy who decided on the codename, there might not be extensive thought behind it.

I wont be overly surprised if it's something completely differnt than we thought too. I'm just hoping it's something good, :)
and that we get to find out in not too long.
True it's hard to say, like I said I won't be all that surprised if it ends up still being Erdrick and I really think it makes more sense to be someone from Dragon Quest than just someone who is brave, but even if you don't compare it to Joker's code name it still falls short of it's intended purpose since they clearly didn't use his name like the rest of the cast so they were attempting to at least a little hide it.

D

Deleted member

Just because my safe has a lock I'm pretty sure you can't break doesn't mean I won't move it once you know where it is.
Fair analogy. Nothing proves Brave is Erdrick. Since the stats are out of public sight, that also means we don't know if anything is being changed behind the scenes. We'll have to wait and see. I always thought Brave discussion died after they were removed from the code.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

True it's hard to say, like I said I won't be all that surprised if it ends up still being Erdrick and I really think it makes more sense to be someone from Dragon Quest than just someone who is brave, but even if you don't compare it to Joker's code name it still falls short of it's intended purpose since they clearly didn't use his name like the rest of the cast so they were attempting to at least a little hide it.
eh, maybe in a few weeks we'll look back on this and it'll all make sense.
Or we'll be like why the hell did they use those codenames. for me it just looks like a continuation of them not being good at encrypting stuff yet.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Fair analogy. Nothing proves Brave is Erdrick. Since the stats are out of public sight, that also means we don't know if anything is being changed behind the scenes. We'll have to wait and see. I always thought Brave discussion died after they were removed from the code.
Agreed, I don't bring this up to say it's isn't Erdrick just say that we still don't know for sure it is because of the code name.

eh, maybe in a few weeks we'll look back on this and it'll all make sense.
Or we'll be like why the hell did they use those codenames. for me it just looks like a continuation of them not being good at encrypting stuff yet.
Yeah considering they made no effort before I guess we can't assume that this effort is going to be a great one but I guess I assume that surely someone over there has some idea what they're doing lol and frankly the fact that Joker's code name is good helps me to confirm that. But until we get more information for all we know they got lucky with the Joker one and the rest are really obvious.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I have one more guess to who this could be: Reiji Arisu. The Namco rep no one anticipated and the main theme of his starring roles is called ''Brave New World''.

Top Bottom