• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BR vids

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I only saw the first vid because i'm at school currently. You definately have the handle on pit. I especially liked your use of d-tilt and spacing. However your arrow accuracy seemed pretty low. Also you ledge hopped to Mirror Shield a couple times and it never worked. Thats the only thing that really stood out to me that you can work on. Well there's a couple advanced tactics you never used but i'm assuming you know of those and choose not to use them.

Also Kizzu told me you played marth?

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
good job in handling the olimar, it is always annoying to fight him on the stage.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I guess I'll post it here:

Wow, Nice combos! I like the Fthrow into Dtilt and the rising Dair to Utilt. I'll have to keep those in mind.
One thing I noticed in the second Wolf match, you were trying too hard to land a finisher to end Wolf's first stock. I think that Pit is better with some sort of set up to the finisher.
Since it looks like you are a very aggressive fighter and really into hand to hand combat over the spammy arrow style, I think you could benefit from wingdashing since it is ment for that style.

It can cancel wolf's blaster while moving you forward or away. An example I saw of where wingdashing would have work would be in Olimar Battle 3 at 2:30 where you did a Dsmash to Bair but missed the Bair because he teched away. I am positive that a Dsmash>wingdash>Bair would have made the Bair connect because it would have quickly made up the ground you lost from his tech. That isn't the only time btw.

Also, I say this to other Pit's but I think that you should use Up B close near the ledge no matter how many jumps you have left. This enables the auto snap feature. I'm experimenting with using Up B near the ledge as an edge gaurding technique for when they are too far under to gimp with the mirror shield. Since you get your Up B back if you are hit in the opening frames (about the same as the wing canceling timing), its worth testing.

That is a great Wolf and you are very lucky to have him to play against. I'm jealous. I really like your aggressive style and how you make Pit look so fluent and fast.
I noticed you don't use the Angel Ring much if at all. Why is that? I think learning how to do the Angel Ring Slide tech located under the "Angel Ring Thread " thread would benefit as well.

Idk how different you play now so don't mind me if I said something you are already doing.

You have a nice Pit. Keep it up!

Top Bottom