• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Suicide Attack Outcomes?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Only applies to 1v1 Stock matches, when both characters have 1 stock left.

In this video here you see Lucas getting it. The result is Sudden Death
http://youtube.com/watch?v=21esqeZ8QVU

When used on Ganondorf, Ganon dies first and Bowser wins. Ganon's big after all.

What will the outcome be when Bowser does his Suicide move against different characters when both have 1 Stock left?
Will Bowser die first? Will his victim die first? Or will it become Sudden Death?

Any1 want to show/make me a video of Bowser's Suiciding outcomes against every character?
Or maybe a list showing the outcomes?

Makes you wonder too right?

EDIT: Apparently my info is not accurate. This was posted before brawl came out in the US after all.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
According to the dojo, your opponent should die first, bowser must've been unlucky to get that on Lucas but if done in sudden death I'm pretty sure it's guarenteed that bowser has it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I suppose that's helpful.
But I'm talkin about when both Bowser and the other character having 1 stock left. Will Bowser win? Will he lose? or will it be Sudden Death?
Ex: Will Pika die first even though he's small?
Ex: Will Jigglypuff die first?
I want to know this for all Characters that Bowser uses it on
This strat will may become useful when I'm facing my "Nemesis" Characters, such as Fox and Marth. But if Bowser Dies first, I wont use it on the last life.

Thanks for helping me out.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like something to do when I get brawl, test suicides, lol.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I don't have the game but a friend of mine does and I've talked to him a lot about Brawl over the phone. One thing he said is that Bowser's suicide slam is worthless for kills because once you grab, your opponent can DI DURING the throw to help control where it lands, so basically you will not be getting suicide kills with this, ever, unless your opponent is really not paying attention at all. Pretty disappointing if true. Anyone played and can confirm or otherwise?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'll tell my clueless Fox-playing friend that you can't escape from the throw, then I own him with suiciding then... If its true. I'll be waiting for more information. Once I get the full roster suicided by Bowser, I'll get rid of this Post and Make another one showing the list of those who Die first, etc.
PS: tell your friend that The Flying slam should not be underestimated. The Admiral Says so!

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I'll tell my clueless Fox-playing friend that you can't escape from the throw, then I own him with suiciding then... If its true. I'll be waiting for more information. Once I get the full roster suicided by Bowser, I'll get rid of this Post and Make another one showing the list of those who Die first, etc.
PS: tell your friend that The Flying slam should not be underestimated. The Admiral Says so!
No one said you could escape from it, I'm not sure if you can. But you CAN use DI to direct the trajectory of the slam towards the center of the stage, thus avoiding the suicide kill.

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
I've been playing the Japanese version for around 1-1/2 months.

The only person that can DI the suplex is Bowzer. The opponent has NO control over which direction you go while suplexing.

nelohalo

Smash Rookie
Doesn't this move seem very powerful? If the opponent has a low %, and you have a very high %, you can suicide and reset the %'s to zero. Also, if you have a high percent and have just ko'd an opponent, you can quickly grab them before they smash you off the stage, and get another kill out of it, therefore putting you up a stock without much trouble. After that you can repeat until they run out of stocks, which should be one before you do.

I hope it isn't easy to pull off this move, otherwise it will be spammed hard.

residentevilrulz

Smash Apprentice
The opponent barely has control over it. The more damage the opponent has and the less damage Bowser has, the farther and easier he can make it go. The opponent can resist the direction it goes but only very slightly. The Dojo says so

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
The opponent barely has control over it. The more damage the opponent has and the less damage Bowser has, the farther and easier he can make it go. The opponent can resist the direction it goes but only very slightly. The Dojo says so
That may be what the Dojo says, but for the past month or longer I've been playing the japanese version, and my opponents have not been able to DI it at all.

Perhaps it's just a bug, but that's how it's been.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Only applies to 1v1 Stock matches, when both characters have 1 stock left.

In this video here you see Lucas getting it. The result is Sudden Death
http://youtube.com/watch?v=21esqeZ8QVU
What will the outcome be when Bowser does his Suicide move against different characters when both have 1 Stock left?
Will Bowser die first? Will his victim die first? Or will it become Sudden Death?
That's the question I asked, hoping it will soon be answered. In the video, 1:16-1:21 is what I wanted to know about, but replace Lucas with another character and see if Sudden death happens again.

No one said you could escape from it, I'm not sure if you can. But you CAN use DI to direct the trajectory of the slam towards the center of the stage, thus avoiding the suicide kill.
Interesting. Of course, not every person knows about it. I can put my luck against a noobish player online, who'd probably use Marth, Ike, or Fox.

so this is only effective near edge?
If you want to perform a Flying Slam Suicide, then yes, it's only effective near the edge.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
your opponent has less control if they have higher %
It's the difference between your and his damage. You have to be low and him high. So, you have to be winning, or to have just lost a life. It's not really great any more, is it? It's a guaranteed kill if you're winning and could in another way, or if you're losing and want to make the match end quicker.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Currently I have 31 of the 35 characters now. Today after school ill answer this question of mine myself, close this one, and post a new thread providing you all the outcomes of the Suicide

Bazooka Lucca

BRoomer
BRoomer
In the japanese version this happened to me:

Bowser side-B Wolf (this was a 1 stock match)
Both Die: Sudden death.
Bowser Side-B wolf during sudden death and Bowser wins.

Queen Koopa

Smash Rookie
I skipped the second page, having seen all the panic about how overpowered the Koopa Klaw might be. It isn't.

The move isn't made specifically for suicide. For some reason it's expected that a Bowser player is going to try to suicide the other player as his or her only reason for using the move. I don't use the move to suicide 90 percent of the time, but more so for the feeling of disorientation and confusion it gives the other player to get grappled around like Zangief.

The move itself does 20-25 percent damage, add in normal attacks, the ease to slam every 10-20 seconds depending on how smart the other person plays, and smash attacks.

Well, I'm number 1 on my Wii, and my friends HAVE had it 48 hours now. Needless to say I'm destroying them all, and everyone else in their apartment building for that matter. Bowser destroys, and using the Koopa Klaw as a counter attack, makes him a very tactical character, moreso then many others.

To clear up any confusion on the Klaw, it works like this.

25% Bowser, 100% Mario

Bowser controls the movement.

125% Bowser, 30 percent Mario

Mario controls the movement.

50% Bowser, 50% Mario

Unless the other player isn't paying attention, or doesn't know how to change the directory, it's going straight down to send Mario flying.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
yeah, it seems to have to deal with the % difference, but I'll see if U can actually test it tomorrow.

re: Queen Koopa's post:
"The move itself does 20-25 percent damage, add in normal attacks, the ease to slam every 10-20 seconds depending on how smart the other person plays, and smash attacks.

Well, I'm number 1 on my Wii, and my friends HAVE had it 48 hours now. Needless to say I'm destroying them all, and everyone else in their apartment building for that matter. Bowser destroys, and using the Koopa Klaw as a counter attack, makes him a very tactical character, moreso then many others."

If you can do this your friends must not be very good ;) I play at my college now, and it seems like booser needs to rely mainly on spacing tilts, using smashes to punish, and aerials to retreat defensively, or egdgeguard. The side-B has too short a range to be effectively spammed every 10-20 seconds. IMO.

Also, almost every character requires "tactics" Booser no moreso than others. His comparative slowness/laginess makes you NEED to play him smarter, but the character himself in no more intrinsically tatical than any other.

Glad you are owning with him though!

Gojira

Smash Lord
No one has figured thsi out yet?

You will get the kill first nomatter what. As long as you are plugged into a higher player slot.

EX:player One Bowser vs Player 2(whatever character)

Player 2 die will always die first.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
While i was in some noobish FFA matches (There were items on, ratio was on high, and i hate FFAs), there, the Rob shot me and the Fox, and I Bowsercided the Fox, and the Rob got 2 kills.
Kill-wise, the one who hits the ones who fell to the Bowsercide last (Including the one who Bowsercides) gets the points.
If its 1v1, hit the Bowsercider once and you will get a kill from him when he performs it. If you dont get hit at all when you perform the Bowsercide, it results in an SD.
This info may not be that useful, but it's just a heads up.
As for the Player slot... I really should pay more attention.

Top Bottom