• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Revenge 10 - Feb 15th, Plano Texas

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Bowser's Revenge 10: The Return of the Koopa King

A Project: M 3.02 Tournament

Please Note:
The venue closes at 8-9pm, so we'll be running things on a tight shift. Show up on time or we'll start without you! If you know you're going to be late, let me know via text/call before the event starts and I'll see if we can work you in afterwards.
The venue is a family store; moms with kids come in on Saturdays. Keep things PG-13!

When: starts 11AM Saturday, Feb 15th

Where: FX Game Exchange
3000 Custer Road, Suite 170
Plano, Texas 75075

What: Project: M Singles and Doubles.

Sethlon’s cell: 832-482-5588

Schedule:
11:00AM Registration opens
12:00PM Project M Doubles start
2:30PM Project M Singles Start

Entry Fee:
Venue: $5 (discounted to $3 if you bring a set up we use for the tournament!)
Singles: $10
Doubles: $10

Payout:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

If there are less than 10 entrants for an event, payout will instead be 70/30.

Project M Ruleset:

1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Buffer set to OFF
5. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
6. In the event of a match going to time/sudden death, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.
d. In the event of going to sudden death because of suicide kill move (such as Ganon's overB or Dedede's inhale), the player initiating the move will be declared the winner.​
7. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.

Addendum for Doubles
1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Life stealing is allowed. (Note that lifestealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B, rather than Melee's start)
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.​

Character/Stage Selection Process
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans three stages.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Dave’s Stupid Rule is in effect

Stagelist:
Starters:
Yoshi's Story (Singles only)
Battlefield
PkmStad2
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpick Stages: Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, PkmStd2, Final Destination, Smashville, Dreamland, Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only), Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise, Warioware, Greenhill Zone, Skyloft, Skyworld, Metal Cavern, Dracula's Castle, Rumble Falls, Distant Planet (Teams only)

Other Rules
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
6. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
7. Giga Bowser is Banned.

Last edited:

hamyojo

Smash Ace
is giga bowser legal

it is called bowsers revenge

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hell yeah. I'm definitely going to try and make this.

The last time I went to Bowsers Revenge, I got four stocked by Sethlon's Ike.

AH THE SWEET MEMORIES

&Y_

Smash Cadet
>Bowser's Revenge
>No Giga Bowser

Sounds like there needs to be Giga Bowser's Revenge Event.

D

Deleted member

Probably going to go, even if my sister is coming into town. Great thanks to the legendary Sethlon for hosting these tournaments again!

If I go I'll definitely bring my P:M Setup and an Extra CRT for someone to hook their Wii/P:M up too.

@ZachAttax64 Any chance we could team at this? You know, like DIME 1 Nostalgia without all the stupidness? I understand if you say no, but I think we could bring a hurricane force to the table commonly known as P:M.

@ Sethlon Sethlon Is the Climbers/Reflection glitch legal in the Singles bracket or is that still Gentlemen's Clause?

Last edited by a moderator:

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
Oh nice, how long have you been hosting these? It's just DIME, but with...Project Melee Gimmick!
@Scotch98' - Want to team? Luigi and Ness or Lucas?

D

Deleted member

I'll probably team with you. I was going to ask Lunchables, but I already know the answer, so whatever.

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
I'll probably team with you. I was going to ask Lunchables, but I already know the answer, so whatever.
Sure, we can do doubles team at PARG2, we can even team then. Maybe not, I'm just not good at teams lol.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Awww yeah

So glad this is starting up again.

I will be there, rain, snow or shine. I can bring a full set up with me.

D

Deleted member

Any wanna team with me? My usual partner isn't going, and I'm not sure how to contact the person who I was supposed to team with. (RoboHobo)

D

Deleted member

Since you're going to be there, you should money match me.
He actually can't for personal reasons. If you really want to know, just send me a PM.

But you two should really do that MM sometime.

D

Deleted member

RoboHobo here. Sup son.
There ya are. Alright, I'm going to definitely team with you at Bowsers. I'm still not 100% if I can make it to this, but if I do, I'll team with you. Just in case you really wanna do Doubles, find a backup partner just in case I fail to appear.

GiftedRoboHobo

Smash Rookie
There ya are. Alright, I'm going to definitely team with you at Bowsers. I'm still not 100% if I can make it too this, but if I do, I'll team with you. Just in case you really wanna do Doubles, find a backup partner just in case I fail to appear.
Sounds like a plan dude

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hopefully I'll be at this.

I want to get better at this game so I'll money match anyone for $1-5 best of 5, until I run out of cash.

Or until EVERYONE ELSE RUNS OUT OF CASH.

D

Deleted member

5 dollar mm
I want to claim back the virginity stolen many many times from sheik
... Please? :(

D

Deleted member

Update: Probably not going.
Sad faces will be deployed shortly.

D

Deleted member

I have slain your jiggs with toonlink
With thy master sword in hand, Drew is but an aliami!

D

Deleted member

I have slain your jiggs with toonlink
With thy master sword in hand, Drew is but an aliami!
Aliami doesn't even play Puff anymore, lol. Ever since he rested me in our Doubles match, I'm not too sure if he's even considering playing her anymore. :yeahboi:

D

Deleted member

That... wasn't the point.
I assumed so.

You said something about slaying a Jigglypuff, and you said Drew is nothing but an Aliami, and Aliami is infamous for his Jigglypuff, so I just added the two together and made a post.

I'm either really stupid, or I'm not following your inside joke.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think he's trying to say I suck against Toon Link, or at least my Puff does, which is 100% true lol.

Why is Orpheon on? That stage is so dumb, especially in a loud, crowded room where you might not pick up on the audio cues in time and find yourself completely under the stage.

D

Deleted member

I'm about to make the common5.pac for this, so if you guys could get stages down quickly that would be awesome!
Also oracle I think I have a way to change the stage layout on the menu without your codeset, I can edit the ingame animations (Haven't tested though so I'm not positive yet)

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot I don't have to move anything from the second page to the first because sethlons stage list isn't trash *runs*

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Finalized stagelist:

Stagelist:
Starters:
Yoshi's Story (Singles only)
Battlefield
PkmStad2
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpick Stages: Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, PkmStd2, Final Destination, Smashville, Dreamland, Fountain of Dreams (Singles Only), Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise, Warioware, Greenhill Zone, Skyloft, Skyworld, Metal Cavern, Dracula's Castle, Rumble Falls, Distant Planet (Teams only)

Also, the venue is now opening at 10:00am! Pushing back all the start times by 30 mins in accordance. Now more than ever, make sure to let me know if you're going to be late!!! Our scene is getting big and I have no intention of having this run to overtime, so I will start without you otherwise.

Top Bottom