• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowsers Infinite on Wario

Mmac

Smash Lord
Yep, Bowser can infact Infinite Wario, but there's some strings attached.

First of all, It's done exactly like Yoshi/ZSS's infinite on him (If you know of those >_>) That you just release him, then do a timed regrab, and just repeat adding jab damage each time. The string however is Wario's Double Jump. If he still has it (And realizes that he can use it) Then you have only a fraction of a second to react and grab him in time before he gets away. However if you do (or better yet, grab him in the air when he already wasted it), then he doesn't get it back, and has no chance of escaping.

Some notes is that you need to time the grab. Its not like Dedede where you can just grab instantly after, but the timing (Without his DJ) isn't that hard to figure out. The other thing is that if he Escapes while you are Jabbing, then he will escape to the ground and the Infinite will be ruined.

All of this I tested with Human Players, so it's 100% True information.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
thats really helpful, but can you grab release up smash or utilt so you can end it alot sooner than waiting to kill him w/ a throw.

Flayl

Smash Hero
The other thing is that if he Escapes while you are Jabbing, then he will escape to the ground and the Infinite will be ruined.
I don't think you can really call it an infinite if all it takes to escape is to not hold up >_>

Okay, never mind, the way that's worded made it confusing. So I guess we need to learn how many grab jabs bowser can make before he has to wait his opponent out?

Mmac

Smash Lord
Yeah. A good plan is to do one Jab until Wario is at least 30, then do 2 Jabs per grab until somewhere around 60-70, then do 3.

I'm not sure, but I think you can Usmash him out of the grab, so yeah that should end it alot sooner.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
btw, running under him and upsmash'ing has too much lag and the wario can dodge it, however taking a small step and using uptilt is an unescapable kill. Be careful with the step, because when I tried it the first couple of times I did a dash attack which went under him. The tilt will be completly refreshed probably because of all the jabs you do in the "infinite". However you can do the grab to uptilt at any time. (you probably knew this, just felt that I had to share)

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
Bowser has infinite on Wario...this should be funny in a month or two...

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Yep, Bowser can infact Infinite Wario, but there's some strings attached.

First of all, It's done exactly like Yoshi/ZSS's infinite on him (If you know of those >_>) That you just release him, then do a timed regrab, and just repeat adding jab damage each time. The string however is Wario's Double Jump. If he still has it (And realizes that he can use it) Then you have only a fraction of a second to react and grab him in time before he gets away. However if you do (or better yet, grab him in the air when he already wasted it), then he doesn't get it back, and has no chance of escaping.

Some notes is that you need to time the grab. Its not like Dedede where you can just grab instantly after, but the timing (Without his DJ) isn't that hard to figure out. The other thing is that if he Escapes while you are Jabbing, then he will escape to the ground and the Infinite will be ruined.

All of this I tested with Human Players, so it's 100% True information.
Are you seriously saying it is an infinite UNLESS they double jump? Are you sure your human players didnt suck? You also said he can escape while jabbing... Not infinite. Are you also saying that Wario can DI out of this?

Mmac

Smash Lord
Are you seriously saying it is an infinite UNLESS they double jump? Are you sure your human players didnt suck? You also said he can escape while jabbing... Not infinite. Are you also saying that Wario can DI out of this?
No, That only happens if you grab him on the GROUND. His DJ is his best means of escape if you screw up. you can still time the grab to snag him during the initial frames of his DJ once he gains control after release. Once he's grabed again, he no longer has that DJ, and is basically screwed

And he only releases to the ground if he gets release during the jabbing animation. If you're just mashing the A button, of course he's going to get away. You can only jab him a few times, then wait for the release, regrab, and repeat.

You can't add DI on a release until he's regain control. By the time he gains recontrol, he's already in your grab hitbox.

It also helps abit if you take a small step forward after every release. I tested this on 3 different people, and had someone tested this on me, so it is an infinite

B0NK

Smash Lord
Never heard it be called that...
It's because he is a Yoshi player. They been abbreviating since 64 because of DJC or "Double Jump Cancel."

Speedsk8er said:
Does this mean Wario's going down on the tier list? >:3
Basically, the grab release he has is just such a weak point. But there are a lot of characters the have a bad grab release.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
I can confirm that this is indeed a valid infinite. The timing is very strict, though, as long as Wario still has his double jump. For those of you having trouble grabbing him before he jumps away: Wario does a little turn once he breaks free. The moment the turn ends--that's when you want to grab him! And if the Wario is spamming the jump button to escape, all the better. He'll use up his double jump the second your grab makes contact with him, so timing the grabs from there shouldn't be a problem.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I can confirm that this is indeed a valid infinite. The timing is very strict, though, as long as Wario still has his double jump. For those of you having trouble grabbing him before he jumps away: Wario does a little turn once he breaks free. The moment the turn ends--that's when you want to grab him! And if the Wario is spamming the jump button to escape, all the better. He'll use up his double jump the second your grab makes contact with him, so timing the grabs from there shouldn't be a problem.
Have I mentioned I have a forum crush on this Kevin, he's true blue yo

Anyways yeah this is legit, and just a quick infinite to about 110 percent into a grab released D-tilt Is BRUTAL

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
but bowser can do it on ivy and charizard too if they don't jump break(which easy to do since his jab is so slow)

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
Does this mean Wario's going down on the tier list? >:3
Not to Much Since the high tier mostly can't do it against Wario unless he is grabbed during recovery the execption to this are Marth & Snake they can do it anywhere since they're are tall enough to suspend him off the ground. Marth can follow with fsmash(tipper) and more and Snake can follow with utilt

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Its a shame that I havent seen a Wario in a while. Even if I did, my Pit would be the one fighting him.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Jump release, Wario does a stupid jump release against a lot of the taller characters, giving them free hits and occasionally infinites.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Not that Bowser can ever grab Wario to begin with, but it's neat anyway, I suppose...

Trapt497

Smash Ace
is there a video of this? i'm having a hard time understanding what Wario's double jump has to do with this...

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
is there a video of this? i'm having a hard time understanding what Wario's double jump has to do with this...
Yeah I'm also having a problem learning/seeing this. I've never seen it actually used in a match before so it doesn't exactly count if it's an instructional video because of factors like DI/etc. I've never been one to do infinites or Chaingrabs so this is all new to me. :ohwell:

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Yes, friend of mine mains Wario, AND knows how to play with him very well, so this should be fun, kickin' his farting dirty ******* with Bowser...(he hates being beaten by Bowser, which makes it even more awesome...)

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Yeah. A good plan is to do one Jab until Wario is at least 30, then do 2 Jabs per grab until somewhere around 60-70, then do 3.

I'm not sure, but I think you can Usmash him out of the grab, so yeah that should end it alot sooner.

FYI, I can mash out of a grab at 80% from 1 jab : ]

TheFast

Smash Lord
FYI, I can mash out of a grab at 80% from 1 jab : ]
Wow I saw your avitar and the green text and got confused, I was like omg I,ve never posted on this thread. Then i saw your name is blue.

On Topic: I thought the Wario players found a way out of Yoshi's infinite. I must be wrong though.

Edit: I made a new avatar cause I have to be different.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wow I saw your avitar and the green text and got confused, I was like omg I,ve never posted on this thread. Then i saw your name is blue.

On Topic: I thought the Wario players found a way out of Yoshi's infinite. I must be wrong though.

Edit: I made a new avatar cause I have to be different.
No what happened there was someone posted information on breaking to the ground while someone is jabbing you. It got blown way out of proportion and people just assumed that meant Wario gets away free, when in reality it only works if your opponent jabs at you too much.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
What Dr.mario guy said people blew that way out of proportion. It was completely known. Breaking out when being hit forces a ground break that's why to infinite wario people pummel once, wait and repeat.

It doesn't work with yoshi because you can never ground break against yoshi.

It doesn't work with Bowser because Bowser can regrab you if you ground break.

Top Bottom