• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's final smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Giga Bowser looks WAY more effective. The transformation lasts about 14 seconds, same as Brawl, but the faster gameplay, increased speed of his moves and reduced hitstun lag make him seem to be able to do a lot more than he could before.

and at 1:12. HOLY **** THAT WHIRLING FORTRESS! Thats a huge buff to an already good move.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
And that's what I hate about Sakurai's choices. He doesn't make the characters as true as they were/are in their source material nor does he showcase their true potential. Not even the characters he helped made when he work for HAL!
Giga Bowser has become a big part of Bowser since it's debut in Melee. When it came to choose a Final Smash they couldn't have chosen better. When people bring the unfaithfulness argument on him it's just because they can't get their way with it, it's not even an objective statement; even it we are fans we shouldn't get overzealous and start telling others that a character MUST have this, this and that. A character's Smash identity is as important as the source material it came from. So Gigs is here to stay.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The transformation still looks to be too short. Both Super Sonic and Wario-Man last longer, and they're better. Here's hoping it gets tweaked before the release.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine with Giga Bowser because it was kinda useful unlike some final smash's *coughcoughDKcough*
, but I was really hoping he would transform into Magma Bowser from Bowser's Castle in Mario Kart 8, where he goes into the foreground of the stage and smashes opponents

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
LOL people actually forget that although the looks-transformation might not be canon, one of Bowser's most defining traits is becoming even bigger to wreck opponents.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
My favorite thing about Giga Bowser in Sm4sh is that his moveset reverts to that of Brawl/Melee, so he not only becomes huge, his moves all become more monstrous

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I agree.

Given the advent of Mega Evolution (Mega Zard X and Mega Luke), Giga Mac, and most likely Wario-Man, I feel like Transformation Final Smashes are going to become the new "Landmaster" fiasco.

Bowser's definitely gotten a plethora of sources to pull new ideas from and the coup de grace from Bowser's Inside Story would have been the perfect candidate for a revised Bowser's new F.S. (start at 5:39 or so).

Picture it. Bowser grabs the Smash Ball, flashes a quick pose then charges at the foe at incredible speeds. Whoever's caught in the dash is sent flying and lands back down only to receive the death blow as Bowser's fist gleams and delivers a satisfying K.O.

Giga Bowser should go back to boss status. Heck, the return of The Showdown with Mewtwo and Ganondorf would be pretty awesome to re-experience.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I agree.

Given the advent of Mega Evolution (Mega Zard X and Mega Luke), Giga Mac, and most likely Wario-Man, I feel like Transformation Final Smashes are going to become the new "Landmaster" fiasco.

Bowser's definitely gotten a plethora of sources to pull new ideas from and the coup de grace from Bowser's Inside Story would have been the perfect candidate for a revised Bowser's new F.S. (start at 5:39 or so).

Picture it. Bowser grabs the Smash Ball, flashes a quick pose then charges at the foe at incredible speeds. Whoever's caught in the dash is sent flying and lands back down only to receive the death blow as Bowser's fist gleams and delivers a satisfying K.O.

Giga Bowser should go back to boss status. Heck, the return of The Showdown with Mewtwo and Ganondorf would be pretty awesome to re-experience.
Mentions plethora of choices, suggests glorified generic punch...
From cool-beans monster transformation to that? No thank you.

This really shows that some people are just so willing to get rid of Gigs that they want to replace it with their own half-baked ideas for a so-called Final Smash.

Besides, Bowser's most common power boost in his games is getting huge.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Mentions plethora of choices, suggests glorified generic punch...
From cool-beans monster transformation to that? No thank you.

This really shows that some people are just so willing to get rid of Gigs that they want to replace it with their own half-baked ideas for a so-called Final Smash.

Besides, Bowser's most common power boost in his games is getting huge.
Whoa, what's up with the hostility?

If you disagree that's fine by me, but good grieving. Apologies for not being clear, but what I meant to say was that Bowser's Inside Story could provide Bowser with great material for his newly revised moveset.

In addition, there is no denying that growing big is Bowser's main power up in most Mario games. I only feel skeptical towards Giga Bowser because I'm anticipating that we're going go get a number of transformation final smashes is going to be heavily saturated (assuming Mega Luke is a F.S. & Wario-Man is back).

The reason I suggested that move is because it was an awesome flashy finisher to the final boss of an epic game. Sure it may not be as recognizable and iconic as Bowser's numerous size increases but I figured to go a different route from generic transformations. And if you disagree, THAT'S FINE, no need to be a jerk about it.

And I respect your opinion. :)

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I love Giga Bowser, so I'm glad he's back, and playable again.

I loved his boss form in Melee more, though.

D

Deleted member

I love how Giga Bowser still has the Brawl/Melee animations. It makes sense considering Giga Bowser is a Smash original creation.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Whoa, what's up with the hostility?

If you disagree that's fine by me, but good grieving. Apologies for not being clear, but what I meant to say was that Bowser's Inside Story could provide Bowser with great material for his newly revised moveset.

In addition, there is no denying that growing big is Bowser's main power up in most Mario games. I only feel skeptical towards Giga Bowser because I'm anticipating that we're going go get a number of transformation final smashes is going to be heavily saturated (assuming Mega Luke is a F.S. & Wario-Man is back).

The reason I suggested that move is because it was an awesome flashy finisher to the final boss of an epic game. Sure it may not be as recognizable and iconic as Bowser's numerous size increases but I figured to go a different route from generic transformations. And if you disagree, THAT'S FINE, no need to be a jerk about it.

And I respect your opinion. :)
To tell the truth, I'd rather have the Super Bowser Punch as a SideB, Bowser could use an approach tool.

tetraforce

Smash Rookie
Giga bowser is way too iconic to smash at this point any other final smash would be weird plus its one of the few times where bowser actually looks threatening

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'd prefer something other than Giga Bowser. I watched the gameplay footage and I'm still not too impressed honestly.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well, he looks awesome and its better than if he would just become big with no real changes. And now he isn`t Bowser`s bigger clone with different effects on his attacks and better model since he has his attacks from Melee/Brawl.

Sendo Roba

Smash Cadet
I love Giga remaining, and retaining his Brawl animations. I love a lot of Bowser's animations, so seeing them changed and Bowser overall being made more "human" (running, standing upright, punching) really bummed me out. But seeing it all stay intact for Giga made me really happy.

Also, I would like him to come back as a boss

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Give Giga Bowser wings, lol.

And I want the giga drop kick please.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad that Giga Bowser is returning. It's not the best Final Smash ever, but why wouldn't you want to control Giga Bowser?

I just hope that we can have a Giga Bowser boss fight again like in Melee. That would be freaking sweet.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Anyone else notice that Giga Bowser keeps his Brawl Moveset? That alone made me perfectly fine with Bowser. You get the Smash Ball and get a bit of Brawl/Melee nostalgia alongside it.

Calcobrena

Smash Cadet
While I have no problem with Giga Bowser returning, I am not a big fan of how he looked in the demo. He is so gangly and awkward, sort of like a puppet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom