• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's final smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Bowser's current final smash is, in my opinion, stupid. It has nothing to do with bowser, just a boss from melee.
Bowser needs his final smash changed. I think he should eat a vacuum mushroom then suck up his opponents.
If you have different ideas, or wish to advocate for Giga bowser, post here.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I say Dry Bowser
Bowser transforms into dry bowser which is exactly like giga bowser accept for visual differences and he can't be damaged

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Bowser on an airship (like the ones from Galaxy) that shoots cannons and bullet bills, please Think of it as the Bowser Jr. boss battle from the first Mario Galaxy, except an airship that fits Bowser, and Bowser might be able to toss low level minions or use his classic fire breath on the field. And yes, the airship will be in the background doing a bombardment.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Bowser on an airship (like the ones from Galaxy) that shoots cannons and bullet bills, please Think of it as the Bowser Jr. boss battle from the first Mario Galaxy, except an airship that fits Bowser, and Bowser might be able to toss low level minions or use his classic fire breath on the field. And yes, the airship will be in the background doing a bombardment.
Ooh, I like your idea too.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Imagine if Bowser merely sucked in a mushroom, got huge [cue close-up of eye], and slammed himself into the ground at about the speed of Marth's Critical Hit, knocking everyone off-stage.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
This should be Bowser Jr.'s final smash.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Did no one really mention the Koopa Clown Car? He could use it to ram into opponents, drop things out of it (like the big ballz in SMW), shoot a stream a fire that stays on the ground (Ness PK fire), etc.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Am I the only one who likes Giga Bowser FS? >_>

It doesn't bother me as much. I think it fits Bowser to an extent. Bowser does normally grow larger in Mario games, or is just huge in general. The more evil look can kinda work in a game like smash too. I feel that giving him that look works since it stands out more than just Bowser growing than say, with a mushroom would for the rest of the cast.

Hoboman5000

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one who likes Giga Bowser FS? >_>
I think it's fantastic, just fighting Giga Bowser in melee felt like I was in a badass-adreniline fueled version of Shadow of the Colossus, I for one think it should stay that same, although I do think Dry Bowser's a good idea too.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Ive always liked the idea of the koopa clown car final smash, give him the ability to fly around and drop bombs koopa bots, giant balls, and a quick slam move. I never really cared for giga bowser, it wasnt that effective either since you still had to run down your enemies regardless and it just felt like he had a big mushroom.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
Giga Bowser over everything. Nothing more epic than to essentially be Godzilla of the stage while watching the other player(s) running frantically to no avail because of how massive you are. There really is nothing like it, and I hope it stays.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I pretty much agree with those who say it fits Bowser. Maybe the Giga redesign not so much, but considering the final boss battle for a lot of Mario games is against a super sized Bowser, it suits him to a tee.

Clown car's not a bad idea either, I just think Bowser's super sizing is a better fit.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
While the Clown Car is a fine idea, at this point it's honestly more iconic to Bowser Jr. than it is to Bowser himself.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
While the Clown Car is a fine idea, at this point it's honestly more iconic to Bowser Jr. than it is to Bowser himself.
Yeah but Bowser Jr.'s clown car is not the same one as Bowser's from what I know. Bowser Jr.'s has arms with boxing gloves and can turn into a submarine underwater, plus it is smaller, only big enough to fit Bowser Jr. in.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
My point is that the clown car isn't really that big a part of Bowser's identity. It's way more important to Bowser Jr, even if it is slightly different - it's still a giant bowl with a clown face painted on it. There are plenty of other moves which represent Bowser far better.

Besides, the clown car makes more sensse for the little kid than it does for evil overlord Bowser anyway.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I like the resizing but I'd love to see something that represents Bowser better. Dry Bones would be awesome, or perhaps Kamek could fly over the screen and make him huge.

I love the Koopa Clown Car, but if Bowser Jr. appears in the game he is way more likely to have it - same as the armada - since Galaxy and NSMB they've both been attributed to him.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I love the Koopa Clown Car, but if Bowser Jr. appears in the game he is way more likely to have it - same as the armada - since Galaxy and NSMB they've both been attributed to him.
I still think sakurai would give it to bowser over his son since it started with bowser and is part of one of his most famous battles. I mean we did get super dragon for yoshi which is from smw and nothing else.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Imo, Bowser turning giant, be it giga bowser or another way, fits him more than using the clown car.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Bowser turning into Giga Bowser was pretty sweet in Melee, but for a final smash, I would trade it for something official to the Mario series. Just my thought.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Mario 3D World Spoilers
Cat Bowser anyone? :p

I wouldn't mind a Bowser final smash where he just gets really big and can kill everything. Look at the opening of Galaxy 2.

D

Deleted member

I'm perfectly fine with Giga Bowser.
Giga Bowser was SO freaking cool in Melee and seeing him as Bowser's Final Smash was so satisfying! It also suits Bowser nicely as he is often changing his size in the brand new Mario games. If I would change one thing about Giga Bowser however, I would change it so that you don't take any damage during the Final Smash; I didn't like that personally.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I'd prefer Bowser have a new Final Smash BUT I would like to see what Giga Bowser would look like with this version of Bowser.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I personally think Giga Bowser's just fine.

Spycic

Smash Rookie

I was thinking of something more like the ending to Super Mario Galaxy 2...
Like others said, maybe growing huge, but appearing in the background and bowling over everyone in spike ball form?

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord

Meowser, He gets larger and more powerful, can scratch opponents, slide, do the cat dive, maybe even activate the double cherry too and have a CPU controlled Meowser destroying people

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I have to say I like Giga Bowser, but we don't get enough time to play as him, therefore I think they should either change the final smash to where maybe instead of playing as the same type of Giga Bowser from Melee where he can grab items, and Giga Bowser turns back to regular Bowser when koed.

Either that or just replace Giga Bowser as a final smash altogether then have Giga Bowser be maybe be a costume for Bowser.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Bowser's new FS should be something Bowser would actually do.

Turning into something that looks like a 14-year-old would post on their DeviantArt is not something Bowser would do.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yes, I do believe that he needs a new Final Smash. I am not entirely sure what, I am an advocate of Mario and Bowser essentially swapping their Final Smashes. Mario is well-known for increasing in size and Bowser is a fire-breathing monster. So naturally, I feel as though each others Final Smashes better represent their opposite.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Why doesn't Mario use Mega Mushroom, instead of pretending he's Goku with that fire kamehame thing?

I liked Giga Bowser because he was a huge monster, I remember when he debuted in Melee I was hoping maybe they'd start using him in actual Mario games.

I think they should at least keep Giga Bowser's image in a form of a costume provided that Bowser could have two costumes that way he could also have his Dry Bowser costume.

As for final smash, I don't know, as long as Giga Bowser returns somehow and we actually get to play as him and not only for 15 seconds, then I'd be happy.

I have to agree with @ Spycic Spycic about maybe using something like Galaxy 2 as his Final Smash.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Bowser's new FS should be something Bowser would actually do.

Turning into something that looks like a 14-year-old would post on their DeviantArt is not something Bowser would do.
Yeah because Giga Bowser's design totally isn't incredibly detailed and awesome and a good representation of a more monstrous Bowser.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Yeah because Giga Bowser's design totally isn't incredibly detailed and awesome and a good representation of a more monstrous Bowser.
What you call "incredibly detailed and awesome", I call "a hackneyed to hell and back concept built on the relic of a character that is Bowser's Godzilla-like Smash portrayal". We all enjoy looking up "Realistic -insert cartoony-looking character here-" on DeviantArt or Google Images from time to time, but I really don't want to see it in Smash, especially when it's a complete misrepresentation of the character.

Giga Bowser is ugly as hell. He looks like a modern Castlevania boss made as a reference to Bowser. Now that Bowser is actually Bowser, and not just Mini-Godzilla, he really has no place in the series anymore.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
What you call "incredibly detailed and awesome", I call "a hackneyed to hell and back concept built on the relic of a character that is Bowser's Godzilla-like Smash portrayal". We all enjoy looking up "Realistic -insert cartoony-looking character here-" on DeviantArt or Google Images from time to time, but I really don't want to see it in Smash, especially when it's a complete misrepresentation of the character.

Giga Bowser is ugly as hell. He looks like a modern Castlevania boss made as a reference to Bowser. Now that Bowser is actually Bowser, and not just Mini-Godzilla, he really has no place in the series anymore.
Basically, everything you said can be summarized as this: "I personally do not enjoy Giga Bowser's look."

I respect that opinion, but there's a few things you need to keep in mind. You are most likely in the very low minority of people who actually actively oppose the experience of being a realistic, unstoppable, gargantuan version of Bowser. I think it is fair to say that almost everyone who used Bowser's Final Smash enjoys the hell out of it and thinks it's totally badass. Now for the claim that having Giga Bowser as a Final Smash is a misrepresentation...After killing a Giant Bowser in Adventure Mode SSB Melee, Bowser's trophy gets struck by lightning and he transforms into Giga Bowser. What better way to represent Bowser in a SSB game, than to make him transform into Giga Bowser; what he transforms into in a previous SSB game?

Also, Final Smashes don't necessarily HAVE to represent something in a game a character's been in or something they've done outside of Smash. That is simply, again, your opinion. I agree with it to a certain extent, but there is nothing wrong with sacrificing that philosophy for uniqueness, or fun...all the while still fitting the character. Sakurai agrees. Take a look at Lucario:

Aura Storm is Lucario's Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and, like other Final Smashes, can only be activated after breaking a Smash Ball. Aura Storm is not a move in the Pokémon games.
- Source: http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Aura_Storm

Also with your opinion, we should remove Snake because "realistic characters" don't belong in Smash.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Did no one really mention the Koopa Clown Car? He could use it to ram into opponents, drop things out of it (like the big ballz in SMW), shoot a stream a fire that stays on the ground (Ness PK fire), etc.
Came here just to suggest this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom