• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's claw = disjointed hitbox

David the Great

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this is new but I don't see it on this board. I was playing in some crazy high explosive match and f-tilt a bob-omb with Bowser without getting burned. I went to the training mode and did some test attacking a legion of defenseless bob-ombs. The result was quite pleasing for a Bowser player.

Unlike most of the other characters who fight barehanded, Bowser's claw is like Marth's sword and has a disjointed hitbox. You could actually use it to slash bombs without taking damage as long as Bowser's main body doesn't touch the explosive. This probably explains why Bowser's standard A and his f-tilt, u-tilt etc can sometimes beat some weird stuff when timed right.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
........................................|\.............../\,..,,,...-''''--,..,,
........................................|..\...........,|...|,..\..''~''-,,-''.,-''''''-,,-'|''-,
........................................|..|'\.........|,__,|...\..../.....|.'''-,...'-|....\'|
.............................|'-,......,'---|..'-,~~~'-----/'¯'|_\,|,....,|,../|..../......|
..............................|..'-,--''.¯¯|,_,,'-,......./..,-'/\.'-,,¯¯,,-''''',<''-^-,,,-'*\
.........................\¯'''''~--|,_....'~---~'...,,--'...|..¯.|'...¯¯.....-''~---,,.\...|
.......................-,--\___,,/./.....,,---~'''¯....,,-|..,,.|,-~---,,......((o) \,|,-'.,,----,
.........................'-,/---~~''.,-~''/\--,,--~-,-'''...|..'-'.||.........''~---,;;;;;---|'''''.....,,\
....................-;;''¯/''/...,-~''',--''.'~'../\'''-,..'-,...|.....||.....,~-,,-.....`-......`,.....'''''-|
.....................,¯'';,-~''''''''¯¯¯¯¯~~-,''.,--\,..|...|.,-,.\-...-|-''.<\,...............,...,,-'
.....................'''--,/''.|-,'''¯/\¯¯''-,-|......\.'~''.|/.....\''''...|....|--_,;'-,--,,,,,,,,__,|-''
.......................''/''¯¯¯'''\,--,|....|¯...¯\>.|/
........................<|./~-,,/\....\_,,,|,,--\'''''''''''''''~~--\\/.|....\,,/,|,,|>
........,-,...,..........,--\,-'',...\'''''/.....,\...|¯¯''''''~~--,,'''''|,_......._,/;-|,
........\..''-/.|-,,/'\../.........''''~|/'-,....'-,|/¯¯¯''''''~~--,,,/''''''''¯'''''''¯|,o,o/\
..........\..'''...'-,,,'|...............\,,|,-~-,/¯¯''''''''~~--,,-'..........,-''''/''''',...,\
............¯''''~|'¯¯............,,-'.\.''-~'''¯''''~~--,,--'''|...........,/\,_\.<',,-'-,'''\
............_,,,/'-,,___,,-'''''¯'''~~~------~~~'''''.....,|,-'''''''''''''''''''-,,--,.........\/
.........,-'-,..,-~-,.....,-'-,-............................/......(¯'\......./'''~,--,
.........|,-''~-,\,/,,,-~-'-,,|............................'\,,,,,,_,\,|,,,,-,,'--,..\-,\
...................................................................................¯'

ASCIIBOOZER approves. Take that projectile spammers ^___^

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
It's 4 AM, but after reading this, I went downstairs to test it out:

Bowser's F-tilt basically nullifies any projectile, so long as he hits it before it hits his body. This gives the player another option when dealing with characters with powerful projectiles like Samus or Lucario: you can literally just punch that crap out of the air and still be advancing upon your opponent.

With Samus, this won't necessarily work as you're going to come within grappling range, but being able to swat her missiles and charge shot is rather handy.

Top Bottom