• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser's Best Stage

popsofctown

Smash Champion
What do you guys think is Bowser's best stage? I'm only going to use him for counterpicking, so this is very important for me.

I've found Rainbow Cruise to be really really good, especially if i have port 1. There are massive Bowsercide opportunities, and since we are both jumping along the platforms, it seems like my opponent doesn't have time to work on getting inside of my range. Also, at the end when the screen pans way way down, I can Bowsercide a 0% opponent even if i'm at 200%, because i float up into the air to kill us both.:laugh:

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
I think Norfair.

Helps against campy characters since straight projectiles won't work well and the stage can force them to come to you, good opportunities for upsmash and up tilt through platforms, he can survive the stage hazards better and lots of platforms to avoid being edgeguarded.

And it really *fits* him.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Norfair, because it has lava, lol jk
To be honest i Think either FD or BF
For BF, the place is small, and those projectile-spamming noobs cant run far away from Bowser, and the platforms can help Bowser avoid some projectiles.
FD is pretty straight forward, enough room for the infinite jump, but then those cowards...

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
i think yoshi's because it's overall a very small map which is where bowser does great on. the little platform helps aswell. if they're standing on it u can sh uair and it's not a long ways going up. it's hard for ppl trying to spam u also because the map size.

Bowser' big body usually controlls the game on this stage.

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
Those seem like fairly neutral stages to me, maybe a little advantage.

If you're looking to specifically counter pick for Bowser I find he can dominate Norfair, just my experience.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I tried Norfair out, i see what you are talking about. He dominates the capsule.... anyway, i still enjoy rainbow cruise a lot too, it shares some of the benefits Norfair has. Norfair's lava cuts off some of Bowser's bowsercide opportunities, the way i play Bowser that's tough for me.

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
I suppose, I don't generally rely on Bowserciding.

It's generally the stage I do best on, that's all I'm saying.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I like Battlefield in general, those 3 platforms prove to be very useful to me as multiple characters including Bowser.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I prefer FD as weird as it sounds. I actually don't have a hard time with campers. Plus when I do play one it gives me the chance to work on my perfect shielding.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
i like fd, the fact that it is too big is overcompensated by the fact that it is the perfect place for the infinite jump, I also like it because snake gets trapped under edge :-)

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
When I play as Bowser, I love stages with platforms as I like to abuse them. Get the opponent up there and hitt them with utilt or usmash, setting them up for juggles or Fair, or killing them outright.

KoopaKoopaParatroopa

Smash Apprentice
When I play as Bowser, I love stages with platforms as I like to abuse them. Get the opponent up there and hitt them with utilt or usmash, setting them up for juggles or Fair, or killing them outright.
Hitting your opponent while he/she's on a platform (with you under it) applies to just about everyone :T

Anyways about the topic, I looooove Rainbow Cruise. if you catch someone hanging onto the right edge of the ship, you firebreath and they can't come back up, lol. Unless their UpB has invincibility frames (alfjdlasjdsflajk GnW)
I think someone already mentioned that this stage is a good CP against Snakes, which is true.

Blauw

Smash Cadet
Funny Norfair is mentioned, because that is also the stage I do best on as Bowser.
Bowser can handle the stage hazards pretty well, and the way the stage is build is in Bowser's advantage, with the placing of the platforms and the many edges.
And not everyone knows how to handle the hazards well, so a little practice on the stage could make your Bowser god on it.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
i played jungle japes with bowser the other day, and when u bowsercide into the water, usually your opponent dies and you can survive (assuming that crocadile thing doesnt chomp you). im pretty sure that makes this a pretty good map

Peck

Smash Apprentice
I think Bowser's best Stage is Shadow Mose Island because I usually selfdestruct with side-b attacks on the other stages.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
To put something out there, Bowser is bad and no stages give him a GREAT advantage, so counter pick to stages that mess your opponent up like counter picking Fountain of Dreams against falcon in melee.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I like Castle Siege.
Great Bowsercide opps, and those statues block most long-range attacks.
It puts me in my element, and it becomes easier to fight Olimars and MKs.
The downside: Chaingrabs on the second floor.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I find I do surprisingly well on Norfair, even though I don't like the stage.

Battleground and Smashville are also two of my favorties. Smashville's slanted edges seem to be prefect for fortressing to a ledge catch, even from near under the stage, and the moving platform makes for good Bowsercide ops as it moves away from an opponent trying to get back.

TexanBull58

Smash Rookie
definitly Frigate Orpheon it is small and doesnt allow character to use projectiles against bowser plus bowser can bomb from the floating ledges onto characters below, plus i just like the level :) hehe

Top Bottom