• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowsercide failing?

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
I plan on using Bowsercide at Gamestop, just because no one will expect it, or DI it, etc. (no one is going to this Gamestop, basically). My Bowser isn't all that bad, so I'm just going for it. However, recently we've been playing 1 stock matches just to get a bunch of matches in with the Wiichuks for me and my friends, and the Bowser suicide is bringing us to sudden death.

What affects this? It's happening nearly every single time. We started experimenting with it, no DI for either character. We even tried opponent no DI and Bowser DI up.

Undyingz

Smash Rookie
Have you tried using the suicide when you're up one stock? Because this has never happened to me. Supposedly as you slam the other character off the screen with the klawcide, you're supposed to stay just above the point of death, so that when it says "GAME" you freeze/slow down so that you don't die.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Everytime I did it I won. I don't know what causes the Sudden Death.

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
question: all those that win, are you player 1, all those that draw, are you player 2-4? and those that are 1/2 1/2, do you change?

RizardoLawless

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure its a first player>second player>third player>fourth player priority rule
It works when I'm first, but didn't once when I was second

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Yeah...I tested it and the 1st>2nd>3rd>4th player rule applies to the Bowsercide. But what will this do to tournament play? Will Bowsers fight for first player or will they just eventually decide that bowser gets the win ingnoring the SD?

Jorgon

Smash Cadet
Yeah...I tested it and the 1st>2nd>3rd>4th player rule applies to the Bowsercide. But what will this do to tournament play? Will Bowsers fight for first player or will they just eventually decide that bowser gets the win ingnoring the SD?
Yeah it works like this, just got done messing around with it after you told me last night. This is truly kinda messed up :dizzy:

EVE

Smash Rookie
Have you tried using the suicide when you're up one stock? Because this has never happened to me. Supposedly as you slam the other character off the screen with the klawcide, you're supposed to stay just above the point of death, so that when it says "GAME" you freeze/slow down so that you don't die.
No, if the opponent runs out of stocks, it doesn't matter if you die because they died first.
That's strange. Every time I've used it, no sudden death.

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
this is ridiculous programming and game development if you ask me

Top Bottom