• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser vs. jiggz questions

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
telling people that my name is pronouced "Typ
K, I haven't actually played jiggz as bowser yet, but I already have a couple questions.

1: What general strategy should I use to avoid rest combos? I know he will be using them. XD

2: What are my edgegaurding options? I've got a feeling fsmash might just not work. =/

LordQuwit

Smash Rookie
There arent any effective stratgies against Jiggly when you are Bowser. Just use Marth instead.

TheRedMarth

Smash Apprentice
I don't have a large amount of exp with an excellent Jiggz as my oppenent, so my advice will be somewhat limited and general.

If you're playing a jigglypuff that is good at shffling his/her/it's aerials, then your in trouble. Bowser incredibly easy for jigs to just walk straight off the level. Stay in the air and stay alive with fair/nair/bair. If you've got a Jigglypuff that is really putting pressure n you when you're down, try tech-fortressing.

As far as edgeguarding, ftilt/btilt if Jiggz is coming in at or below your level. If above, fair. Uair if you're feeling lucky.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
LordQuwit said:
There arent any effective stratgies against Jiggly when you are Bowser. Just use Marth instead.
I'm talking about friendlies, not tourney matches. Mind you, in tourney matches I WILL be using marth. I just want to make him respect bowser. =)

Another question. You know the trick where he bairs, jumps, bairs, jumps, and does that until u die? Will the fortress help there?

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
Tipo mastr said:
Another question. You know the trick where he bairs, jumps, bairs, jumps, and does that until u die? Will the fortress help there?
if you meant WoP, then yes it does work (fortress is know for breaking combo moves you know). I really have no expiriance to give you againts a good jiggly (haven't face a good jiggly only a bunch of foxes, falcos, marth, and you know the more "top-hight tier things).

cmart

Smash Lord
I've played Anden/Magus/Aeroshadow. Didn't beat any of them as Bowser, but I didn't get more than two-stocked by any of them either. It's not a pretty match. Try to get under him-utilt and uair are your best options for getting a kill off, if difficult to land. If you can see a pound coming, space a fsmash, though I doubt you'll see one coming if the jiggz is any good. Shield fortresses are good, since they send jiggz so far up and net early kills. I dunno any other advice-a more experienced Bowza could prolly help you out better.

As far as avoiding rest... Don't let him get near you ever. Magus utilt-rested like a *****. After I lost two stock in ten seconds I stayed the hell away from him, and did a lot better for it.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
TheRedMarth said:
If you're playing a jigglypuff that is good at shffling his/her/it's aerials, then your in trouble.
Jigglypuffs wouldn't ever dare to shffl an aerial. They do an aerial and float out of shieldgrab/aerial range. Especially on Bowser's shield they will never attempt such a thing, since Jiggz gets KO'd at 70/80% or something by Fortress.

GrabfestBowser

Sexiest Bowser
OkuWiima said:
if you meant WoP, then yes it does work (fortress is know for breaking combo moves you know). I really have no expiriance to give you againts a good jiggly (haven't face a good jiggly only a bunch of foxes, falcos, marth, and you know the more "top-hight tier things).

The fortress does NOT work against a good jiggly player! She will rest you out of it way too easily if you miss.

Luke

Magus420

Smash Master
Wiimart said:
I've played Anden/Magus/Aeroshadow. Didn't beat any of them as Bowser, but I didn't get more than two-stocked by any of them either. It's not a pretty match. Try to get under him-utilt and uair are your best options for getting a kill off, if difficult to land. If you can see a pound coming, space a fsmash, though I doubt you'll see one coming if the jiggz is any good. Shield fortresses are good, since they send jiggz so far up and net early kills. I dunno any other advice-a more experienced Bowza could prolly help you out better.

As far as avoiding rest... Don't let him get near you ever. Magus utilt-rested like a *****. After I lost two stock in ten seconds I stayed the hell away from him, and did a lot better for it.
You sure? I could've sworn there were at least a few really ugly matches in there from me getting lots of rests off per match. I remember feeling bad because of how dumb it was, and then you switched to Luigi I believe and the matches were A LOT closer. I would've used someone else but I wanted to warm up my main.

Fortress from shield is pretty good here. Watch your shield size to avoid shieldstab, since well placed pounds and u-tilts can often hit the open spots and lead to easy rests. A good amount of jiggs players by reflex go to jump when coming back down and you jump up at them, so jump up, wait for the jump and mid-air jump into an u-air. It kills at really low damage. Don't get predictable with it though.

Marth is overrated against puff. Use fox... and wtf is a btilt? :psycho:

cmart

Smash Lord
Wow I'm surprised you remembered me. I don't remember getting more than two-stocked, despite those rests, but whatever if you say it was worse I'll concede it since I'm sure my memory is spotty. I had no sleep before that tourny and was running on energy drinks so it's entirely possible I forgot some details or something like that.
Don't worry about feeling bad-I did Bowser vs Jiggz of my own free will-I knew it was going to be ugly.

You tricked me with that Luigi **** btw-I tried him out against Anden thinking it would work better and got woped off the side every stock. Whatever different playstyles and all that.

Magus420

Smash Master
Yeah, I seem to do better against marth than I do against luigi. Luigi's a magus counter, lol. Same with peach, even though those are supposed to be pretty good matchups for puff. Go figure.

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
Yea, that guy is a noob. Anyway, when i described the trick, i didn't specificaly mean the WoP. He actually doesnt WoP that much. I talking about when he WoPs you so far off the stage to kill you. He does this all the time against ganondorfs, and I'm pretty sure it will work against bowser. My question is whether or not the delay between the bairs is long enough to fit in a fortress. Thanks!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
GrabfestBowser said:
The fortress does NOT work against a good jiggly player! She will rest you out of it way too easily if you miss.

Luke
Agree'd

This matchup is painful and horrible and slow and annoying. avoid it at all costs. I'd rather fight a shiek, just to get it overwith faster lol with jiggs you lose and it takes like 6 minutes.

Megachuk

Smash Ace
Seriously, how do you win? My bowser takes peaches, mario's, spacies, + everyone else, EXCEPT JIGGS. I usually lose to shieks but its never that bad. But jiggs just destroys me. And don't say up B out of shield, I never mess that up. And jiggs has no reason to EVER be on top of a bowser. spaced Bairs suck...

HELP

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Curl up into a ball on the floor, and accept your death.

This is the least balanced match I can imagine. Your only hope is that the jigglypuff has no experience at all fighting bowsers, and then you can kill her a couple times with the unexpected reach of the Uar or utilt. then you're dead because he'll grow used to your playstyle after like the third stock, and never again will you see a glimmer of hope of actually winning.

Top Bottom