• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser vids (hi im new)

calv

Smash Cadet

nejiattack

Smash Rookie
You over use sideways-b. Use it when you know they will shield. None of the faced were good. The Lucario dies on accident. Zelda instead of using a stronger she always uses b. She could of killed you easily, he just didn't know how.

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
Nice to see some Bowser mains. Every player could always use improvment though. I didn't see you grab a lot or shield grab at all. Shield grabbing is a great technque to use with Bowser, and try out more tilts more often, they're all fast and down tilt kills well. Low Tier FTW!

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Well, not bad. Some things to work on:
1)tilts are AMAZING because they are less laggy than smashes and all of his tilts kill. ftilt is a HUGE hitbox in front of him and it lasts a while. uptilt can be strung together and it hits people behind you with good priority(uptilt util they are above you and try un up air). down tilt is fast and can k.o.

2) b-up is good out of shield(it can kill too), also shield grabing is nice(you can jab and refresh your moves). You can even try to chain multiple grabs together if you jab them until they get out move up and repeat to the edge.

3)dont over-use sideb... its good, but mix it up. in some situations you used the move tilts or airs would have been better

4)chasing people off the edge and bairing and fairing them to death is generallly easy, try it

5)never dash attack(that and dairs are generally no-nos), well maybe not never, but seriously the move is garbage. Use your shorthops and airs as an approach instead, because a)its less punishable 2) the ariels have better knockback

solid start, keep practicing

-I didn't watch all of your vids, but for the most part your opponents weren't great.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
ALWAYS SIDE B WHEN U CAN...the move is broken..keep it up kid
Sorry, thats just not true. Its very good but spamming(not saying thats what you suggested) a move particularly with a slow character gets you killed because they see it coming and will avoid it and punish your laggyness.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
You play Bowser like everyone thinks. You play him generally very bad, though not terrible (I've seen much worse). Like has been said, over used side-b, not enough up-b, and.. Well, not enough attacks in general imo. You seem to just rely on damage on side b then koing with some sort of hit. Don't use Fsmash in them iddle of nowhere, etc, etc.

Maybe you're not bad, idk, the Lucario just sucked so bad it distracted me.

degypr

Smash Cadet
I just watched the Zelda vid but when you hit someone with firebreath keep holding the buttn. Firebreath is buffed bigtime from Melee and could in that particular moment rack up possibly around 30%.

calv

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the comments, im slowly getting better :)

I should have more videos soon, they just take so **** long to upload. so when i can be bothered.

Can I just mention, I only ever play for fun, im not too serious about it, so im always gonna use all the moves that are on offer, in my experience with Bowser, you need to use a veriety of moves, the more you keep them guessing, the better you can catch them off guard.

I seem to struggle with the tilts, im too aggressive with it and I end up smashing instead, but im also gettin better with that, and you're right about the block grab, i never grab with Bowser, maybe i should start.

Fire breath is awesome, I try not to spam it though, cos I get annoyed at spammers myself.

Is anyone else a bit annoyed about Bowsers FSmash, you can pull it off but if your opponent is too close it overshoots them and you miss leaving you a sitting duck. It should just kill everything that goes near it, and the the BDown is beaten by almost every other move in the game. They are the only two really annoying things about Bowser.

Over than that he is by far the most fun character to play with in Brawl.

Jeremy Smith

Smash Apprentice
your had some nice matches for what i watched, but i noticed u sui or at least go for someone over the edge when u shouldnt and get screwed as a result(like in the link match).

also that Dk seemed horrible.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
bowser is a good character if you can accept the fact that he's freakin slow as a turtle out of the water and look at him he is.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Your Bowser gotten ****loads better. ****loads. Trust me, you really sucked way back when lol.

Thigns I see wrong now are no grab releases; those are huge to Bowser. Don't down B in the air so much, unless they are too. Try Koopahopping more into some mindgaemz aerials. Firebreath is okay but everytime you used it you got punished.

Oh, when you up B, try to DI away from your opponent, I saw some up B's where you just stayed in one place; that isn't generally safe.

More tilts, (though you use a lot more now, which is good) and try to look andstudy some videos we have in the video compilation thread. You can learn a thing or two by everyone in there.

That's really about it.. Also, really really nice improvement.

One last thing, play better people. Like people around here for instance; the'yre really good.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
that lucario sucks.infinite jump with side b much more.rather then stupidly usin it all the time on the ground or one from air.b reversal the fire breath.up b much more

calv

Smash Cadet
All of them matches are over wifi too, I am actually better when there's no lag involved, the lag tends to miss a lot of inputs, but I won't use that as an excuse.

I tend to fsmash online when im trying to ftilt, I guess im just too heavy handed.

Thanks for tips, oh and I do study all Bowser videos :p

I better get some of your guys friend codes then. Although im from UK so most people on here probably won't be awake whilst i'm online.

calv

Smash Cadet
I'll add your code next time I go online, should be sometime this week. Add me too. Last time I played an aussie it lagged horribly, but you never know. I take it you main Bowser? Who else do you play as? Im not that great with any other characters, but I have fun with Link, DK and Sheik.

calv

Smash Cadet
I've added a few more, playing marth, I won 3 out of 5 and had a few silly suicides, but i'll blame lag for those.

Bowser vs Marth 1
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s5zDbvv0ENQ&feature=channel_page

Bowser vs Marth 2
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1_jEMiRCEhI&feature=channel

Bowser vs Marth 3
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqqembfi4KU&feature=channel

Bowser vs Marth 4
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iyek-0CdfnM&feature=channel

Bowser vs Marth 5
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yR3TQb09Eaw&feature=channel

Top Bottom