• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Jr. Thread (Shadow Mario idea included!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
Okay, I need to see some reasons as to why you people seem to hate Bowser Jr. so, BESIDES the fact that he replaced the Koopalings, or his brush wouldn't work (it totally could), or there are more deserving characters (he's an effective and somewhat prominent villain in the Mario universe).

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I think that Bowser Jr. is a bad idea because Mario, as a franchise, is already over-represented. I mean in Melee, we have Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Dr. Mario, and to a lesser extent, Yoshi. That's 6 out of 25. More than 1/5 of the total amount of characters are from the same franchise. I know that this has nothing to do with Brawl, but most of those characters are most likely going to return. And with two more Mario characters being highly requested (Geno and Toad), that would be around 7 Mario characters (assuming Dr. Mario is removed) If we just start throwing in every mildly popular Mario character, like Bowser Jr., the game will eventually stop being Super Smash Bros, and turn into "Super Mario Fighters: guest starring a few other Nintendo characters". We don't need Bowser Jr. There's already more than plenty rep for Mario in Smash.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I think that Bowser Jr. is a bad idea because Mario, as a franchise, is already over-represented. I mean in Melee, we have Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Dr. Mario, and to a lesser extent, Yoshi. That's 6 out of 25. More than 1/5 of the total amount of characters are from the same franchise. I know that this has nothing to do with Brawl, but most of those characters are most likely going to return. And with two more Mario characters being highly requested (Geno and Toad), that would be around 7 Mario characters (assuming Dr. Mario is removed) If we just start throwing in every mildly popular Mario character, like Bowser Jr., the game will eventually stop being Super Smash Bros, and turn into "Super Mario Fighters: guest starring a few other Nintendo characters". We don't need Bowser Jr. There's already more than plenty rep for Mario in Smash.
Negative Nancy Thread said:
Nintendo is a company, and like any other company, they like money. Like it or not, Mario sells. He has for years. You could moan all you like and resist any more characters from the popular franchises, but the game, most likely, will always have a good chunk of Mario characters in the SSB series. Think of it as Nintendo saying "Thank you" to Mario for all his years of service. Besides that, just because the cast is rounded out with Wario, Toad, and Daisy doesn't mean that your favorite franchise won't get another character.
I agree with dotdotdot!. Like it or not, the Mario series WILL have probably the most characters and do remember that there will be about 40 characters. Having a few more Mario character doesn't mean they are "taking over".

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I agree with dotdotdot!. Like it or not, the Mario series WILL have probably the most characters and do remember that there will be about 40 characters. Having a few more Mario character doesn't mean they are "taking over".
Oh, I know full well that Mario will have the majority once again. I even mentioned it in that post of mine, how I'm assuming around 7 characters. But what I'm talking about is overloading the game with every single character that's ever been remotely popular. We don't need to throw in characters like Petey Pirhana, Waluigi, Shyguy, Koopa Troopa, Goomba, Spiny, Bowser Jr., etc. just to 'say thanks' to Mario. He can have the most characters, but that doesn't mean we need every Mario character.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I mean in Melee, we have Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Dr. Mario, and to a lesser extent, Yoshi. That's 6 out of 25. More than 1/5 of the total amount of characters are from the same franchise. And with two more Mario characters being highly requested (Geno and Toad), that would be around 7 Mario characters (assuming Dr. Mario is removed).
If you notice when Yoshi Wins he gets his logo from yoshi stroy and island. So technically he is not part of the mario group in the smash Series. Not to mention he is getting his own games now like yoshi island 2 for the DS.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
We don't need to throw in characters like Petey Pirhana, Waluigi, Shyguy, Koopa Troopa, Goomba, Spiny, Bowser Jr., etc. just to 'say thanks' to Mario.
You're assuming we want all of those people, when we're only talking about Bowser Jr. You're also assuming we support minions (Koopa Troopa's been around and playable for a while, so he doesn't necessarily count). The only other Mario character I truly support (now anyway, I used to want way more) is already a confirmed character...

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong. I understand that not everyone wants those characters. I'm just saying that there are people who want them in, and it's unnessecary. I know that Mario is a huge franchise, but this game isn't just a Mario game. It's a Nintendo game. Mario can have the most characters, but he doesn't own Smash Bros. Also, Wario isn't appearing as a Mario character (if that's who you're talking about). This time he's appearing as his own character.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
**** right Wario's his own character.

Anyway, the main reason why I don't think Bowser Jr. should be in Brawl is (other than the fact I hate him, but I'll try and stay unbiased for this post,) is that he's too recent in the series and isn't overally memorable. There's Toad who everybody's going to remember, it's been stated in both the games and cartoons several times, even recently that there is a main 'Toad' and he's iconic. And there's Geno, who represents the RPG side of Mario and he's a massive cult character, and if the polls anything to go by, Sakurai at the very least knows how much people want him in. Even if I liked Bowser Jr., I still feel he doesn't have a chance going up against those two Mario characters.

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
**** right Wario's his own character.

Anyway, the main reason why I don't think Bowser Jr. should be in Brawl is (other than the fact I hate him, but I'll try and stay unbiased for this post,) is that he's too recent in the series and isn't overally memorable.
Finally. A good reason.

And I was using The Basement Dweller's technicality for what I said about Wario.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I know there r haters for bowser jr but i did a banner for him and shadow mario anyway:

If u use it give rep lol, soon to come a sig with both sayin bowser jr/shadow mario fo brawl...

Eyelidman

Smash Rookie
There were 6 Mario characters in melee, and their should be 3 more in brawl (Wario, Toad, Geno, Bowser Jr, and - Dr. Mario)
+3 is only 1 more extra Mario character added compared to the amount of Mario characters added in Melee (2).

Bowser Jr. Would have an interesting moveset also.

^b
Creates a portal with his paintbrush, jumps in it, and reappears above. Slow, but gives alot of extra height.

vb
Spreads paint on nearby ground, doing minor damage to anything that touches it and causing the ground there to be slipery.

b
Whips a glob of paint out of his paintbrush which moves in a similar way to links fully charged arrow.

b>
Does a few spins while holding his paintbrush outwards sending small bits of paint out in both directions. Similar to IC's >b

I don't think Bowser Jr. should be able to transform, as that would take away the uniqueness of sheik/zelda.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
There were 6 Mario characters in melee, and their should be 3 more in brawl (Wario, Toad, Geno, Bowser Jr, and - Dr. Mario)
+3 is only 1 more extra Mario character added compared to the amount of Mario characters added in Melee (2).
There weren't 6 Mario characters in Melee there were 5 Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser and Dr Mario. Wario isn't a Mario character.

Toad and Geno should be the only Mario characters added. Toad because he has been a mario series staple for 20 years appearing in every mario game except Super Mario World 1&2 and Super Mario Land 1&2. Geno as stated previously represents the RPG side (although if he is not available then Paper Mario, Kooper or Fawful would suffice) and is a cult classic.

Stryks

Smash Hero
uhu... anyway... I still want bowser jr in brawl, the guy has the transformation thing like zelda and sheik, but toug hmaybe sheik wont come back due to the new zelda game and if zelda transforms into another characters he/she would probably replaced sheik... bowser jr/shadow mario FTW!

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I dun know about Bowser Jr.

It would be fun to have him but at the same time there's already alot of Mario characters in SSB.

But then again the Mario series is the backbone of Nintendo...

I can't decide.

ganonfox

Smash Rookie
the idea of bowser jr would be cool.they should really do that.but idk if the shiek/zelda thing woud.i could see how it would work but could shadow mario stand on its own if they werent like shiek/zelda.but regardless, bowser jr is awesome idea

T-major

Smash Champion
Bowser jr. is the best choice for a Mario addition! (#3 on my top 5 list) Toad is too gimicky (if they do put one in, use Toadsworth), and has little to no move potentail (at least no good move potentail), and Geno is technicaly a SquareEnix character, seeing as they own the rights to him now. which would take up a third party slot. and lets face it, with third paty characters like Megaman and Simon Belmont, Geno can burn in hell for all I care (or burn in... where ever it is dolls go... satans toy box..). but I do agree that shadow Mario shouldn't be a transfomation for him.

Bowser jr. would definatly have an original move set useing the paint brush. heck, he could probably be original even without it. people have already givin' perfectly good move sets for him already, so I'm not going to bother with one unless absolutly nessesary.

for the people who dont want him in. give an acual reason why he shouldnt be added. all you seem to be saying is "omg! he replaced the koopalings!" well guess what, the koopalings were in Mario&Luigi: superstar saga. which isnt that old I might add. the koopalings were added ONLY for extra bosses. which is as gimmiky as it gets. and the fact that there are too many Mario characters already... what did you expect!? it friggin' MARIO! of course theres going to be a lot of characters from the most well known and best selling video game franchise of all time. there arn;t even that many Mario characters that deserve to be in anyways. the amount of characters in Brawl from the Mario frachise, would be no more then Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser jr, and (maybe) Toadsworth. which is only 1 more additon then melee (with the removel of Dr. Mario) one character addition is nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how you guys can place Geno over Bowser Jr. Geno has only been in one game, whereas Bowser Jr. has been in multiple games. Geno is pretty much SquareEnix property. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be in brawl. I'm a big fan of Geno, who was always in my party in Mario RPG. I just don't think it's fair to give Geno priority over Bowser Jr.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
*bump*
Where is everybody? I finally find a thread about Bowser Jr. and everybody stops posting in it. This sucks.
Oh well...Bowser Jr. FTW!!!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Bowser Jr. huh...not a bad idea at all if I do say so myself. If he's arcrobatic like he is in Super Mario Sunshine, then I'm all for it!

CHUK

Smash Ace
I thought of the same sheik/zelda thing for these 2 a while ago too. I think it is a GREAT idea.

Nekorion

Smash Apprentice
While I do think bowser jr has a shot, the transformation to shadow mario, isnt as likely.

If Bowser jr does make it in, his moves are going to be a sloopy mess, thats for sure. Curse that paint brush hes always using.

I do have to say I figured hed use the brush as more of an all purpose weapon, not just the B button moves. Having that tiny frame would make it difficult to use anything else, so I can just seem him swinging that brush around chaotically.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Yea same I see him as a small floaty character with long range with that brush, I will paly with him (hopefully samus floaty maybe jsut a bit more weigh but only a bit)

Fant

Smash Rookie
Bowser JR would be awesome... maybe they could make his attacks interactive so that every time he hits them with the paint brush they get some paint on them of the colour he uses (obviously wouldn't change the gameplay, but it would be pretty cool :laugh:)

I like this idea a lot, but keep him as a solo character... no shadow mario please :)

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Yeah Bowser jr. would be awsome, but I still want to see the koopalings. :ohwell:
O well they can just wait till the next smash game, or the one after that...well eventualy.

Anyways I don't really like the transformation idea.
And I really hope Bowser jr. gets in over waluigi, gezz I would be mad if they put waluigi in over bowser jr.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
welll i say put shadow mario in so we can get a unique moveset( if boswer jrs in their it could be a possible clone although i doubt nintendo will allow clones this time around) if shadow amrio is in their then technically bowser jr is in their...also i doubt he woudl transform...we already have sheik adn zerosuit ...and to add another transformtion.....thast spamming

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'm hoping to be a bowser main with a bowser jr backup.

i hope he uses that brush for his attacks, i dont know about shadow mario... he'd probably be the sheik version of bowser jr and nobody would actually use bowser jr that way T-T

BOWSER/BOWSER JR FTW!

ps if one more person calls bowser jr baby bowser i'm going to explode

baby bowser is bowser when he was a baby, bowser jr is the son of bowser. what happened to the koopa kids you ask? the world may never know.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
u didnt hear? they were taking away by dfax when they found out boswer was putting his kids on tilting platforms above fire and such and having them fight the plumbers in super mario world. he had bowser jr shortly after after ****** peach in the events of super mario 64

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Pros and cons for Bowser Jr.

Pros

*Has the most personality and character depth out of all of Bowser's children

*Could potentially differ enough from Bowser using a Shadow transformation or a paintbrush

*Is becoming a staple in latest Mario games from Sunshine to the new handheld games and even including Mario sport titles

Cons

*Least "flavorful" look out of Bowser's children (and yes sons do usually look like their father, but in the virtual world this could of been spiced up a little)

*Takes away from Bowser's uniqueness, potential for him to be semi-similar to Bowser

*Despite being more integrated into latest games, he doesn't seem to have a large fanbase

Is Bowser Jr. popular? Is he renown?

He is definately getting to be popular. I still wouldn't say he is the most popular Mario character left out of the series. That title goes to Toad. But I would say he is bigger then Daisy and Wario who still are usually on the sidelines. People will recognize Bowser Jr. in either case (although he is often confused with Baby Bowser).

Is Bowser Jr. flavorful enough? Can he have a unique moveset?

This is a tough question. He CAN have a unique moveset by giving him the paintbrush or even a transformation. But Shadow Mario is not a flavorful transformation. He looks like Mario, but with fluid lighting effects. And while a paintbrush can be somewhat interesting as a fighting tool (especially with paint effects remained on stage and characters like someone suggested) Bowser Jr's common body with Bowser may bud some similar attacks. And what Brawl doesn't need is a smaller, faster, lighter, weaker Bowser. That takes away from Bowser's flavor. So while Bowser Jr. does have flavor, I would argue that someone like Toad has more flavor.

Is Bowser Jr. feasible?

Bowser works, although his stats need tweaking. So if Bowser Jr. had the same moveset he would be. But even with a different moveset, it should work. The thing is it might be stale. It depends on the direction that is taken with him.

In short I wouldn't want Bowser Jr. I don't think the pros are great enough to even negate the negatives, much less over ride them. And I personally would want Toad in over him if hypothetically there was one Mario character slot left to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom