• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser in Tournaments / Bowser Matchup Help

bigmo131313

Smash Rookie
I was wondering whether or not Bowser players have been very successful in tournaments? He doesn't seem to be played all that often, so does that give Bowsers an advantage (other players don't encounter Bowser very often).

Also, on a different note, how do you guys usually go about handling a toon link and Marth? I'm gettin pretty comfortable with most of the other characters (the ones I run into at least).

Thanks

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Bowser isn't an often picked character, so its hard to tell how well a good Bowser can do in tournaments. When more tournaments happen in my area, I'll let you know.

Toon Link and Marth are fast and tough, but its not anything to be afraid of. There's no real strategy to share. Just play smart and attack when the time is right. Don't let them take control and, if Toon Link is a camper, learn to fight campers.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Japanese tourney-goers seemed to be using him quite a bit a while back, no videos have been posted though =(

Popertop

Smash Champion
flame breath stops marth's running approach, and fair can stop his aerial approach, you need to space it spot on though.

flame breath cancels both of TL's projectiles, doesn't go high enough to stop bombs though.
you can stop his projectile spam and then tilt him to a good percentage.
and if he tries to dair you can spot dodge and punish with Flying Slam or some good ol' Fsmash.
remember you have more range than he does.

Top Bottom