• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser gets stuck to Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

EclipseWebJS

Smash Journeyman
Don't know which character to insert this into, but...

There was this embarrassing glitch that resulted in Bowser getting affixed to Mewtwo. Did anyone know about this?

[ Video here ]

So anyway, I myself haven't reproduced it, despite the fact I have Mewtwo and Battlefield unlocked for this thing to happen...

Also, I don't see how you can move Bowser without anyone else but you playing with the game.

Maybe it's a version 1.0 kind of deal.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
I don't recall if it's a version specific bug, but this is what's known as Mewtwo's "Soul Stunner." If the video didn't make things clear, you reflect the Red shell with Forward-B 5 times and then have another character get caught in a 6th Forward-B while at the same time reflecting the shell once more. This causes the Forward-B to "shatter" and leave the character stuck to Mewtwo as shown.

Even though it was in training mode, the Bowser was almost certainly controlled by another person. You can choose the training CPU to be controlled by a human, so I'd try it when you have someone else around who can move the other character into the 6th Confusion attack.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
It works on any version, with any character. The following expands on some aspects related to the glitch:

Video

You'll notice that mario, when grabbed by Mewtwo when glitched, freezes. The kirby thing was just weird, and was new to me - I hope you enjoy it as well.

EclipseWebJS

Smash Journeyman
So that means different characters will have different side-effects later on?

Now why wasn't this fixed?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
It never needed to be fixed, people don't use items in tourneys anyways. And even if they did, it's not something that you can just pull off withou tbeing punished.

Techman

Smash Cadet
its called Soul Breaker and is easy to do once u do it a few times...u can find vids under searching soul breaker on google video or youtube.

EclipseWebJS

Smash Journeyman
[ Frozen Egg Glitch ]
Using the Soul Breaker and freezing Mario, you can have Yoshi swallow him and turn him into an egg that you can pound on forever!

Same as the Kirby glitch except Yoshi doesn't freeze when you do this.

[ Freeze Opponent Glitch ]
This video shows Mario stuck in the air after doing the glitch with Mewtwo and Bowser. It even shows how to unstick Bowser and Mewtwo without killing yourself.

BlueScope

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry for necro-reviving this, but there are still people out there that didn't got this working by now...

My problem is that I don't get what exactly the red shell has to hit; bowser, mewtwo, the 'Forward-B star'-hitbox, ... I try to forard-b bowser the 6th time at the exact same time as the shell impacts on him, I wonder if that's what's supposed to happen... well, I just can't get this done, I hope you guys can tell me what I'm doing wrong...
(I also saw vids in which Bowser fell down in the last second... is this what you have to do necessarily?)

Also, I'm using the PAL version, and though it was stated above that it works with all versions, I'd rather hear a 'works with all versions including the incredible stupidly cut PAL version' ^^ Thx in advance...

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it working in a very strange way... (the shell hit me [shield break sound], i didn't got stunned, both me and bowser were thrown up the platform, i pushed down to make them fall through, then forward+b'd again, then bowser got stuck... weird, but working O_o )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom