• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser Bomb Cancel

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I seem to discovered some way to cancel it. I Didn't delve into it but it happened once so imma show ppl.

Here ya go.

Bowser Bomb Cancel

See if anyone can duplicate this. Thanks

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
I tested it with Bowser (B-Stick) and Snake in training mode, and from what I have seen, the Dspecial is cancelled by ledges that can't be grabbed. To do this, you land the Dspecial so that it hits at the end of the space where Bowser can stand without wobbling on that ledge, and a character shields the attack (doesn't have to be a power shield). I replicated this on all neutral stages and some banned ones, with the exception of Smashville (it's hard to do it by yourself on the moving platform). Very situational, but it does good shield damage with low risk of punishment afterward.

Flayl

Smash Hero
So it has to be shielded? Well I guess the flashier Bowser players could pull it off... Sounds too risky for me though

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
I didn't test it with invincibility or super armor, but invincibility should only happen in items or you're being hit with a hit box and if you're hitting super armor, it is or will be a hit box.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Very interesting. It's a shame that it's so situational though.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Yo i figured out how to do it even though others here did as well lol. it INSTANTLY breaks their shield. I tried it today to test out. Each time i landed it. INSTANT BREAK!

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
Are you referring to the Bowser Bomb Ledge Cancel or is this something else?

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****...O_o If we can find a way to do this without ledges, it would make Bowser much better without having that landing lag from missing a Bowser Bomb.

Teh Future

Smash Master
WAT? where's the video? NO BUENO now Im interested...

Edit: lol it works now... That is AWESOME. So basically you just have to position yourself right at the edge of a ledge? If thats it then Bowser on battlefield just got 100% aaamazinger.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Seems very strange, and rare-occuring, reminds me of the Pit arrow sticking thing.
If you ask me, It's probably one of those things that happen in Brawl rarely, like that "fall through that one Rainbow cruise place" glitch.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Okay here is what happened I think happened.. You landed there but because Falco power shielded, He remained in the same place and that caused you to be pushed off, because there wasn't enough room.

This is good stuff.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Okay here is what happened I think happened.. You landed there but because Falco power shielded, He remained in the same place and that caused you to be pushed off, because there wasn't enough room.

This is good stuff.
Thats partly true. When i was at the weekly, i was testing it out and i was able to replicate it over and over. Each time it canceled, the person blocking got his shield broken.

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
What character was the person using? Also, were they just hold block throughout the duration of the Bowser Bomb, or just to shield the actual hits? When I was testing, I didn't break Snake's shield once.

Teh Future

Smash Master
so basically it happens when someone is below you on a platform or edge and you have to land right inbetween them and the edge for it to cancel?

mmf

Smash Rookie
Now the question arrises, why does DK's shield break and not other characters like Snake? Is it the shape of the character, or how the shield covers so and so's body? This could be kinda interesting to find out.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
DKs shield is AZZ!!! Marths shield breaker from what i remember from full shield just killed it.

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
Too bad. Otherwise that move would definitely move bowser up in the tiers. Being such a strong attack with no lag.

Sliq

Smash Master
I'll look into this and try to setup some sort of video guide.

Top Bottom