• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bowser advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raioneru

Smash Rookie
i read the guides and i think i got a very good insight on how to use bowser, but i feel like there is some advice i need that isn't in any of these guides. anyone know? like fastfalling and crap? i never seem to know when to fastfall.

Edit: or to put it more bluntly. i always forget to use fastfall or what moves i should fastfall.

Shök

Smash Champion
ahh i suppose so, but i always seem to fight average players at best, so i don't think my experience is really increasing ya know?
Try attending more tournaments or events of that sort.

Raioneru

Smash Rookie
well you wanna know whats funny? i found out there was a tournament here today, but didn't know until 1 hour ago.

i hate wifi so much, cause of the button delay, but its the only time i can play people unless i visit indiana university or go to terra haute, which is once a month or so.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
well you wanna know whats funny? i found out there was a tournament here today, but didn't know until 1 hour ago.
That's called irony. Or "s*** happens". It happens all the time. Just regularly check the subforum of your region and try to attend events/tournaments.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
Get a friend who's into the game and play a lot? It's hard to tell someone how to get better, but that's basically what you do.

Attend tourneys when you can, and smashfests regularly to adapt to different chars/playstyles

GreenFox

Smash Ace
i read the guides and i think i got a very good insight on how to use bowser, but i feel like there is some advice i need that isn't in any of these guides. anyone know? like fastfalling and crap? i never seem to know when to fastfall.

Edit: or to put it more bluntly. i always forget to use fastfall or what moves i should fastfall.

Bowser doesn't have the best air game so for the most part stay grounded
If you cant find anybody to play with except the people you are playing now and cant attend tournaments I'd suggest getting a capture card and post a video of you facing somebody and post it in the critique thread so we can see what your doing wrong and what you need to improve on because right now you don't leave anything for us to work with.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Best way to improve is to lose. By playing people better then yourself, you should naturally become better. Even if you don't notice it yourself. ^^

Of course, this becomes much easier if you know exactly what you're doing right or wrong. If you can somehow manage to get recordings of yourself playing, we can give you specific advice. Otherwise, we can only throw general tips and words of wisdom at you. :(

Raioneru

Smash Rookie
ok so i don't have a web camera or any of that other crap so i figure i can record wifi matches uses the z button? but it can only be 3 minutes which means i would have to rush alot.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
ok so i don't have a web camera or any of that other crap so i figure i can record wifi matches uses the z button? but it can only be 3 minutes which means i would have to rush alot.
Yeah, if you were looking into softmodding you wii before, now would be the time so you can record full length. Other than that, convince your friend(s) to do 2 stock matches with you to meet the recording time.

Don't rush the match, just play how you normally play.

Also wifi matches are different than real matches due to lag. Probably best to get a vid of you in a game offline :D

Flayl

Smash Hero
If somebody finds a decent place that allows you to upload small files without great hassle, I'd be happy to make a youtube account just for bowser replays. Doing the double friend code is a mess and unviable since I already have 62 people on my FC list out of 64 =/

Raioneru

Smash Rookie
Yeah, if you were looking into softmodding you wii before, now would be the time so you can record full length. Other than that, convince your friend(s) to do 2 stock matches with you to meet the recording time.

Don't rush the match, just play how you normally play.

Also wifi matches are different than real matches due to lag. Probably best to get a vid of you in a game offline :D

softmodding my wii?

and yes i've noticed but i only play offline matches with friends every other week.

ill do a wifi match first and make another one when my friend comes over.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
softmodding my wii?

and yes i've noticed but i only play offline matches with friends every other week.

ill do a wifi match first and make another one when my friend comes over.
softmodding/homebrewing/etc. It means making your SD card be able to get data from your computer so you can alter the game. You'd want to get replay hacks if you can't afford a capture card.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
This thread has served its purpose so to avoid people bumping it again, I'm closing it. Either way though, further questions like this should be fine for the Q&A thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom