• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bottom Of The Tier List

How did it effect you?

• Total voters

LeKevin

Smash Rookie
Zelda has been bottom tier list through out the games (excluding project M), but that kind of makes it more fun sometimes. It's a cool feeling when people think they're gonna take you out quick and then you beat them. Did this fact of Zelda being so low ever affect Zelda being your main, whether it was wanting to main her or deciding to move her down on your main list?

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
I never played Zelda in other Smash titles so I never cared about her place among the tier lists. When I picked up Zelda it was on a whim. I played her and she has a play style I like so I continue to play her.

Keizzz

Smash Rookie
Same as @ CommanderPepper CommanderPepper for me, never played her before, so I first stated to play her cause I thought she was pretty, and was excited to see what she could do now that she's been separated from sheik. Then I just gradually started finding her really fun to play as.

Last edited:

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
I've always mained Zelda since Melee. Sm4sh didn't really have an effect on me... I still main her and always will. Personally, I think she could be a bit higher on the tier list now because of the Phantom. It's a pretty useful edge-guarding tool.

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
To be honest, I never played much Zelda in previous smash games, but in smash 4, she feels very fluid. Getting the fair or bair sweetspot is so satisfying.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
She feels pretty good but I hate that they nerved her c-stick moves(?) and the delay after Nayru's love is so freaking annoying! The phantom is also annoying because you have to time it or else it moves through your target. I'd really like to see an update that addresses at least the issue with the phantom because you can rarely use it w/o it becoming a liability.

Sometimes it becomes so obvious that she is low tier, so frustrating.

Last edited:

CholoDolo

Smash Rookie
Going from Project M to Sm4sh was a terrible transition. I'm so used to all the options Zelda has in PM (Din's Fire mines, high-priority/range Nayru's Love, easier sweetspots, great aerials) that she's very frustrating to play this time around. I just can't seem to get the hang of her, or stand a chance in any match. Maybe I need more time to play her, but I'm disliking her more and more.

It's a shame, Zelda has been my main since Melee. But I just can't get into using her this time.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Project M Zelda spoiled me gratuitously. I had a feeling Sm4sh Zelda wouldn't be up to par with what the crew of PM put together, so I took a six-month break from PM altogether in preparation for a fresh dynamic.

Overall, she's grown on me greatly. I went from loving her (ah, I remember the hype we Zelda mains had briefly during E3) to being disgusted with her, to once again loving her. She's actually the reason I've picked up Palutena; the foundation for the two are quite similar.

LeKevin

Smash Rookie
She feels pretty good but I hate that they nerved her c-stick moves(?) and the delay after Nayru's love is so freaking annoying! The phantom is also annoying because you have to time it or else it moves through your target. I'd really like to see an update that addresses at least the issue with the phantom because you can rarely use it w/o it becoming a liability.

Sometimes it becomes so obvious that she is low tier, so frustrating.
c-stick moves as in smash moves? Or c-stick moves as in using the c-stick instead of control stick and "A"? Because I've never actually used the c-stick at all, mostly because I freak out when I move my button fingers out of their position, haha.

VinceIrons

Smash Rookie
I just stumbled into maining Zelda. Was planning on maining WFT, ROB, or Dr. Mario, decided to shake things up and give Zelda a spin, and her playstyle just clicked with me. Zelda feels very methodical and calculating, but has tons of great tricks up her sleeves. Plus getting that off-stage Din's KO is so, so sweet.

Skellyton

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3394-3585-8917
I picked up zelda a few days ago cause she seemed pretty cool, and i love using her, but i have so much trouble winning with her cause i can never land the sweetspots.

Last edited:

Nargacuga

Smash Rookie
NNID
WiseHorror
3DS FC
4811-7984-6827
I've always loved Zelda, I usually main her every smash, except melee, which she was my secondary. This was mainly due to my brother maining Falco and that gave me a hard time, until I started playing as Luigi.

Anyway I don't really mind Zelda being low tier, I like the way she plays, even though I'm not a pro player by any means, I do sometimes kick butt in For Glory 1v1 :)

Last edited:

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Zelda's always one of my secondaries, I'm just happy that my time riding the bottom tier train paid off with her (and Ganondorf). She's my go to girl with projectile heavy characters... and Rosalina.

Zeldaisthegirl

Smash Journeyman
c-stick moves as in smash moves? Or c-stick moves as in using the c-stick instead of control stick and "A"? Because I've never actually used the c-stick at all, mostly because I freak out when I move my button fingers out of their position, haha.
I don't use the C-Stick either, lol. But it's the moves that are activated by the c-stick (on the gamecube controller) I guess it would be her tilts? But yea they nerfed them hard. :'(

Last edited:

LeKevin

Smash Rookie
Anyone who is going to play the game comptetiviely is going to read and take note of the tier list.
I usually use it to help assume the full potential of a character, but do they actually use it to determine their character?

Last edited:

CommanderPepper

Smash Cadet
NNID
CommanderPepper
3DS FC
5455-9558-8826
I usually use it to help assume the full potential of a character, but do they actually use it to determine their character?
If a new player enters a game 1 year after launch then I would tell that player to look at the tier lists. In the words of Sanford Kelly "Pick a top tier."

Master Morrison

Smash Cadet
I for one loved Zelda back in melee but never played it competitively
But I loved getting sour spots into sweet spots with her bair
But they added a lot of lag to her fair and bair
But sadly I now just use her for fun
But she is pretty good this time around especially now that teleport is a potential kill move

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I actually didn't start maining Zelda until late in Brawl's lifetime. I mained Samus in melee and Ike in Brawl for a time then realized that I needed projectiles to do anything against better players (I'm not a good spacing person but liked Ike's kill potential). I had played Zelda for fun sometimes when I was bored and decided to pick her up and I've never left her since. I like played low tier characters especially since a lot of people don't have experience facing them so I can have the element of surprise on my side for a bit.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I've always mained Zelda since Melee but have better success with a different character in every Smash besides PM.
In Melee I had better success with Sheik.
In Brawl, Olimar.
In Smash 4, Rosalina.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I took her up in Brawl because I love the feeling of landing lightning kicks. Specially the meteor. I sticked to her for a long time and then when I came to Smashboards I started learning of all of her flaws more "technically" and it was really saddening :'D. But as someone else pointed out before, it's cool that most people don't know the match up and you can really surprise them.

Another thing I like about her is sort of being the underdog. A lot of battles are definitely uphill struggles, and they can get really annoying at times (specially in Brawl), but thinking your way around campy or combo-heavy opponents is super rewarding once you take the match.

Top Bottom