• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bottom 5 picks for Brawl

NightmareOnAnyStreet

Smash Apprentice
I recently made a thread supporting the top 5 picks for SSBB. I thought that since that was still going strong I should make one for the bottom of thr bottom, the low of the low. The people that nobody wants in Brawl.

My bottom 5

1. Sonic The Hedgehog (i don't want him in so please don't get mad at me)
2. Ice Climbers
3. Tingle
4. Happy Mask Salesman
5.Mr. game and Watch

feel free to debate me and post your own bottom 5.

Genesis Zero

Smash Rookie
1) Capt Olimar
2) Waluigi
3) Krystal
4) a replacement for Ness (such as Lucas) I really dont mind him being a newcomer tho
5) And honestly, the Wario they announced. I love Wario, but hes moves set (farting? come on!) is SO lame.

El HP

Smash Ace
1-Square characters Geno included
2-Sonic
3-Pokemon characters
4-Ice climbers
5-Zant

I will have to disagree with you about G&W he is deserving to appear he is an iconic figure of history of gaming.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
1- Diddy and Dixie as a team
2- Pichu
3- Young Link
4- WW Link
5- Strawberry Shortcake

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
1) Capt Olimar
2) Waluigi
3) Krystal
4) a replacement for Ness (such as Lucas) I really dont mind him being a newcomer tho
5) And honestly, the Wario they announced. I love Wario, but hes moves set (farting? come on!) is SO lame.
You will die for putting HMS on that list NOAS.

mine are

1. Tingle
2. Andross
3. Olimar
4. Pichu
5. Kalas
You guys are AGAINST putting Captain Olimar in Brawl? Wow, I didn't think it was possible to hate fun.

My bottom 5:

1)Sheik
2)Shiek
3)Shiek
4)Shiek
5)Sheik

Runner up: Shiek

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Number five: Waluigi.

Sure, I like Waluigi as a filler character is sports and party games, but he IS a filler character just made by Camelot for Wario's partner in Mario Tennis. Sure, he could be in a Smash bros game, but just not this one. He hasn't had his time to shine and be unique yet.

Number Four: Tiny Kong

Think Dixie Kong, now think filler. Now think rip-off. Now think only been in two games while Dixie Kong is still appearing in games.

Number Three: Happy Mask Salesman

Sure, let's put in this guy. Many people say he pkays an important role in Majora's Mask. If he was so important, why did he friggin virtually dissapear from the plot after you transformed from a Deku back to Young Link? His masks were important, but not him. I'm all for him appearing in a Clock Town stage, where you break his bag masks fall out.

Number Two: Any Third Party Character that has never appeared on a Nintendo console

This one is self-explanatory, IMHO

Number One: Pokemon who have not played a major role in the GAMES!

How does a pokemon play a "major role" in a pokemon game. I mean, Pokemon are only given personalities and roles in the T.V. show, so we should base them on that (BLAZE FTW!), right? Wrong on the T.V. show, and definitly wrong on Blaze FTW. Play Pokemon Rangers and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and tell me which pokemon have vital roles, and which ones are measly roles.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
These are in no particular order.

5. Waluigi

He is a funny looking guy, sure. I am glad he was created, why not. But there is no need for all 4 hats (Mario, Luigi, Waluigi, and Wario) especially one who has little history. It would be too much like the Power Rangers.

4. Wolf

I do not want a game crammed with simple rivals that have 1.) a darker color and are 2.) nearly the same person except for their sinister personality.

3. Dark Samus

There are going to be limited slots in the game. Even with all the time and developers, Sakurai wants to avoid clones, add a robust adventure mode, balance the characters, and install Internet capability. Besides that if new techniques are added like crawling and perhaps crawling attacks each character will take additional time to be created. Plus Sakurai said he was starting from scratch will all characters.

So there is no need to waste these slots by throwing in an enemy who looks like the hero when there is already an original, great Metroid villain in Ridley.

2. Meowth

Meowth would be boring. All the posted movesets give him a slash this way and a slash this way. And every once in awhile he will throw out a coin.

1. More then one Fire Emblem fighter

I think there are enough characters with weapons. Besides I think it would be cooler if Marth battles Link or Metaknight (sword characters) then if he took on another Lord. I think FE is one of those series that only needs one representation.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Number five: Waluigi.

Sure, I like Waluigi as a filler character is sports and party games, but he IS a filler character just made by Camelot for Wario's partner in Mario Tennis. Sure, he could be in a Smash bros game, but just not this one. He hasn't had his time to shine and be unique yet.

Number Four: Tiny Kong

Think Dixie Kong, now think filler. Now think rip-off. Now think only been in two games while Dixie Kong is still appearing in games.

Number Three: Happy Mask Salesman

Sure, let's put in this guy. Many people say he pkays an important role in Majora's Mask. If he was so important, why did he friggin virtually dissapear from the plot after you transformed from a Deku back to Young Link? His masks were important, but not him. I'm all for him appearing in a Clock Town stage, where you break his bag masks fall out.

Number Two: Any Third Party Character that has never appeared on a Nintendo console

This one is self-explanatory, IMHO

Number One: Pokemon who have not played a major role in the GAMES!

How does a pokemon play a "major role" in a pokemon game. I mean, Pokemon are only given personalities and roles in the T.V. show, so we should base them on that (BLAZE FTW!), right? Wrong on the T.V. show, and definitly wrong on Blaze FTW. Play Pokemon Rangers and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and tell me which pokemon have vital roles, and which ones are measly roles.
If he didn't lose the mask there would have been no game. I'd say that makes him an important character.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If he didn't lose the mask there would have been no game. I'd say that makes him an important character.
So if anything, he was put in there so the writers didn't need to have specific stories for all the masks instead of some. Sounds like filler to me.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
my bottom 5? lesse here...

5.Crash bandicoot( his games are fun, But I just think there are much more deserving 3rd party characters out there.)
4.Geno as a third party character. (with square's big-arse history, they're just going to use yet another mario character to rep square? I dont think so.)
3.Tingle (need I say anything?)
2.Dr. mario returning.(we dont need you taking up our space, even though you would make a good alt costume.)
1.megaman X/zero/volnutt/Exe. (just good ol' classic megaman is good.)

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Dude, some of you have terrible ideas, some of those I think would make awesome chars, the ones I disagree with strongly...

Sonic, first and formost he is a huge iconic char, him and Mario had huge rivalries in the past and their is the age old agument of who is better, Mario or Sonic, in my opinion he deserves to be in more then all other 3rd party chars and alot of 1st party.

More then 1 fire emblem char, seriously I think Hector would make a great characture, and Axe wielder would bring a whole new dimension to the game and would play great, if you are referring to the marth sword wielder clones I agree with you, although I might like to see black knight, I would much rather prefer Samuri Gorah for a heavy sword wielder, don't want to get to heavy on sword wielders anyways.

Wolf, I think he's a great rival to Fox and he could have a bunch of moves that hardly resemble fox at all, really the only reason I think Bowserlick put him on the list is his overwhelming desire to have andross in.

Also I think Lucario could be a great pokemon fighter, although not completely original a decent martial artist with energy blast and physics moves would be cool, although thinking about it I would rather see a revamped Mewtwo...

...now for chars that I don't really want to see returning/making it to brawl... not that I don't like the chars it's just that I feel they would be a waste of time and much better chars should be picked.

1)Mii, for some games they might work, but in the world of Nintendo stars I really can't see a Mii in it.

2) Any other team characture, Ice Climbers are enough and I wouldn't even miss them if they where removed, really if a team char must remain the ice climbers should be it, I think it would be totally stupid to have a team of Diddy+Dixey, or Baby Mario + Luigi or other ideas, although I must make a exception to Captain Olmar and Midna+Wolf Link, although I don't nessesarly want eather Olmar and Midna both could make interesting chars.

3) Andross, I wouldn't mind him being in the game as a easter egg face for the master hands, but anything more then that I feel would just be stupid.

4)Almost Identicle clone chars like Shadow, Daisy, Blood Falcon and Waligi, really they have no major significance and seeing them take a char slot would just be stupid (I'm open to costumes though that change the looks or a minor reshape of Wario or sonic though)

5) Any other char that is ineligable, meaning they wern't on a Nintendo console or they originated from Movie or Tv show.

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
4)Almost Identicle clone chars like Shadow, Daisy, Blood Falcon and Waligi, really they have no major significance and seeing them take a char slot would just be stupid (I'm open to costumes though that change the looks or a minor reshape of Wario or sonic though)
Who is Waluigi an Identical Clone character to?
He is nothing like Wario physically, so I hope you aren't insinuating that
And he's too tall and lanky to be a clone copy of Luigi

Kirye

Smash Ace
5. Waluigi

No. We already have Wario, that's good enough. >.>

4. Megaman

I hate his games, I hate the annoying ******, the character itself is lame. Sure, he has good chances of getting in, but otherwise no.

3. Midna

I just don't like her, simple as that. This is my personal opinion list anyway.

2. Lame female Fire Emblem chars. (Lyn, Micaiah, Titania)

Why should they get in because they're girls and we don't have enough of that? I say big deal. At most, FE should have 3 representatives, let that be Marth, Ike and Black Knight.

1. Andross

It's a ****ing head, get over yourselves. So Wolf is similar to Fox, at least he isn't a 40 foot tall abomination of a monkey face with hands not even connected to his body.

Yeah, i'm a bit tipsy, shush.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
My MOST hated five (from most to least hated)

1:Megaman
2: Geno
3: Master Chief
4: Vaati
5: Either Waluigi/toad/Black Shadow/ Deathborn. (can't decide)

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
My "bottom" 5

1. Pichu

I can't believe he was in Brawl. Absolutely a waste of a character, hasn't done anything famous in the Pokemon world. He should be replaced with Lucario because it would be much better at fighting and wouldn't suck. I can't believe he has so much fans though. (noobs in smashbros.com, like Smashking always overreacting, don't pay attention to this).

2. Bomberman

Hasn't appeared in recent games and don't know any moves for him besides throwing bombs at people.

3. Balloon Fighter

He doesn't even have a real name, why put him in Brawl?

4. Shadow the Hedgehog

Sonic likely will be in as 3rd party from SEGA. So why should they have two 3rd parties while others don't have any?

5. Red from Pokemon

I won't even bother with this one. A rediculous character to nominate.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
1) Midna She didn't do anything or you in the game that the fairies did in the other games. Oh Yeah, that 1 attack, big whoop.

2) Another stupid pokemon (a stupid pokemon would be stupid, duh). Important ones would be OK but no stupid ones.

3) Pikmin w/out Olimar (duh).

4) Captain Olimar and/or Louie. I hated Pikmin. I recognize that he could have a decent moveset, But I'd rather not give the game recognition.

5) Tingle (need I give an explanation?)

1 is the worst.

Edit: can't decide wher waluigi fits in

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Rant Warning...

My bottom 5 plausible candidates:
(Not going to bother with the likes of Cloud, Happy Mask Salesman, and other practically impossible selections...)

5) The Duck Hunt Dog (also known as "Laughing Dog" - WTF?)

I'm not gonna lie: I loved Duck Hunt, as did most anybody that had the pleasure of playing the NES, but the dog really seems to me like a lazy effort at "selecting" a retro Nintendo candidate. With so many other classic Nintendo franchises out there that have creative lead characters that you had the pleasure to play the role of, it would would be a crime to shun them in place of the closet thing to - in this case a dog that did nothing more than retrieve your kills or mock you if let the ducks fly away...

4) Hector

The ONLY thing really going for this character is the fact sheer fact that he's a Fire Emblem lord character that uses an ax rather than a sword. Sure he was one of the three lords of the first Fire Emblem title to be released outside of Japan and he was the most popular lord in that game over here, but considering the game did poorly in it's traditional (and MUCH larger) market of Japan, I can tell you now that they are not going to include a character that will likely greatly displease them just to appease us (at least concerning the Fire Emblem series...). Yes, Roy is very likely to leave the cast, but I can pretty much assure you that his replacement will NOT be Hector, and I'm sick and tired of people always stating otherwise... They wouldn't even be considering him if it weren't for the whole "ax factor"...

3) Mii

While the Miis are heavily promoted by Nintendo and have found their way into many Nintendo published Wii titles since their debut, I really can't see them being incorporated into the Smash Bros. mold. While they are technically feasible (simply incorporating various elements of Wii Sports), pitting "Mii-self" against beloved Nintendo (and closely affiliated third-party) mascots seems grossly out of place... Isn't the whole point of SSB to be a tribute of sorts to the Nintendo characters you grew up with? Of course, a similar grievance was made over the inclusion of Snake shattering the whole idea of it being "that Nintendo thing" as he put it, but so far the Miis haven't really stood out to me as anything much more than gimmicks... and I can't say I like the idea of a gimmick character taking up a severly limited roster spot instead of more deserving characters...

2) Blaziken

I've heard many BS reasons why he is undoubtedly going to be included, whether it was "he plays an important role on the TV show" or "he's a representative of the third generation" or (my favorite) "he's a starter." Like others before him, his importance in the show has evaporated with the coming of the next generation, there is no need for each and every generation of Pokemon to be represented in Smash Bros. (in playable format anyway...), and there has yet to be ANY starter Pokemon to be featured as a playable in the series. Not to mention we have plenty of characters utilizing the element of fire as it is, and suggesting him to be a replacement for C. Falcon (as they often do on Nsiders) does little to help my opinion of the character...

1) Tom Nook

Tom Nook? Seriously?!?! I still fail to fathom how this nobody got to be such a popular suggestion... Similar to the case behind the Duck Hunt Dog, this suggestion is just lazy - select a popular franchise, which happens to be Animal Crossing, a game that yet again happens to lack a recognizable controllable character, so this is simply remedied by employing the whole closet thing to logic, where the answer is nowhere as obvious as the jeering mutt, but for some reason the most popular choice turns out to be the store owner of the town... Sure anyone can be made into an SSB combatant (which is the ONLY argument in this particular character's favor), but Tom Nook takes that to the extreme - and not in the good way... The fact remains that Nookie, despite his prominence in the town of Animal Crossing, is still somewhat distant from your character, not an inseparable relationship like that of a sidekick/rival/arch nemesis/love interest/etc. type character, leaving his merits severely lacking, IMO.

JPW

Smash Ace
5. Pacman: I don't care if Nintendo and Namco are on good terms. I don't care if Pacman has shown up in Mario Kart GP Arcade, this is a bad idea to get him on Smash Bros. to return a favour.

4. Captain Olimar: Pikmin is dead. Get over it. Plus he is a very crap character in my view, Pikmin was good for a while then it got boring when they created too many.

3. Tingle: The only way this guy is getting in for me is that he becomes a punching bag, I can't believe some people actually like this guy.

2. Bowser Jr/Baby Bwoser: Whatever you want to call him, I found the Koopa kids a hell lot better. And I really don't like this guy. And it's really uncreative if they go this way.

1. Toad: I'm sorry but I reckon he's got the best spot of them all already. Under Peach's dress. And he should be removed from that spot just to fulfil some of your fantasies. Plus I love him as Peach's shied, you can some great shots off that.

NightmareOnAnyStreet

Smash Apprentice
Why are some of you arguing and posting unbearably long messages that no one in their right mind has any time to read? this thread was supposed to be a fun thread to just discusss your favorite and least favorite choices for Brawl. So please stop.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
4. Captain Olimar: Pikmin is dead. Get over it. Plus he is a very crap character in my view, Pikmin was good for a while then it got boring when they created too many.
If the Pikmin series is dead when its only been three years since the last game, what does that say about the Kid Icarus series? I guess we'll just have to write Sakurai and demand that he remove Pit from the roster.

I feel sorry for you. If you can't appreciate the sheer brilliance and creativity of the Pikmin series, then you obvoiusly have no soul.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Let's hope no one gets too heated with this. This isn't in any order btw.

1. Black Knight - He just strikes me as a very uninteresting character, and doesn't really offer anything in terms of a fighter that Ike doesn't. His saving grace is that he's a villain character, but he's not a very major one, and I personally don't think the FE series needs a villain rep. Plus I just think there are so many more interesting and unique characters in the FE series that adding BK just seems like a waste. That and the main impression I get from people wanting him in is that he looks cool, which is a very poor reason IMO. And unlike Kirye, I'd actually like Lyn or Micaiah a whole lot more than BK, but that's different opinions for you.

2. Meowth - as it's pretty much accepted that anime importance is not how a pokemon gets in, Meowth really doesn't have much else going for him. He's doesn't really have anything exciting about him, and the chances of the first gen getting more rep isn't that high, and if there is another I think there are better choices anyway.

3. Laughing Dog - Seriously people, it's a dog. So he comes from a popular retro game, he's still just a dog, and all that laughing he does barely makes a taunt. It just seems like scraping at the bottom of the barrel for a retro character, and personally I think there are already enough suggestions to suffice brawl anyway.

4.Petey Piranha - He's just a ridiculous character addition to the Mario series, and one I feel is incredibly overused. IMO he's just a very stupid idea for a character in brawl.

5. Pacman - Yes, Namco is o good terms with Nintendo and Pacman is there most iconic character, but I've never really been that fond of him or his games. What annoys me the most is that Namco has a huge array of other incredibly interesting characters who basically have no chance because of Pacman. Honestly, I think only Klonoa is the only character that'll get in instead of Pacman, but otherwise I'd rather Namco gave no rep at all.

And that's really all the characters I'd really dislike (Hate's too strong, if sany of them appeared I'd deal with it). Everyone else I either support, don't support but wouldn't mind or simply don't think they have a chance in hell to be worth bothering about.

Why are some of you arguing and posting unbearably long messages that no one in their right mind has any time to read? this thread was supposed to be a fun thread to just discusss your favorite and least favorite choices for Brawl. So please stop.
Some people like to post reasons why they don't like a certain character. Crazy I know, but it happens.

Tera253

Smash Ace
1. Geno
2. Happy Mask Salesman
3. Tingle
4. Paras (tough luck McFox)
5. inferior pokemon (that's just about all but the legendaries, but they'll probably be in pokeballs)

~Tera253~

Kirye

Smash Ace
You'd be surprised how many people actually read them.

That, and we felt like it, so we did, huzzah!

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
nice idea nightmare, i like the idea of a bottom 5. heres mine 1 being worst.

1. Sonic.
2. Geno.
3. game & watch
4. Olimar.
5. anybody from FF
6. oh yeah and sonic if i missed him

Tera253

Smash Ace
woot for Zarasai for hating Olimar and Geno too.
Numa Dude, HMS is a gay pedophile who molests little boys. (hence a gay pedo.) get ovr it. everyone intelligent hates him.
~Tera253~

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Most hated to least hated (not really hate but just, NO) The first one I hate the Most in all of video games.

1.Tin star
2.Pichu
3.Ice climbers
4.king ba bomb
5.happy mask salesman

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Who is Waluigi an Identical Clone character to?
He is nothing like Wario physically, so I hope you aren't insinuating that
And he's too tall and lanky to be a clone copy of Luigi
Ah, Waluigi is not a identicle clone characture, but he is a very insignificant characture and isn't horribly different from Wario, instead of using him as an example I should of used Doctor Mario or something ;)

Top Bottom