• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Both of the new DK stages SUCK

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
Hard to say without actually playing the game yet, but from what I see I'm not gonna like rumble falls. I hated the IC level in the melee for any type of match. When the levels move around like that it just gets me frustrated. I will say it looks more playable than the old rumble falls tho due to being more spacious.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Rumble Falls is kinda cool. If there is any reason for it to be tourney-legal, it's the fact it has the best song in Brawl in Bramble Blast! (aka Sticker Brush Symphony) That song DEFINES EPICNESS!

Jungle Japes is my favorite Donkey Kong stage in Melee, and ever. 75 Meters is pretty intresting, but I wish it was all 100 meters. That would have been WAYYYY better. They're pretty good, and in Jungle Japes' case they are VERY GOOD! 75 Meters is retrorific, and Rumble Falls is cool (though it climbs too fast in the speed up thing=lame). But other then that, they're good stages, but not the best representation of the Donkey Kong series. >_>

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
Rumble Falls is kinda cool. If there is any reason for it to be tourney-legal, it's the fact it has the best song in Brawl in Bramble Blast! (aka Sticker Brush Symphony) That song DEFINES EPICNESS!
Hey I didn't know what song you were referring to but I looked it up and its the same one from DKC2? Thats awesome! I remember playing and that song being trippy and kick ***. Level still looks lame tho...

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Well, there's still Stage Builder. I've got an incredible idea for a stage that would be true to the DK games, and it would add a lot of nostalgia as well. Plus, it's a DKC stage.

Really; there's a plethora of stages you can build on the Stage Builder. If you don't like any of the stages ingame, use Stage Builder.

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
Well, there's still Stage Builder. I've got an incredible idea for a stage that would be true to the DK games, and it would add a lot of nostalgia as well. Plus, it's a DKC stage.

Really; there's a plethora of stages you can build on the Stage Builder. If you don't like any of the stages ingame, use Stage Builder.
I was thinking of making the Gangplank Galleon as my first custom stage XD

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking of making the Gangplank Galleon as my first custom stage XD
It's not that, though it is sort of like it. It's from DKC2: that stage where all the beetles and ladders are and it's like the mast of the Gangplank Galleon? I plan on creating that stage, though I just have to remember the name. Topsail Trouble, I think?

EDIT: It's not Topsail Trouble. It's Mainbrace Mayhem.

zelda1818

Smash Cadet
I haven't liked really any of the DK stages in all 3 games, I only really liked the one in Melee with the DK Rap...however the Donkey Kong Arcade looks great, just haven't unlocked it yet.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I agree, I haven't unlocked 75m and I probably won't till want 100% completion. Rumble Falls just plain sucks, I especially hate those **** spikes and blend in with the stage and practically one hit KO.

Primetime84

Smash Cadet
They're gimmicky and rotten to the core, which sucks even more because DK got some EXCELLENT music tracks.

And the DK past stage they chose is the worst one. What were they thinking...

I'm not wid ya on this one brother. Jungle Japes is one of my favorite Melee stages. 75m is off the hook and i like the retro stages like that one, Flat Zone 2, and Mario bros. Rumble Falls is alot better as a scroller than Icicle Mountain was. And yes someone made a good point that you can only do so much with DK.

Top Bottom