• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Both of the new DK stages SUCK

Xanderous

Smash Lord
They're gimmicky and rotten to the core, which sucks even more because DK got some EXCELLENT music tracks.

And the DK past stage they chose is the worst one. What were they thinking...

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
So you are telling me you actually expected the DK levels to be good? There is only so much Nintendo can do with a DK level...the only good level was the one from the 64 version (remade in melee) and the other two were weak...get over the levels dude...The only cool idea i could think about for a DK level would be in the factory from the first DK with all of the gas barrels thats it....levels in melee stunk too. N64 so far (from what ive seen from brawl too) has the best levels...(hence why half of them were put into melee....they realized how good and popular the levels were...)

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
well, what would you have done? unless you have a suggestion or idea, all you're doing is making us listen to your complaints.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Rumble Falls doesn't seem that great, but the arcade DK stage is one of the coolest stages in the game. The arcade stage represents the original DK game, Jungle Japes represents the Rare DK games, and Rumble Falls represents the newer DK games.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DK Arcade = Awesome

You must be smoking some pretty bad ****...

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
Wow, gimmicky levels in a game that's just one big gimmick.

Prince, only three 64 levels go into Melee, and it's safe bet they weren't the most popular. And you have a serious lack of imagination if you don't think more can be done with DK levels.

DK arcade is awesome, Rumble Falls looks leagues better the Icicle Mountain.

Zevox

Smash Lord
What are you talking about? The DK Arcade is probably one of the best new stages in the game! Why, the nostalgia factor alone is absolutely priceless.

And Rumble Falls seems to be better off than Icicle Mountain was in Melee - it moves slower most of the time, doesn't reverse direction, and gives a warning before speeding up. It might well be a pretty good stage.

I do wish they had brought back Kongo Jungle rather than Jungle Japes, but its not like they can please everyone with every stage.

Zevox

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Each to his own, I rather enjoy the look of the two stages, ESPECIALLY the arcade. However, that is based on opinion and a casual play style. Both are likely to be problematic for tournaments, especially Rumble Falls.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
DK Arcade = Awesome

I really like the old school DK Level...Yeah DK stages are not bad but they are not the greatest either and I don't think they can make a good Dk stage until they get K. Rool and Dixie Kong in a smash so they can start making Gang Plank Galleon or The DKC2 ship or basically any good stage from DKC2.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Opinion/10
You think I don't it's my opinion? Why do you feel like you have to spout this off? Anything I say that isn't a fact is my opinion. Anything you say that isn't fact is your opinion. Didn't we learn this in elementary school? Don't do it again.

As for Rumble Falls? Sucks. Scrolls at an okay pace, but there are these stage hazards and walk off ledges, plus it just looks like ****. It honestly looks like it was made in Stage Builder.

DK classic? It's okay, but there are far too many ledges. It could be playable.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
my favorite one was the one that has the DK Rap!

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
The Japes was my favorite stage in melee. That is the one that's returning right? The one with the water rushing by from right to left? I think that's the stage I played the most. I think people only hate it because sometimes you just have a bad day in the japes. Which is frustrating I know, but play it enough and you'll learn to love it.

@MFZ95: The DK rap cracks me up.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
i havent gotten the game here in the us and i am not flying all over the boards for spoilers i know some of the secret characters thats it. Only the final smashes on the dojo and thats pretty much it. I want to have some things to look forward to when i finally get the game. I do not even know what some of the secret characters look like...nor do i want to know.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
I think a stage based on Bramble Blast would actually be pretty good.
My favorite stage idea that I came up with though was a stage based on the Mine cart sequences, which would essentially play a lot like Big Blue, making it instant tourney banned. D:

G-X

Smash Apprentice
They're gimmicky and rotten to the core, which sucks even more because DK got some EXCELLENT music tracks.
That's because the DK games these days are gimmicky and rotten to the core.

So Brawl is just being true to real life.

Ellio 2 b

Smash Apprentice

And the DK past stage they chose is the worst one. What were they thinking...
Dont make us listen to your rants. The only rants I like to hear is the AVGN's. (Angry Video Game Nerd...)

Anyway, the DK stages have never been great, so why is this so suprising to you?

Nikumatic

Smash Rookie
Also just for the record, the new water/swimming physics DO apply in Jungle Japes. The river now sweeps you to the left at a relatively fast speed, but it's possible to recover from it. This makes the stage a lot better.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
I don't know how I feel about the DK stages really. I don't hate them, and I'm not too crazy about them either. They're just there. I will say that DK stages have great music though.

courte

Smash Lord
well i guess if you go by superpro logic
dk =/= fd so yea i guess it sux

lol no seriously i love every aspect of this game, so do you mean in terms of level design or for tournament play??

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I haven't seen any vids on the new DK stages. What happens at the top of Rumble Falls?

If there are any can someone please point them out.

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen any vids on the new DK stages. What happens at the top of Rumble Falls?

If there are any can someone please point them out.
Defying all logic, you go back to the beginning. Compare the sequence in-between with Castle Siege.

I'm feeling good about the DK stages. Rumble Falls is a lot more interesting than Icicle Mountain and DK Arcade is just a playground full of gimmicks that's not too intrusive either. And I loved Jungle Japes for its soundtrack and very relaxing athmosphere, being the casual muck I am.

Aeriath

Smash Cadet
I own this game, and really like both the DK stages. Rumble Falls is much better than the Ice Climber's melee stage, and the Arcade level is really cool as well, though I have limited experience on it. Don't worry too much.

DQP

Smash Ace
i, too, hate rumble falls. but i am really into the dk arcade stage. and though a lot of you beg to differ, the past stage was a nice choice.

Aeriath

Smash Cadet
Are you all japanese or do you have modded wiis? Im too lazy to mod my wii just o play one game that is coming out REALLY soon.
I live in Japan so I have a japanese wii. I just want to say again, I really do like both the new DK stages. Obviously Rumble Falls isn't something I"ll play on in a serious competition, but it's a lot of fun for crazy four player matches, and it's much much better than the Melee Ice Climber's stage.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
75m is a pretty fun stage. Very gimmicky, very random, quite enjoyable.

I don't like Rumble Falls that much - it's fine except for the massively overpowered spikes in places...unless you hit the ground or roof, you're pretty much instantly KOd. :/

Shame because the music is awesome.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Here is a vid that features part of Rumble Falls in an event match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PJpmKgb7uQ

It's the only clip of Rumble Falls I could find. It seems fairly quick paced and is far more dynamic then Icicle Mountain.

Anyone got any other vids of Rumble Falls?

e319

Smash Apprentice
Are you all japanese or do you have modded wiis? Im too lazy to mod my wii just o play one game that is coming out REALLY soon.
Spoke my mind... Brawl comes out in 2 DAYS! AWESOME! I'm looking forward to old school levels so I think I'll like the arcade DK stage. Weird story, I thought up the idea for that stage right when I heard about it.

As for the folks whining about this guy whining, I'd think you'd get used to it, seeing as half the things on TV are about guys whining bout things but not giving a solution...

e319

Smash Apprentice
Spoke my mind...

About the guys whining about this guy whining, I'd think you'd be used to it, seeing as half of the stuff on TV is people whining but not giving a solution to what they're whining about... I'm looking at YOU Lewis Black, dude on comedy central!

Back on topic though... I've always liked old school stages, so i'll like DK arcade

e319

Smash Apprentice
GOD ****ED COMPUTOR! STOP DOING THIS!
Sorry... just put up 2 nearly identical posts...

Top Bottom