• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boozer's Pwnage Throws

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
That's nothing but the same recycled altruism. Just like no one can be perfectly equal, no character can be perfectly equal. Tiers are a reality. It's all about busting them up though, proving them wrong. That's more impressive, winning with Bowser or someone like that, alot more impressive than, "Oh, another Marth guy jsut took the tournament...figures...."

And like I always say....
REPECT THE BOWSER

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
You know what I mean. I'm not talking about some noble act of "proving marth to be worse than Bowser".

I mean its alot more fun to beat a good character with a "crappy" character.

MechaBoozer20XX

Smash Journeyman
You know what I mean. I'm not talking about some noble act of "proving marth to be worse than Bowser".

I mean its alot more fun to beat a good character with a "crappy" character.
Well duh.
Boozer is teh funnest to play with. HES SO DARN FAT. Still sucks though.But in the end does it really matter? Eh no.

I didnt believe "tiers" either and how hard it is to balance characters till I played other fighters(MvC2, GG XX#R)I still think skill outranks "tiers" in most situations. You know...tiers only matter for pros, whatever. A good "insert low tier" should beat a bad "insert high tier" any day.

Unless I lose, then it's cause of tiers. lol

MechaBoozer20XX

Smash Journeyman
No johns to what?, that Bowser sucks? I really dont give a da*m I'll still go all Bowser in tourneys. The tier list john was a joke notice the "lol"?
Let me make my thoughts perfectly clear: If you lost its cause the other player has more skill. NOT becuase of any character advantage.

MechaBoozer20XX

Smash Journeyman
Oh soory, I know what U mean. Yeah when Im in a match I think "Im gonna win", "Boozer is good".
its all about pumped up. If your confident then you'll play better.
As a side note , you know what is funny? When people have anti-boozer johns. "I dont know how play b0os3R , If I did I'd win." or one time at a tourney some Samus main told me; "I chose a secondary in the first match cause you were Bowser. If I played my main you would have lost."

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I know what you mean, they shouldn't feel obligated to call and raise when I play Bowser. But back on topic. Let's keep this conversation to the bowser spam thread, and this thread to The Pwnage throws.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I believe that because of the floatiness and the improved DI, it's alot easier to escape. So I don't think it will be as much of a CG type deal.

MagnuM

Smash Ace
I think the only way to truly get "rid" of tiers is to constantly tweak the game with online balance patches and the sort (not gunna happen, but I can dream can't I?)

*sigh* I wish Brawl's code were open source or something, so we can tinker with the code ourselves until we can get it much more balanced. Along with a stage builder, they should have a Code Builder as well XD

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
How much % does this do? And can your opponent escape from it if you try to suicide or is it asure kill? And can you buff up the damage if you do it from a certain height? The last question was stupid but I'm curious about this.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
My sentiments exactly, but what can you do, ya know?
I'm curious about whether or not this is inescapable, or if it is like a step above kirbys suicide throw.
All I know for sure is it looks reallly cool.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
I agree i want bowser to be mid tier so I can pwn high tier users. True skill matters because I used dr. mario vs fox (my lil cuz was playin) and I pwned his *** quick fast.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
A good "insert low tier" should beat a bad "insert high tier" any day.
So you're telling me that despite practicing hours on end my sister still beat me on Marth because of skill even though she hardly plays? Well, can you explain that as soon as she switches to a "mid/low-tier" character or I switch to a "high tier" character I can kick her *** easily? :ohwell:

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Better than he was in brawl? I think you mean melee. I hope he's going to be quicker, better doesn't mean anything to me.

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
After witnessing some gameplay vids on Youtube with Bowser, his skills look kinda upgraded. I think he's a little faster, but not by much. And his new throw moves look sick.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Bowser killed...oh wait, nevermind.

To the guy above me...Yeah, he didn't get too much faster, I think, but at least most of his moves' lag is gone, and sped up some. That fair is gonna be lethal, as well as upB.

Does anyone think having one throw on the klaw is a downgrade?
If Boozersydes are inescapable then no...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Bowser killed...oh wait, nevermind.

To the guy above me...Yeah, he didn't get too much faster, I think, but at least most of his moves' lag is gone, and sped up some. That fair is gonna be lethal, as well as upB.

Does anyone think having one throw on the klaw is a downgrade?
an auto grab, instant bowsercide that is not escapeable? I think it is a improvement.
it also looks cool as ****.

Mav of Brill

Smash Cadet
amen. i can't wait to try this move out, and completely spam it on ignorant people who don't learn.
boozer's dark form with the silver shell looks tight.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Can this move grab in the air? If so, best way to punish a would-be spike ever.

Top Bottom