• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boozer's Pwnage Throws

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Well, perhaps most of you have noticed, but Bowser's new Throws look incredibly awesome.

But I started thinking, what could they possibly do in real combat?

The answer is simple... Suicide Throws, yeah thats right, Kirby Style!

So what do you guys think? Is Bowser Suicide Throwing going to become a part of he's gameplay?

Magic

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure those aren't his throws as in grab-throws, but his throws that stem from the Koopa Klaw.

But yes, I noticed Bowser suiciding a couple times with those awesome suplexes. :p

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Of Course it would be a last F* you to the opponent, you KO him once, take some more damage, suicide throw and wham you got 2 of his stocks for the price of 1.

Seems like a good deal to me.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
the klaw was my favorite move in melee, and this new klaw at first i didn't like, but now i do. it activates WAY faster and has literally no lag whatsoever after it, its one of the quickest moves from start to finish in brawl when it misses from what i saw.

anyways i used the new klaw to SD kill my opponents a lot, its probably the most stylish thing possible to do. you have a lot of control over your character in the air, so its really easy, you can get a lot of distance too so you dont have to be that close to the edge!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
guys... when melee came out i really wanted to main bowser but i gave up...

he's so freaking awesome in brawl. <333

SICk throws

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
suicide throws are something I would use in battle, but in bowser's case, only if I had high damage.

I kind of agree. Depending on how good an oponent's character is at KO'ing, once you hit the stamina depletion, (edges a recovery is no longer the shell sweep, and is the slow stand up and jab) it would be a more suitable time. There are certain characters from melee that I know if I can get them off the side with bowser, i can KO them with out a doubt because of his side game, but generally this is easier at low percentages. The shell-sweep recovery has nasty edge guarding abilities, and asainst spacies, sets up their weakest form of recovery, the fire fox/bird, which can be back aired or f tilted to oblivion. If the edge game is different, then maybe it will be something I do when I'm at a desperately percentage. Melee bowser had a sick edge game, and with hugging, it could be some of the same.

I'll take this moment to ask, is the edge game as good as Brawl? I know I've seen that the fortress hog is harder, maybe even not as useful, and the general floatiness percieved by many may affect the sweet spotting, as well as the new B-air feel, but I'm curious. Is there potential?

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
One thing I'd like to ask is this; does the klaw only grab now? As in, does it still just scratch them if you space incorrectly?

I ask this because in a video I saw with a b-move spamming bowser, the person managed to land the klaw-grab crazy often.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
One thing I'd like to ask is this; does the klaw only grab now? As in, does it still just scratch them if you space incorrectly?

I ask this because in a video I saw with a b-move spamming bowser, the person managed to land the klaw-grab crazy often.
they increased the range of koopa klaw. so a sesoned bowser user will most likley get crazy grabs. because they are used to a a shorter range. so this attack will be good for a longer range hit(and help against those sword users).

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
the klaw was my favorite move in melee, and this new klaw at first i didn't like, but now i do. it activates WAY faster and has literally no lag whatsoever after it, its one of the quickest moves from start to finish in brawl when it misses from what i saw.

anyways i used the new klaw to SD kill my opponents a lot, its probably the most stylish thing possible to do. you have a lot of control over your character in the air, so its really easy, you can get a lot of distance too so you dont have to be that close to the edge!
When you Bowsercide, who dies first? Bowser or his opponent? If the opponent always dies first, bowser can win battles by simply Bowserciding EVERY stock O_______O

Pyr0

Smash Ace
When you Bowsercide, who dies first? Bowser or his opponent? If the opponent always dies first, bowser can win battles by simply Bowserciding EVERY stock O_______O
If the opponent is smart that won't happen. (As experienced by Kirbyciding in tourneys)

The first time you will shock them, but its not that hard to do.
The second time, your good (or he sucks)
The third time your reaching Godly Levels
If you make it a fourth time either your opponent is brain-dead or you are a friggin' Jihad!

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
If the opponent is smart that won't happen. (As experienced by Kirbyciding in tourneys)

The first time you will shock them, but its not that hard to do.
The second time, your good (or he sucks)
The third time your reaching Godly Levels
If you make it a fourth time either your opponent is brain-dead or you are a friggin' Jihad!
BUT Gimpyfsh said you can controll youself while your in the air. where as Kirby you had to be right at the edge to do it. Also you can break out of Kirby's mid throw whereas I haven't seen anyone break out of Bowser's throw.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I doubt it goes the same for bowser, but diddy's over b in the air is a grab like the claw, and he can throw downwards while in the air, and still up B after and recover. how sick would that be for bowser?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Gimpy said that is the sweetest spike he's ever seen. Who knows, it could be possible since the game is floatier.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
This is true. Save the bowsercides for your combo vid's folks.

On a side note, everyone sign up on Inferno Blaze's and my thread for Brawl Bowser mains.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
It still wasn't explained who dies first during a Bowser suicide attempt. If there's one stock left for both characters then it's possible to just suicide throw and still win in the end.

Also, I'm assuming his Claw no longer back-throws, right?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
we coudn't tell who dies first, i'd imagine his opponent because he holds them directly underneath him, but it was impossible to tell in timed matches.

anyways, there is only one throw on the klaw now, you cant bite them after you klaw either, it just throws right away

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I assumed the opponent would die first too. I just thought I'd make sure about it. I am kind of upset the back-throw was removed. It was his strongest knockback throw. I am also sort of sad that you can't bite opponents after grabbing them, but at least we got something new and useful in the end.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
we coudn't tell who dies first, i'd imagine his opponent because he holds them directly underneath him, but it was impossible to tell in timed matches.

anyways, there is only one throw on the klaw now, you cant bite them after you klaw either, it just throws right away
No bite? Doesn't that kinda suck?

How are bowser's standard throws? Any better? They're pretty meh in melee ('cept for the godly dthrow).

Pyr0

Smash Ace

I REALLY think thats a Demo thing, and will be fixed in retail version, I just can't imagine a special move doing essentially the same thing as a grab (our suicide usage idea isn't its main reason to exist)

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
You can't imagine a special being used as a grab? Bowser does it in melee so why would it not make sense for Brawl?

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
That will keep shield grabbers on their toes, for sure. Also, Adding to the edgeguarding scene, lets not forget that Bowser now has the option to spike them with a footstool jump. Not infalible, but judging from the folks at E for All's experience, the timing to cancel it must be very odd because they couldn't manage it.

Bowser Smasher

Smash Cadet
I watched Gimpy and Aries play as Bowser, his throws are pretty improved. BUT, is it good to use them so often? In mid-air, Bowser seems to be very good, with quick slashing, but I'm still confused about the Klaw.

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
I noticed a few seconds of slow-mo at the end of some brawl stock matches. Is that a feature or part of a special game mode or what?

I'm mostly wondering if both players die at close to the same time, if it's possible to get a draw.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I assume it is an effect to signify the end of a TIMED match. No draws as in timed mode, you would go to sudden death. it doesn't work that way in stock, i'm sure.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
If you fall after the GAME message appears, it wont count to the final score.

There are many E4A videos where you can see this, I will try to find one and post the link.

Top Bottom