• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomb stagespike? (sorry if known)

Roager

Smash Ace
I was fighting a MK, and he shuttlelooped under the lip of FD, so he could ledgegrab. Well, I bomb that I had thrown up earlier had come down, and as he shuttlelooped, the ground above him exploded. But the hitbox went through the ground, so he was knocked upward by bomb, then downward by bounce. Any time this could be done deliberately?

EDIT: apparently I wasn't clear. The interesting part here isn't that the bomb can be used for a stagespike, its that a bomb that hits the ground, not the opponent, can be used as a stagespike at FD.

sasook

Smash Champion
Kind of, yeah. What you do is get the guy offstage, pull a bomb, and edgehog. Drop down and throw the bomb up, then get back to the ledge via jump + spin attack. If timed right, the bomb will pass through you and hit the guy into the stage for a stage spike.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Another completely useless thread.. Arkive was right when he told me about how pathetic the Smash Boards Link community is becoming, or in this case "has become".

Roager

Smash Ace
Kind of, yeah. What you do is get the guy offstage, pull a bomb, and edgehog. Drop down and throw the bomb up, then get back to the ledge via jump + spin attack. If timed right, the bomb will pass through you and hit the guy into the stage for a stage spike.
not what I meant. The bomb hit the ground, and the hitbox spread below the stage, hitting him upward, into the stage, for the spike.

sasook

Smash Champion
I know what you meant, I was answering your question as to whether or not it could be replicated consistently. The answer is, probably not. So I gave the closest thing I know of.

Hope that helps. :)

Roager

Smash Ace
okay. well, whatever, if this matters to anyone, cool. if not, oh well. let it die.

Top Bottom