• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomb Smashing

DarkRunner00

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if anyone or Izaw has talked about this,

but in Izaw's guide he shows bomb smashing right out of pulling it out...
and he talks about using it as a mind game in general...

but if anyone has considered:

pulling out a bomb->to normal play->Bow (hold A) which will initiate the bomb smash condition of holding A+C-stick...

Not too useful, and very situational, but I've seen this tactic not discuss,
since Bomb Smashing itself it situational, but with this "new found" freedom...

And if this has been discuss, I apologize, I'm no Link main...

Swordplay

Smash Lord
bomb smashing is really just used for mindgames as you need to put in the imput during an animation. I sometimes do it with a boomerang (during the throw animation) at Low percents cause they land near me but thats about it.

deatscythe6

Smash Rookie
I really like it as a mindgame, but I have to say I prefer pulling out a bomb, footstooling the opponent, throwing the bomb after the first frame of the footstool animation, Dairing the opponent, dropping below them and then spin attacking them.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Yeah, well, as amazing as Izaw's video is, it could use an update.

Basically, as long as you hold an "attack" button while holding a bomb after doing ANY animation that prevents you from throwing the bomb itself, you will be able to set up a BombSmash.

You could do any of these actions to initiate a BombSmash:
Hold "attack" while pulling out Bomb
Press and hold "attack" during a roll.
Press and hold "attack" during a spotdodge
Press and hold "attack" while using a special (Rangs and arrows are usually the most usefull).
Preform a ZAC and continue to hold "attack" during and after the airiel.

Those are what I use. Also, the reason for saying "attack" is that, you don't have to use the A button, in fact, I find the A button to be a hassle to try and use for this. I have my controls modified so that my R button is "attack". It's much more comfortable and convenient as far as I'm concerned. If you use R to shield, set L to attack. I just use R for attack as I use L to shield.

Top Bottom