• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomb recovery?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I just wanted to know whether or not Link's bombs are dependible when it comes to recovering. We all know that Link's recovery sucks and I was wondering if it can somewhat act like Snake's C4 recovery. I'm not a Link main but I'm trying to help one of my friends get better with his. I'm pretty well rounded with most of the characters in the game and I'm familar with Link's ATs so I think I'm doing a good job helping him out. Are there any general tips you think I should tell him about Link while I'm at it? Like I said, Link's not one of my mains so I don't completely know him inside and out. Thanks in advance.

Neb

Smash Lord
I don't main him, but using the terminology of the Snake community, you have to "cook" the bomb. Its just taking advantage of the detonation time, and reacting accordingly, since you can't remotely ignite the explosive like a Snake would.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Well uh, if in the rare occurrence that you know you won't make it back and youre pretty high up and far away, you pull out the bomb. If you didnt panic and fastfalled in the process, you have to up b right below the edge and have the bomb blow up right below the edge. This is because the bomb explosion kills any horizontal momentum Link has, and his UpB cant create any (wtf sakurai). So ya, have the explode right below the edge.

Top Bottom