• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomb DI = Living forever

Laijin

Smash Hero
Bomb DI is when you drop a bomb, DI really hard into while your opponent hits you. You should not fly anywhere and instead the bomb should explode in your face. Its kinda complicated to pull off and I know a lot people do it by accident. My question is, do any of you guys know how to do it consistently? Its a pretty useful skill especially if your returning to the stage.

pdk

Smash Lord
i'm guessing it only applies if you're about directly above the bomb and knocked down or standing near it and knocked left/right?

Cia

das kwl
It has alot to with predicting where the hit is coming from and when it will land.

ex. if the hit is coming from over head, it's best to throw it forward so that the bomb gets hit before you.

or

if the hit is coming from below, just drop it to avoid getting hit.

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that you can do it consistently because you have to do it at the exact moment before you get hit. Plus it all depends on who your opponent is. For example if its a Marth your not likely to get close enough to do it and if you do get it they'll just Fsmash you to your death.
So just stick with throwing the bomb in their face when your trying to recover.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so basically i just di into the bomb? how hard is this to do..i dont really play young link..but i would love to pull that off sometime..i can handle most tech things..it's basically just smash diing into a bomb? or are you getting hit into the bomb so that the movement to cause the bomb to explode is caused by your opponents attack..the latter is harder since it's anticipation instead of just tech skill

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice

Jiraiya_Inc

Smash Apprentice
hmm seemed that my post never showed up befor any way the bomb D.I is kinda cool but a move that should not be learnt right away i mean in the vid the sacrifced 20% to stay on the stage ..in the end he won but it mat not be like that all the time if it was a marth 2 hits then out :/ i'm not dissing the tech i like it but i would not use as yet

Jash

Smash Lord
Well Jash if you can pull it off consistently then your ylink is even more beast. Oh and there's something that i noticed in the vid that you charged the arrows while your opponent was still on the stage, why do you do that when it can be risky. Anyways I'm missing the point if you could explain how to do it then it would be even greater help.
Well to answer your first question, i use Arrows because they are the **** lol no i use them because they are unpredictable projectiles and they hit your opponent almost every given time. also the match is very old so.....yea. The Bomb DI works with the just frame tech. You have to drop the bomb and smash DI into it all in 1 frame which is the frame when your about to get hit....the very last frame. Its pretty difficult to master but when you get it down you find coming back feels easier.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
still confused sorry..so you have to drop the bomb before getting hit then smash DI into it? or do you mean just smash DI into the bomb after you drop it automatically from getting hit. I'm not sure when the bomb drops automatically..is it at the end of the hit lag or on the first frame when you're hit.

Jash

Smash Lord
You have to drop the bomb and Smash DI right before you get hit all in 1 frame *maybe 2 but it works better on 1*. Its a extreme risk taker but very worth it trust me.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
smash DI doesn't occur before you get hit..it occurs as you get hit before you go flying..i think we have a difference in terminology here..but i get the principle at least

Top Bottom