• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BoLT Presents: Crusade @ Sage Mantis Game-HAVEN - Jan. 31st, 2014 - Fredericksburg, VA (Melee/P:M)

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255

..Presents..

*Note - Super Smash Bros. Crusade the flash game is not the main event, but it will be available to play.

"An MD/VA/SoVA Super Smash Bros. Melee Event!"
Friday, January 31st, 2014
Please Confirm your Attendance.

Featuring
and
Events!

Confirmation List Located on 2nd Post

Location: Sage Mantis GAME-HAVEN (2025 Plank Road, Fredericksburg VA, 22401 - Westwood Shopping Center near Staples and Lonestar)

Primary Event: Super Smash Bros. Melee
Secondary Event: Project M 3.0
Side Event?: I can run regular Brawl if it is in high demand, or any other game for that matter from the FGC.

Schedule:

Setup/Registration: 5:00pm
Melee Singles: 6:00pm
Melee Doubles (if enough interest) 7:00-7:30pm
Project M 3.0 Singles: 8:00pm
Project M 3.0 Doubles (if enough interest) 9:00-9:30pm

The venue is a late night Lan Center, so I may cater this event into the late hours for those of you that work.

Venue/Event Prices:

Venue Fee - $10.00 ($5.00 Venue fee to those that bring setups (up to 5)
Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles - $10.00 Entry
Super Smash Bros. Melee Doubles - $10.00 Entry
Project M 3.0 Singles - $5.00 Entry
Project M 3.0 Doubles - $5.00 Entry (Per Person)
Side Event - $5.00 Entry Fee

Rules: These rules apply to Brawl (if Brawl winds up being played) and P:M...specific rules to follow. If you have any questions about the rules, please ask up front rather than waiting till after a match to ask. It could be too late!

General Gameplay:

- Items are set to "off" and "none"
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If there is a tie, see the tiebreaker section to follow.
- All sets in bracket with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and grand finals will be best of 3 matches. The finals matches will be a best of 5.
- Controller ports will be decided by players. If there is a conflict, we prefer using the G&W Hammer method to determine who gets to choose.
- You may switch controller ports on your counterpick only.
- BYOC (Bring your own controller). I recommend having a spare, just in case. If you don't have one, I might have a few for sale.
- Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match. (if pause is on).
- Stalling is banned. You know what this is, ask if you're unsure.
- If you freeze the game on an action initiated by your character, you lose the game. You are expected to know the boundaries of your character. (This rarely, if ever, happens.)
- Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match.
- If a player pauses the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally), it is a stock loss to the player who pressed it.
- A match ending in simultaneous death does not go to the initiator. If the result is sudden death from this, use the normal tiebreaking rules (to follow) to determine the winner. Otherwise use who the game declared the winner.

- Coaching mid-match is banned. Don't do it.
- You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a Counterpick in a set.
- Any and all infinites (basically, where someone can control the opponent without them being able to do anything about it) must end at 300%, otherwise it becomes stalling. All infinites are entirely legal otherwise.

Set Procedure:

1. Character selection
2. Stage strike 1-2-X-1 (X representing the amount of stages per game, as P:M has more starters)

3. Play Game 1
4. Winning player announces ban stage for the set
5. Loser of previous match announces next match's stage
6. Winner of previous match chooses characters
7. Loser of previous match chooses characters
8. Play next game
9. Rinse and repeat 4-8 if set goes to a third game.

Tie Breaking:

Note: Tiebreaking is only initiated if the game started a sudden death round upon completion. Otherwise, the game declared winner is the winner of the match.

1. Winner is determined by highest stock count then lowest percent.
2. In Brawl, verify the LGL was not violated. If both players violated said LGL or neither player did, proceed to step 3.
3. 1 stock, 3 minute match is played as a tiebreaker match. The winner of this match wins the game. If there is a tie in this match, proceed to step 4.
4. A second 1 stock, no time limit match is played. If a simultaneous death is initiated (such as swallocide) in this match, the initiator loses the match. There is no tie for this match, it is play until you win.

Conduct Rules:

- BYOC (already mentioned this)
- No intrusive Cosmetic hacks permitted (no altering characters to look like master chief, no reversing the ice climbers colors, etc.)
- No Drugs/Alcohol on the premises. If you are seen with, or smell of it, you will be removed from the Venue.
- Intentionally disrupting someone mid-match intentionally or accidentally is not acceptable. Please do your best to make sure you are not disrupting a match.
- Don't lose anything you're bringing to the event please, we are not liable for lost/stolen etc.

Sequence of events:

1. Match begins, using 4 stocks, the starter stage is random based off of the neutral stage selections
2. The winner of the match stays on, using his remaining stocks from the first battle to play the next opponent
3. The opposing crew chooses their next player to play in the battle
4. The player coming in has the opportunity to counter pick a stage instead of going random, if they do, their opponent may change their character.
5. Rinse and repeat 2-4 until the winner is determined

Project M ONLY Rules: (most are preset in the game)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JJ14fHbTyrJvBqN70ODCRwMiHQjx1X0jyIBrCSoE07I/edit

Melee ONLY rules:

- 4 stock
- 8 minute timer

- Starter Stages:

Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land 64

- Counterpick stages

Pokemon Stadium

- Doubles stage changes

Pokemon Stadium is a Starter
Fountain of Dreams is banned
Kongo Jungle 64 is a CP

Prize Payouts:

Singles Payouts:

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%

Doubles Payouts:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Food Nearby:

All within close proximity is Honey Baked Ham, Aladins, Popeyes, Starbucks, Nile Market, Wawa, McDonalds, KFC.

Livestream:

To Be Determined.

Last edited:

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Reserved for TO.

--

For those of you that remember me from the Brawl Glory Days, I'm back. ;) I feel it is time to revive the Fredericksburg Scene since major interest has peeked since Evo and now even more with Super Smash U coming soon. I look forward to seeing familiar faces as well as new ones.

--

Confirmation List:
YarsRevengerson
Darkseid

Super Shus
2Fast
Lykieos
Chuckles
.fube
jiggle4lyfe
Time/Space Mage
Boss

Arcadia
MiddleMan

Last edited:

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
I can bring a full setup. I can possibly even bring like a 32" or 35" CRT if there is demand for such a thing.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Yooooooooo, a blast from the ****ing PAST

Gotta get in on this ****.

I'm going for Project M and will be accepting money matches, just look for the kid with the bigass fro.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Yooooooooo, a blast from the ****ing PAST

Gotta get in on this ****.

I'm going for Project M and will be accepting money matches, just look for the kid with the bigass fro.

Dude, it's been a hot minute! Haha, how've you been? I see you're still active (very active considering your post count!)

I can bring a full setup. I can possibly even bring like a 32" or 35" CRT if there is demand for such a thing.
From what I've counted (so far) we have 6 CRTs, so we may be good with that, but if you'd like to bring a full setup, you are more than welcome to. The more, the merrier.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Pretty good, so much has gone on, haha. I'll be dragging along 2Fast now We've pretty much converted to Project M
Awesome, look forward to seeing you guys! May have to play some classic Brawl, and see how you guys have progressed while I was away. ;D haha

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Why are you using the Crusade Logo if the event doesn't have Crusade there?

For your 4th post, you're gonna question a TO? lol jk..

I used the Crusade logo because it was easier than creating my own (which I normally do, but I had only so much time to make this thread), and the word Crusade simply represents the event that will lead a new year of tournaments. If you look into my past events, I've always made my own logo's/pictures, but for this one I needed to get done quickly so the word can spread that the Fredericksburg scene is being revived and that people have time to confirm attendance before/after Apex.

..and if it's really that big of an issue, we can run Smash Crusade here as well.. lol, we have computers.

GigaPichu

Smash Rookie
Well, it would be pretty cool if you ran Crusade there haha.

I know it wouldn't be a defining thing that would make people go, but the least you can do for using our name is use our game as well.

If it isn't too much trouble.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Well, it would be pretty cool if you ran Crusade there haha.

I know it wouldn't be a defining thing that would make people go, but the least you can do for using our name is use our game as well.

If it isn't too much trouble.
Naw, no trouble at all! I can have one or two computers running it so people can check it out. :)

I'll be there. I can stream too.

twitch.tv/nbd_skywalker is my channel.
Awesome, look forward to meeting you Chuckles. It'd be awesome if you streamed. :happysheep:

.fube

Smash Cadet
I will hopefully be there playing P:M. The venue is about an hour from my house so it would be a shame to pass this up.

edit: I can also bring a setup if needed.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
What time do you think we should kick things off? It's going to be on a Friday. What would be the best time for everyone?

.fube

Smash Cadet
What time do you think we should kick things off? It's going to be on a Friday. What would be the best time for everyone?
I would say around 6 or 7. Not too late. I'm pretty flexible though.

Fred_Gurtz (Cobalt)

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3179-6888-2353
I'll check my schedule. Looks like an interesting event though. I'm relatively new on the scene so I'm trying to go to as many tournaments as possible.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I'll check my schedule. Looks like an interesting event though. I'm relatively new on the scene so I'm trying to go to as many tournaments as possible.
Welcome to the scene. Hope to see you here!
is the bracket double elimination?
Yes, always. Winners/Losers brackets.
I wanna go to this, but I won't know for sure until later in the month.
Be sure to keep me updated! Hope to see you here. :)
I would say around 6 or 7. Not too late. I'm pretty flexible though.
I was thinking around 6:00, to avoid rush hour.. but I'm also thinking earlier in the day, but then people won't be able to show if they are working that day.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I want to come to this, but it depends on weather since it's a bit of a drive. It'll be my first SWF tournament, tho I might be able to bring Savage to give you all a run for your money.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this is like ten minutes away. I'm not too good, but I am excited to give this a try!

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Any decision on a start time?
5:00pm is when we'll be getting things ready to start. We understand traffic/rush hour is a problem around this time, so if you're late be sure to call us and we can postpone it until you arrive so long as you aren't holding up the event over an hour.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Sounds good. I'm pumped. Should I bring a setup?
You're more than welcome to, it doesn't hurt to have a setup if needed. :) We'll definetly need Project M setups since I'll be having the only wii with Project M 3.0 unless someone else brings it.
How late do you plan to go?
Considering we are setting up at 5:00pm, we'll go as long as needed, but I'm going to shoot for a speedy run, can't promise a fast tournament though since I've been out of the TO game for a few years. I'll do my best to make it enjoyable for everyone and at a decent speed.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Also, just a side note for those of you attending. There is a pretty promising Local interest in this event, so there will be a lot of new faces to the scene. Considering veterans just looove "competition" please be kind to the newcomers and show them that our community wants them to continue to play and learn to get better. We want our community to grow, not dissipate so after all matches be sure to be kind and helpful if they ask for help.

.fube

Smash Cadet
Ok im going to bring a wii with pm, a gc with melee, and a tv

Top Bottom