• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Boku seems to defy all logic as Sonic. He's 24th in the AIB ladder, which is Wifi based (and Wifi makes timing with Sonic harder). Yet his playstyle is described as campy and spammy. How does he get away with spam as Sonic enough to get so high on the ladder? Because I only win as Sonic (especially on Wifi) when I mix up my moves as I almost always get punished for spamming spindash.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Boku seems to defy all logic as Sonic. He's 24th in the AIB ladder, which is Wifi based (and Wifi makes timing with Sonic harder). Yet his playstyle is described as campy and spammy. How does he get away with spam as Sonic enough to get so high on the ladder? Because I only win as Sonic (especially on Wifi) when I mix up my moves as I almost always get punished for spamming spindash.
You answered yourself. Boku's a joke, but the players who he's lost to are even moreso for being unable to punish what is one of the most horrible Sonic strategies available.

Oh, and WiFi makes timing with ANYONE "harder". And by harder, I mean different, against the norm that we grow accustomed to.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
1. Threads about specific people are not allowed, courtesy of the global rules.

2. Just so I don't sound like some R-tard going off-topic and getting more infractions, I'll actually respond to this thread instead sound like your grandpa.

3. Boku sucks.

4. Wi-Fi sucks.

5. Sonic sucks (meh not really).

6. The only reason he even pulls out wins is because he stalls MAD hard, and apparently he's getting all the scrubs who can't predict his Spring -> Dairs, but then that might be them + input delay. He even CPs MK occasionally if you've taken the time to read his feedback, and some other stuff I might not be aware of...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
LOLBOKU.

I didn't know that you guys knew him. xD Well, I've heard he disputes and cheats a lot, so I dunno about him getting 25th the clean way. =/

Usually he just times people out. He doesn't really...fight. He only does this to people he can't beat otherwise. That's also how he gets a lot of his wins.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
While playing on AIB (as Sonic of course) someone told me I should play Boku's Sonic... when we finally connected and started our match he just stood still. He messaged me in the chat with:

"What's the point in playing against myself?"

Wow... how ignorant can someone be? He refused to play the ditto. I ended up beating him with PK trainer.

Sagen, you should really post videos of him in the video thread and try to generate discussion there. These threads never bode well. I think it was you posting him facing a MK, but... that MK was horrible. Boku seems like a nice guy though so I'm not attacking him as a person. All I'm saying is I wasn't impressed with his Sonic.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh that reminds me, I played Boku myself once.

Nothing unusual then, just the typical Sonic ditto back at the time. Or more like that one Sonic ditto nobody wants to do. I still won in the end, probably only got close because I would mess up trying to punish his predictable playstyle.

I can't say I was exactly happy to beat him, it just rubbed me off in the wrong way...

P.S. whereas DNES still has respect for him as a person, from what I see he has a very bad attitude over the internet, and it's probably guys like him that make people headbang on the wall playing Sonic when we're the ones out there busting our a***s out there doing it the right way.

...You know I have no idea why I've gotten back on the AiBrawl ladder, but good God ATM my record is not stellar, however when/if you see people talking about me, all you (will) see is positive, semi-legit (lol Wi-Fi) compliments. I just Wi-fi was better so I could try to win.

...I dunno, maybe all the internet tough guys have left the ladder, or people are going to be in a good mood when they win/beat a Sonic, but still I'm liking it so far seeing as how I don't take it seriously when and if I lose... Hell, even if I win, I acknowledge it must be lag on their part/messing up (maybe sometimes)...

*Sigh* In-person > Wi-Fi for life.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol i saw it and for some reason, i thought OMG A RATS THREAD!

?????

Keep in mind that trying to play Sonic (or ANY character) the "legit" way with spacing and punishment- they generally don't roll out too well on wifi, unless you have timing for moves memorized and can read your opponent, much like how it seems 'higher level' players often seemed to do.

However, tactics that suck offline like spindash spam, spring D-air, laser spam, waddle dee spam, etc are amazing online, and anyone who takes advantage of these things can win more often online.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I've played him.. twice now. I 2 stock him pretty handily. He doesn't "stall" per se. He just holds his spins till he thinks the opponent has opened themselves up. Y'know how Jiggs will hold Rollout and release based on the opponent shielding a lot and TRYING not to get hit? Characters with projectiles shut him down. I won all my matches with Sonic cause I knew that all you really have to do is stand pretty far back, shield once the SD is released or punish if he jumps out early. He ALWAYS dairs after a spring. ****. Boku's cool and all. I mean.. I like the guy but Peach could probably beat him with nothing but Side B and Usmash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom