• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
If I watch either of them I'll probably do Avatar first, considering that Korra is the sequel seires...

I've only caught about....five episodes of it, thus far. I've only seen the Ninth and Tenth doctors in action.

So far though? I like both of those doctors, Rose is very likable, and the episode with the lone Dalek was beautifully done, in my opinion.
Yeah, I'd imagine that there are some things you aren't gonna get if you watch Korra first.

As for Doctor Who, that has over 800 episodes in total if I'm not mistaken. Goddamn...

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yeah, I'd imagine that there are some things you aren't gonna get if you watch Korra first.

As for Doctor Who, that has over 800 episodes if I'm not mistaken. Goddamn...

Yup, Avatar will definitely have to come first. I actually used to hate it when it first came out (Then again that's typical for me when I see trailers and previews for new shows. Almost always has been.) and I tended to ignore it, but I caught a few episodes over the years and it started growing on me. I never made the effort to try watching the whole series, so maybe I'll make that one a higher priority this summer.

And counting the original series, it definitely does. I don't know exactly how many episodes the modern, revived series has, though. For now I just intend on trying to catch up with the revived series. I find One Piece intimidating enough as it is with over 600 episodes.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

If I watch either of them I'll probably do Avatar first, considering that Korra is the sequel seires...

I've only caught about....five episodes of it, thus far. I've only seen the Ninth and Tenth doctors in action.

So far though? I like both of those doctors, Rose is very likable, and the episode with the lone Dalek was beautifully done, in my opinion.
"Dalek" is my favorite story, too <3
All of the modern doctors (9, 10, 11, and 12/ Chris Eccelston, David Tennant, Matt Smith, and Peter Capaldi) are all pretty good. However, I like 11 and 12/Matt and Peter more than the other two.

Rose is really fun in season 1! However, I didn't really like her in season 2 on.

Modern Doctor Ranking:

1. 11
2. 12

3. 10
4. 9

Main Companions:
1. Donna
2. Martha
3. Amy

4. Rose
5. Clara

Btw I'm hoping to get the other 7 replays up tomorrow. I would've done it tonight, but my brother's not letting me borrow his camera for some unknown reason.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Yup, Avatar will definitely have to come first. I actually used to hate it when it first came out (Then again that's typical for me when I see trailers and previews for new shows. Almost always has been.) and I tended to ignore it, but I caught a few episodes over the years and it started growing on me. I never made the effort to try watching the whole series, so maybe I'll make that one a higher priority this summer.
I definitely remember watching it as it aired and as it ended. Still holds up to this day.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

"Dalek" is my favorite story, too <3
All of the modern doctors (9, 10, 11, and 12/ Chris Eccelston, David Tennant, Matt Smith, and Peter Capaldi) are all pretty good. However, I like 11 and 12/Matt and Peter more than the other two.

Rose is really fun in season 1! However, I didn't really like her in season 2 on.

Modern Doctor Ranking:

1. 11
2. 12

3. 10
4. 9

Main Companions:
1. Donna
2. Martha
3. Amy

4. Rose
5. Clara

Btw I'm hoping to get the other 7 replays up tomorrow. I would've done it tonight, but my brother's not letting me borrow his camera for some unknown reason.
I can't really decide between the two doctors I've seen so far, although I've seen more of the Tenth than I have the Ninth. They're both pretty good. David Tennant's Tenth Doctor of the revived series seems to be the most popular with the fanbase, and many seem to regard the Fourth of the original as being the best overall. Not gonna let that sway my opinions of course, but I thought they were things worth mentioning.

Oh, and I look forward to the remaining replays. :p

I definitely remember watching it as it aired and as it ended. Still holds up to this day.

I can't remember exactly why I didn't like it at first....I think at the time I was just really put off by the animation style it used. I saw a few episodes and I usually liked them, but still didn't think about actively watching it for whatever reason.

Then a few years later I started to hear loads of good things about it from many people, and my curiosity was further peaked. I think I can now safely say that I regret not watching it when it was still going.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
I can't remember exactly why I didn't like it at first....I think at the time I was just really put off by the animation style it used. I saw a few episodes and I usually liked them, but still didn't think about actively watching it for whatever reason.

Then a few years later I started to hear loads of good things about it from many people, and my curiosity was further peaked. I think I can now safely say that I regret not watching it when it was still going.
It's never too late to start watching. And yeah, the style was different than what I was used to but I didn't care since I was the kind of kid that watched whatever was on.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I can't really decide between the two doctors I've seen so far, although I've seen more of the Tenth than I have the Ninth. They're both pretty good. David Tennant's Tenth Doctor of the revived series seems to be the most popular with the fanbase, and many seem to regard the Fourth of the original as being the best overall. Not gonna let that sway my opinions of course, but I thought they were things worth mentioning.

Oh, and I look forward to the remaining replays. :p
I look forward to the replays too. I just hope I can get them all uploaded before I depart for my boards break on the 2nd.

Ten is a good doctor. He's definitely up there in personality. He has that whimsicalness of 4, and identifies with the audience easily. Tennant is also a brilliant actor. I also think 10's personality is very well fleshed out. However, the single yet major reason why he's not my favorite is because of his story in season 3. Granted, I liked him in season 2, and he's amazing in season 4! Those two seasons were where 10's complete personality shined, and we got all of the traits the doctor is supposed to have: brilliance, courage, wittiness, hilariousness, intensity, and adventurousness.

However...a certain someone started to ruin his character for me....
Rose is the worst with this plot point! WARNING!

*sighs* What happens is that when 9 regenerates into 10, Rose sees the doctor as a love interest instead of a best friend. This is a problem because not ONLY does it make 10 more mopey once Rose leaves the show, but all he thinks about is how Rose had to leave him! Because of Rose's clingyness to the doctor, he can't stop thinking about Rose. He gave Martha, his new companion, the shaft at first, simply because she wasn't Rose! He would be like "oh, Rose would know what to do!" or "Oh, I wish Rose was here!" when a nice, competent, and perfectly capable human being is STANDING RIGHT BESIDE YOU.

Him being aloof and apathetic towards Martha was a big turn off for me. Yeah, I get that Rose was very important to him, but acting aloof towards someone who just wants to help is really aggrivating for me. Besides, the doctor doesn't need Rose as a love interest. As you'll find out later in the series, the doctor already has a significant other.

Due to Tennant's doctor not getting his best personality back until the Family of Blood (where he actually starts treating Martha right), that's why he turned me off in season 3. Granted, he's AWESOME in seasons 2 and 4, but season 3? Eh....

One of the reasons why Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi are my favorite modern doctors is because they always cared about their companions while not letting their priorities fall out of alignment. Smith was still the whimsical, kooky doctor, but he still cared for Amy very deeply. At the same time though, he didn't whine about troubles that they would face together. He simply moved on, which is what the doctor's character is supposed to do- focus on the future and protect the universe at all costs, and not letting your own selfish, disoriented, pouty feelings get in the way. Also, while 11 may be a huge goof in seasons 5 and 6, his personality turns pretty dark in season 7 due to *shocking events*. He's definitely got awesome character development. Yeah, Matt Smith isn't as strong of an actor as Tennant, Capaldi, or Eccelston, but he's still pretty decent.

Anyway, 11 has AMAZING development, and not only that, but there are many other reasons why I adore 11: intelligent yet wacky, fun-loving, adventurous, caring about his companions, yet can also become easily frustrated and pushes his emotions back into his head until they all spill out at the worst times. Not only is his character fun and dynamic, but he reminds me of my real life self a bit.

Capaldi handles his character just as well, if not better than Smith, because he (12) cynical and tough in personality, yet he does indeed care for the people around him. Capaldi can portray this character very well, and Capaldi's doctor is darn good because he gives off a two-sided, complicated personality that's dynamic and always fun to watch- all the time. Peter Capaldi is a solid actor!

Anyway, David Tennant's doctor is definitely a good one, but with his season 3 persona, he will most likely never be my absolute favorite doctor. I do like him, yes- but I find him a tad overrated due to him losing a bit of the best part of his character over some jealous, clingy, immature girl (and yes, I'm not talking about season 1 Rose here. Season 1 Rose was awesome. I'm talking about season 2 Rose here).

With that being said, now that you mentioned one of the classic doctors, I'm gonna rank them all!

1. Matt Smith/11
2. Tom Baker/4
3. Peter Capaldi/12

4. David Tennant/10
5. Jon Pertwee/3
6. William Hartnell/1
7. Chris Eccelston/9

8. Patrick Troughton/2
9. Colin Baker/6
10. John Hurt/War

11. Sylvester McCoy/7
12. Paul McGann/8
13. Peter Davison/5

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It's never too late to start watching. And yeah, the style was different than what I was used to but I didn't care since I was the kind of kid that watched whatever was on.

I don't intend on letting procrastination (which is something I seem to excel in) stop me this time. I'll have it finished by the end of this summer at the very least if not earlier. Still, following a show when it's still new and/or active tends to be a very different experience. You get hooked on it, start to actively wait for new episodes air, excited to see what happens next, and then bid it a bittersweet farewell when it finally concludes a few years later (as long as it retains it's quality throughout most of it's lifetime, at least. And as long as it doesn't end up in a position like that of two current Nickelodeon shows....). That being said, I don't think I'd enjoy it any less now because of that, but I feel like it's one of those good shows I really missed out on experiencing in that way. Ah well, I digress. I won't let that stop me from watching and enjoying it over this summer.

I've always been a bit....picky, when it comes to shows, especially when I was super young. Anime in particular was something I used to really dislike as a little kid. My mother hated it even more and made sure that I never watched any shows of that style, including Pokemon and the like.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
I don't intend on letting procrastination (which is something I seem to excel in) stop me this time. I'll have it finished by the end of this summer at the very least if not earlier. Still, following a show when it's still new and/or active tends to be a very different experience. You get hooked on it, start to actively wait for new episodes air, excited to see what happens next, and then bid it a bittersweet farewell when it finally concludes a few years later (as long as it retains it's quality throughout most of it's lifetime, at least. And as long as it doesn't end up in a position like that of two current Nickelodeon shows....). That being said, I don't think I'd enjoy it any less now because of that, but I feel like it's one of those good shows I really missed out on experiencing in that way. Ah well, I digress. I won't let that stop me from watching and enjoying it over this summer.

I've always been a bit....picky, when it comes to shows, especially when I was super young. Anime in particular was something I used to really dislike as a little kid. My mother hated it even more and made sure that I never watched any shows of that style, including Pokemon and the like.
Well hey, I missed out on Gravity Falls for most of its run so you're not alone in that regard. I was never very picky with what I watched though I did run into some awful crap on occasion and I did avoid those painfully bland Disney sitcoms because even I had standards. As for anime... meh. Don't care for it though I did watch the Pokemon anime way back when I was younger for reasons that I don't need to explain.

And I might rewatch all of Gravity Falls during the summer just for the fun of it. Oh, and that other show too, can't forget about that.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
148 Rocks that look like a face rocks.

I look forward to the replays too. I just hope I can get them all uploaded before I depart for my boards break on the 2nd.

Ten is a good doctor. He's definitely up there in personality. He has that whimsicalness of 4, and identifies with the audience easily. Tennant is also a brilliant actor. I also think 10's personality is very well fleshed out. However, the single yet major reason why he's not my favorite is because of his story in season 3. Granted, I liked him in season 2, and he's amazing in season 4! Those two seasons were where 10's complete personality shined, and we got all of the traits the doctor is supposed to have: brilliance, courage, wittiness, hilariousness, intensity, and adventurousness.

However...a certain someone started to ruin his character for me....
Rose is the worst with this plot point! WARNING!

*sighs* What happens is that when 9 regenerates into 10, Rose sees the doctor as a love interest instead of a best friend. This is a problem because not ONLY does it make 10 more mopey once Rose leaves the show, but all he thinks about is how Rose had to leave him! Because of Rose's clingyness to the doctor, he can't stop thinking about Rose. He gave Martha, his new companion, the shaft at first, simply because she wasn't Rose! He would be like "oh, Rose would know what to do!" or "Oh, I wish Rose was here!" when a nice, competent, and perfectly capable human being is STANDING RIGHT BESIDE YOU.

Him being aloof and apathetic towards Martha was a big turn off for me. Yeah, I get that Rose was very important to him, but acting aloof towards someone who just wants to help is really aggrivating for me. Besides, the doctor doesn't need Rose as a love interest. As you'll find out later in the series, the doctor already has a significant other.

Due to Tennant's doctor not getting his best personality back until the Family of Blood (where he actually starts treating Martha right), that's why he turned me off in season 3. Granted, he's AWESOME in seasons 2 and 4, but season 3? Eh....

One of the reasons why Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi are my favorite modern doctors is because they always cared about their companions while not letting their priorities fall out of alignment. Smith was still the whimsical, kooky doctor, but he still cared for Amy very deeply. At the same time though, he didn't whine about troubles that they would face together. He simply moved on, which is what the doctor's character is supposed to do- focus on the future and protect the universe at all costs, and not letting your own selfish, disoriented, pouty feelings get in the way. Also, while 11 may be a huge goof in seasons 5 and 6, his personality turns pretty dark in season 7 due to *shocking events*. He's definitely got awesome character development. Yeah, Matt Smith isn't as strong of an actor as Tennant, Capaldi, or Eccelston, but he's still pretty decent.

Anyway, 11 has AMAZING development, and not only that, but there are many other reasons why I adore 11: intelligent yet wacky, fun-loving, adventurous, caring about his companions, yet can also become easily frustrated and pushes his emotions back into his head until they all spill out at the worst times. Not only is his character fun and dynamic, but he reminds me of my real life self a bit.

Capaldi handles his character just as well, if not better than Smith, because he (12) cynical and tough in personality, yet he does indeed care for the people around him. Capaldi can portray this character very well, and Capaldi's doctor is darn good because he gives off a two-sided, complicated personality that's dynamic and always fun to watch- all the time. Peter Capaldi is a solid actor!

Anyway, David Tennant's doctor is definitely a good one, but with his season 3 persona, he will most likely never be my absolute favorite doctor. I do like him, yes- but I find him a tad overrated due to him losing a bit of the best part of his character over some jealous, clingy, immature girl (and yes, I'm not talking about season 1 Rose here. Season 1 Rose was awesome. I'm talking about season 2 Rose here).

With that being said, now that you mentioned one of the classic doctors, I'm gonna rank them all!

1. Matt Smith/11
2. Tom Baker/4
3. Peter Capaldi/12

4. David Tennant/10
5. Jon Pertwee/3
6. William Hartnell/1
7. Chris Eccelston/9

8. Patrick Troughton/2
9. Colin Baker/6
10. John Hurt/War

11. Sylvester McCoy/7
12. Paul McGann/8
13. Peter Davison/5
Hmm. Although my knowledge of the show is very limited I still think I can say that this is a pretty thorough and well thought out analysis. Nice work! It's yet another great analysis of yours. And yeah, I avoided that one extra spoiler. I still want to find out everything that happens myself. :p

If I ever get around to watching every single episode (excluding the unfortunately lost episodes from the earliest parts of the show's life. At the time episodes were pretty much only a one-time thing, they'd air once and that was it. A lot of the episodes had either been misplaced, destroyed or possibly even sold since then.) I think I could rank all of the Doctors myself. Don't expect that to happen anytime soon of course lol

Well hey, I missed out on Gravity Falls for most of its run so you're not alone in that regard. I was never very picky with what I watched though I did run into some awful crap on occasion and I did avoid those painfully bland Disney sitcoms because even I had standards. As for anime... meh. Don't care for it though I did watch the Pokemon anime way back when I was younger for reasons that I don't need to explain.

And I might rewatch all of Gravity Falls during the summer just for the fun of it. Oh, and that other show too, can't forget about that.

Ah, that is true. It's better to watch something great closer to it's end or even long after it has ended than to miss out on it entirely.

Yeah, avoiding those sitcoms was definitely a good decision. Those were things I avoided too. I will however admit to liking some sitcoms, but they were mostly outside of Disney (my favorite one was Nick's Drake & Josh). As a kid, I disliked live-action shows for the most part and refused to even try watching any of them. I've become more open to the live-action shows in my teen years, but most of them are more serious shows, to some extent at least. Sitcoms are still.....eh. I find a lot of them either bland or just personally not to my liking. I used to dislike the Pokemon anime as little kid as I said, but I developed a bit of a soft-spot for it over a few years, whereas I still disliked pretty much every other anime that I tried watching.

I might do that too. I've rarely done re-watches of anything unless a marathon of it is on, so that's a given, but combine the fact that Gravity Falls is my favorite show with it only having 40 episodes (which isn't that many to watch) I'm more than willing to go ahead with it.

Oh, and what's that "other show", you're referring to, by the way? :p

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
148 Rocks that look like a face rocks.

Hmm. Although my knowledge of the show is very limited I still think I can say that this is a pretty thorough and well thought out analysis. Nice work! It's yet another great analysis of yours. And yeah, I avoided that one extra spoiler. I still want to find out everything that happens myself. :p

If I ever get around to watching every single episode (excluding the unfortunately lost episodes from the earliest parts of the show's life. At the time episodes were pretty much only a one-time thing, they'd air once and that was it. A lot of the episodes had either been misplaced, destroyed or possibly even sold since then.) I think I could rank all of the Doctors myself. Don't expect that to happen anytime soon of course lol
Thanks for the compliment!

And yeah, it's best to keep that spoiler closed. Once you watch season 3, then you can open it without fear and see what I mean.
Doctors 4 and 3 have a ton of great stories, btw. Even though they are retro, I would recommend buying some of their best stories. I know that Tom Baker/4th's "Genesis of the Daleks" is BRILLIANT.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Thanks for the compliment!

And yeah, it's best to keep that spoiler closed. Once you watch season 3, then you can open it without fear and see what I mean.
Doctors 4 and 3 have a ton of great stories, btw. Even though they are retro, I would recommend buying some of their best stories. I know that Tom Baker/4th's "Genesis of the Daleks" is BRILLIANT.
I'll keep this page handy for when I've finished season 3. I might even directly reply to it again just to touch up on the point(s) you brought up. :p

Some day or another, I'll watch everything that is available of the original series....but the revived series is my main priority for now.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Yeah, avoiding those sitcoms was definitely a good decision. Those were things I avoided too. I will however admit to liking some sitcoms, but they were mostly outside of Disney (my favorite one was Nick's Drake & Josh). As a kid, I disliked live-action shows for the most part and refused to even try watching any of them. I've become more open to the live-action shows in my teen years, but most of them are more serious shows, to some extent at least. Sitcoms are still.....eh. I find a lot of them either bland or just personally not to my liking. I used to dislike the Pokemon anime as little kid as I said, but I developed a bit of a soft-spot for it over a few years, whereas I still disliked pretty much every other anime that I tried watching.
Drake & Josh was definitely one of the better sitcoms I watched on Nick, it was enjoyable. I don't watch sitcoms nowadays because of how flat the jokes are and the over reliance on laugh tracks. And yeah, the Pokemon anime was fun to watch but boy it had some extremely stupid **** in it.
Oh, and what's that "other show", you're referring to, by the way? :p
*points to the left of this post or up if you're on mobile... I think*

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Just wrote a wall of text thanking people.
I feel pretty fuzzy inside, right now.

...Wait wait wait I forgot about plop. Ugh... Why is it I always forget one small detail?

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
SO, MATE

I SEE YOU REALIZED WHO SUPERIOR OVERWATCH CHARACTER IS JUDGING BY THAT PROF PIC, HMMMM?
Catch phrase!

Note: I actually use 4 characters as of this post; along with Reinhardt, I also use Widowmaker, Reaper, and Soldier: 76.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Drake & Josh was definitely one of the better sitcoms I watched on Nick, it was enjoyable. I don't watch sitcoms nowadays because of how flat the jokes are and the over reliance on laugh tracks. And yeah, the Pokemon anime was fun to watch but boy it had some extremely stupid **** in it.
Come to think of it, if there was ever a sitcom I'd do a re-watch of, it would be Drake & Josh. It was one of the Nick shows I grew up with to be honest, and considering that it's been a very long time that I've watched any episodes of it....it'd be nice to go through the show again.

I liked a few episodes from the first few Pokemon anime series, mostly the original. I remember watching a marathon of the original. I met with my cousin a few times during that marathon, and she adored the original series, but absolutely hated every one that came after it and many of the new characters they introduced.

*points to the left of this post or up if you're on mobile... I think*

Ah lol

I'd like to do a re-watch marathon of MLP sometime, but that one is a bit harder for me to do than it would be for other shows.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

I never really watched sitcoms when I was young, but the one I remember the most would probably be Drake and Josh. Like, the show was pretty much ok. I was kinda too occupied with watching Spongebob to care much about sitcoms, anyway.

I mean, nowadays Nick sitcoms are just utter garbage. I remember seeing this one episode of the Thundermanns, and apparently they were trying to get the baby to smile so it could go along with a plotpoint. Something about it making bubbles or something. This baby just had a regular poker face, looking extremely bored and not wanting to be there. So they kinda just skipped ahead and did some stupid-looking bubble animation with baby laughing soundbyte and went, "Oh, look! The baby's happy! It's smiling!" I mean come on, that's just utterly stupid.

I'm just not a big fan of more recent sitcoms nowadays.

Top Bottom