• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Because I was going to use a strategy for the mentioned tournament involving Manaphy and this shiny Yveltal I got from my X and wanted to see how it would do :lol:
ahh. that sounds neat.
If it were Shaymin instead of Manaphy(who's next month Pokemon actually) I may think about getting back into ubers. I remember resetting a bunch to get a decent nature on Reshiram,Tornadus,and Azelf,and I got my wish.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Speaking of ensembles, how about the four temperament ensemble?
Though, the real one is more of a mix between 2 of the four, with a higher and a lower (leading to a total combination of 16 different types) im still curious who would fit closest to the pures.

Which people do you think match which temperaments?

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
ahh. that sounds neat.
If it were Shaymin instead of Manaphy(who's next month Pokemon actually) I may think about getting back into ubers. I remember resetting and bunch to get a decent nature on Reshiram,Tornadus,and Azelf,and I got my wish.

It's pretty much calm mind, acid armor then heart swap them onto Yveltal. I thought about tail glow but I wanted Sp def buffs as well :ohwell:

Also the Yveltal is 4iv and calm :lol: (Attack, def, sp attack, and Sp Def) 15 for HP and 28 for speed

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
BTW KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms I have a final ranking of the Soul Eater main cast. This gives you a view of what I think of each character:

1. Soul
2. Death the Kid

3. Liz
4. Tsubaki
5. Black Star
6. Patty
7. Maka

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

BTW KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms I have a final ranking of the Soul Eater main cast. This gives you a view of what I think of each character:

1. Soul
2. Death the Kid

3. Liz
4. Tsubaki
5. Black Star
6. Patty
7. Maka
Maka's still at the bottom, eh?

If she's really that bad throughout the show, then....bleh. That's a shame. I rather liked what I saw of her in the first episode myself.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Which people do you think match which temperaments?
Well off the top of my head
Me, Melancholic (phlegmatic as the lesser)
Katt, sanguine (choleric as the lesser)
Uni, sanguine (melancholic or choleric as the lesser)
King, phlegmatic (sanguine as the lesser)
Ken, phlegmatic (melancholic or pure phlegmatic as the lesser)
Zm, phlegmatic (pure phlegmatic as the lesser)
Golden, choleric (sanguine as the lesser)
Plop, melancholic (sanguine as the lesser)

And thats what i got on first thoughts, could be wrong though if i think about it more.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Simple: Why do we still count?
Is it to reach some goal? Or is it to get revenge?
We're trying to give new life.

Who's to say these Bob-ombs are actually all just here to apply to Bowser's army?

The mods could be destroying innocent lifeforms through their actions.

Our actions may be in vain, but we refuse to give up hope. Also, why did we start counting at all in the first place if it wasn't always about "revenge"?

...or maybe all these Bob-ombs are meant to destroy planet Earth and we just keep obliviously offering an endless supply of them to some evil overlord. I don't know.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

We're trying to give new life.

Who's to say these Bob-ombs are actually all just here to apply to Bowser's army?

The mods could be destroying innocent lifeforms through their actions.

Our actions may be in vain, but we refuse to give up hope. Also, why did we start counting at all in the first place if it wasn't always about "revenge"?

...or maybe all these Bob-ombs are meant to destroy planet Earth and we just keep obliviously offering an endless supply of them to some evil overlord. I don't know.
Or... Maybe they say they're blowing up Bob-ombs but really they're hiding them away for some doomsday device.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Maka's still at the bottom, eh?

If she's really that bad throughout the show, then....bleh. That's a shame. I rather liked what I saw of her in the first episode myself.
She's not THAT bad. I do have negative feelings about her, but they aren't extreme. That's why her name is red instead of a deep red/maroon. While I did like her at first, her characters falls into poor development. She's rootable and likable at first, but then becomes a generic tsundere, then a mary sue, then back to the tsundere, then pulls deux ex machinas in the 2nd half of the series. The mix of mary sues and tsunderes doe NOT bode with me well. Granted, she's not a terrible character (like Excalibur :rolleyes::mad:), but I still find her below average for a protagonist, and a character.

LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf Concerning the temperaments, I can see a lot of them. For me personally, I switch back and forth between Sanguine and Melancholic. I'm very analytical like the Melancholic, but also enthusiastic and friendly like the Sanguine. I think I have traits from both of these temperaments, even though they are pretty opposite.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Or... Maybe they say they're blowing up Bob-ombs but really they're hiding them away for some doomsday device.
.....How will we ever find out if they're the true heroes or the true threat here?

She's not THAT bad. I do have negative feelings about her, but they aren't extreme. That's why her name is red instead of a deep red/maroon. While I did like her at first, her characters falls into poor development. She's rootable and likable at first, but then becomes a generic tsundere, then a mary sue, then back to the tsundere, then pulls deux ex machinas in the 2nd half of the series. The mix of mary sues and tsunderes doe NOT bode with me well. Granted, she's not a terrible character (like Excalibur :rolleyes::mad:), but I still find her below average for a protagonist, and a character.
Hmm....kinda sounds like multiple cases of Flanderization. And if that's the case that really sucks.

Who knows, maybe I'll see her a bit differently, but if she really does grow to be generic later on....

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf Concerning the temperaments, I can see a lot of them. For me personally, I switch back and forth between Sanguine and Melancholic. I'm very analytical like the Melancholic, but also enthusiastic and friendly like the Sanguine. I think I have traits from both of these temperaments, even though they are pretty opposite.
If thats the case then i see you as a sanguine, with melancholic as the lesser. To me the sanguine is very obvious with people qualities being shown with the melancholic being downplayed from being just more analytical or piratical means. Thats how i see it i suppose

And thats quite common, in fact most people usually have a mix of two different temperaments, pures are usually more uncommon. Even mixes of choleric and phlegmatic, or sanguine and melancholic do happen, you just have traits of both, their just mixed nothing more nothing less. Though i remember reading somewhere that says whoever has a mix of opposites (doesn't matter which is higher or lessor) usually tend to be more well rounded people. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Hmm....kinda sounds like multiple cases of Flanderization. And if that's the case that really sucks.

Who knows, maybe I'll see her a bit differently, but if she really does grow to be generic later on....
Besides, she gets much better character development in the manga in which she is NOT a Mary Sue and does indeed have a significant flaw: envy.

In one of the manga story arcs, the core 7 needs to go on a quest through an environment controlled by the seven deadly sins. The sin that gets to Maka the most is envy. She has envy as her personality flaw because it's explained that she, while being sociable and easy to get along with, envies others that can build relationships through common interests. Due to Maka having limited interests, she becomes envious of others. This especially bothers her when she realizes that her own personality flaw harms her relationship with Soul, her own partner! One of Soul's passions is music (which can be seen a little bit in the anime concerning his great skills with the piano). Not being able to relate to Soul in something as basic yet awesome as music tears her up, and we get to see her wrestle through her own character flaw of envy.

Maka's character in the manga is not only decently deep as a protagonist, but we see her struggles in order to keep her relationship with Soul alive. It's greatness! Anime Maka, on the other hand, never gets any personality flaws. She simply becomes wish fulfillment the longer the series goes on. In the anime, Soul would've been a MUCH better main protagonist because he has personality flaws and character development that are significant and very important to the plot. Maka? She doesn't have that in the anime. She's not deep or interesting, or that likable even. She becomes shallow and boring.

Now this isn't to ruin your opinion on the series. Please watch it! It's still really good. Although, I do find Maka to be weak in being a main character, and Soul should've had the main protagonist role in the anime. Besides, Maka's not bad for the first half, but once the second half hits...that's when my opinion on Maka really went downhill. She was on par with the "decent" tier at first with Tsubaki, but now Tsubaki, Black Star, and Patty have all surpassed her in likability once the anime ended.

LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf That's a good point, Kon, and I would agree. My sanguine side guides my personality most of the time, but my melancholic side kicks in whenever I'm explaining something, teaching, or I'm in the classroom.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
114 lonely threads

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms
Have you checked out the rest of Soul Eater yet?
Not yet, no.

Actually, you know what? I'm gonna make it a goal of mine to catch up on a few shows on my backlog during this summer if not more, I've been putting all of them off for way too long. I'll start with Soul Eater again in a few days, it's one of the two I've wanted to catch up with the most lately.

Other priority shows:

2: Steven Universe
3: RWBY
4: Doctor Who (this one is a bit iffy for me since it's been going on for much longer than the others, plus single episodes run for about an hour.)
5: Possibly Avatar or Korra.

115 things I'll be doing in a few days.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Not yet, no.

Actually, you know what? I'm gonna make it a goal of mine to catch up on a few shows on my backlog during this summer if not more, I've been putting all of them off for way too long. I'll start with Soul Eater again in a few days, it's one of the two I've wanted to catch up with the most lately.

Other priority shows:

2: Steven Universe
3: RWBY
4: Doctor Who (this one is a bit iffy for me since it's been going on for much longer than the others, plus single episodes run for about an hour.)
5: Possibly Avatar or Korra.

115 things I'll be doing in a few days.
That's aight. I can wait.

btw it's great to hear that you watch Dr. Who! Who's your favorite doctor, companion, and what's your favorite story/episode?

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Of course I still need to get around to watching Korra but knowing me I'll probably do entire series rewatches instead of actually watching something I haven't watched before.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

If I watch either of them I'll probably do Avatar first, considering that Korra is the sequel seires...

That's aight. I can wait.

btw it's great to hear that you watch Dr. Who! Who's your favorite doctor, companion, and what's your favorite story/episode?
I've only caught about....five episodes of it, thus far. I've only seen the Ninth and Tenth doctors in action.

So far though? I like both of those doctors, Rose is very likable, and the episode with the lone Dalek was beautifully done, in my opinion.

Top Bottom