• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
4 Bob-ombs.
What do you not get?
Well, you see bub.
Let's look back at said post.
And, let's bring in the other half as well.

Hammer time.
All right. Now judging by said post, it's meant to reference that One Hit Wonder song called "Can't Touch This" by the "MC" of Hammers. But, there seems to be an underlying meaning. I mean, there isn't a reason to just state it out of nowhere.

It could be referencing how MC Hammer failed in his career. Is it saying "we failed" just like him? And why? Because he posted? Sure, it's part of the rules, but when we get knock down, we get up again. As none are going to bring us down. Oh well, at least it gives Frost of Wraiths a false sense of hope.
Or said lyrics appear right before a instrumental solo. Does he want us to dance? And if so, how can we? Skype? Does Frost even have Skype? And why us? I, for one, am a terrible dancer. Why would Frost want us to dance if we can't? And why thus song? It's okay, but it doesn't make my pants want to as they say, "get up and dance" by far.

And maybe the stop sign is saying something. Like "stop posting Bob-ombs". But if that's the case, then why is "Hammer time" there?
And what does "Hammer time" even mean? We don't have hammers. And if I recall correctly there isn't a day celebrating hammers? Maybe it has something to do with the above post?
In any case, I'll have to look into this. I have to be missing something! I just know it!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
4 Bob-ombs.

Well, you see bub.
Let's look back at said post.

And, let's bring in the other half as well.

All right. Now judging by said post, it's meant to reference that One Hit Wonder song called "Can't Touch This" by the "MC" of Hammers. But, there seems to be an underlying meaning. I mean, there isn't a reason to just state it out of nowhere.

It could be referencing how MC Hammer failed in his career. Is it saying "we failed" just like him? And why? Because he posted? Sure, it's part of the rules, but when we get knock down, we get up again. As none are going to bring us down. Oh well, at least it gives Frost of Wraiths a false sense of hope.
Or said lyrics appear right before a instrumental solo. Does he want us to dance? And if so, how can we? Skype? Does Frost even have Skype? And why us? I, for one, am a terrible dancer. Why would Frost want us to dance if we can't? And why thus song? It's okay, but it doesn't make my pants want to as they say, "get up and dance" by far.

And maybe the stop sign is saying something. Like "stop posting Bob-ombs". But if that's the case, then why is "Hammer time" there?
And what does "Hammer time" even mean? We don't have hammers. And if I recall correctly there isn't a day celebrating hammers? Maybe it has something to do with the above post?
In any case, I'll have to look into this. I have to be missing something! I just know it!
Here's what you're missing: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EveryoneIsJesusInPurgatory

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
ボム兵を数えれ。;)
I guess.
But I mean, symbolism can go a long way. And go in different paths.
See, when trying to find a meaning, you have to look at all angles. From one side, to another, while mixing both together. Just one side could end up missing the point. The more answers the better.
MC Hammer could mean a bunch of things. You'd need to look into the life, peak, decline, and his work in order to find the full picture.
That's the symbolic way.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I guess.
But I mean, symbolism can go a long way. And go in different paths.
See, when trying to find a meaning, you have to look at all angles. From one side, to another, while mixing both together. Just one side could end up missing the point. The more answers the better.
MC Hammer could mean a bunch of things. You'd need to look into the life, peak, decline, and his work in order to find the full picture.
That's the symbolic way.
ボム = Bomb
兵 = Soldier
ボム兵 is the Japanese name of Bob-ombs.
を = Object particle
数えよ = Imperative form of 数える, which is the verb "to count".

What's so symbolic about a simple phrase written in Japanese?

Trying to find deeper meanings in my posts will lead you nowhere.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
ボム = Bomb
兵 = Soldier
ボム兵 is the Japanese name of Bob-ombs.
を = Object particle
数えよ = Imperative form of 数える, which is the verb "to count".

What's so symbolic about a simple phrase written in Japanese?

Trying to find deeper meanings in my posts will lead you nowhere.
"Why?" You ask? Well...
I use the same valued logic an English teacher would use (or the fine man across the street shouting the world is about to end, I'm not finicky). And I firmly believe there's meaning to everything. You don't just "post" for no reason, there's a meaning behind everything we post. Whether it's obvious or not. It's there. Sometimes it's rather obvious, other times it a tad difficult. Like a hard crust you have to get through in order to get into the center.

For example, you post in Japanese represents a past conversation we had. Referring to my lack of knowledge in multiple languages that aren't English.
The ";)" face gives proof to that very reference. Representing that it's meant to be taken with humor, and it's up to me to remember that conversation to get said reference.
But, there's something else. The "Bob-ombs". Which refers to this very thread. Where users post in order to reach a certain amount before a moderator and administrator interrupts said game. It's not that hard, sometimes a little thinking and a little note can do that. And end up opening the door to the meaning.

Now, you may have remembered that sentence referring to "fine man across the street shouting the world is about to end". Well, there's something there as well.
Despite my knowledge, I tend to be pushed off as "weird" or "insane". Because of this, I'm put in the class of "clown". Not that I mind, humor can do well for many.
Sometimes a small anecdote can do more than a simple lecture. I've seen it myself.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
"Why?" You ask? Well...
I use the same valued logic an English teacher would use (or the fine man across the street shouting the world is about to end, I'm not finicky). And I firmly believe there's meaning to everything. You don't just "post" for no reason, there's a meaning behind everything we post. Whether it's obvious or not. It's there. Sometimes it's rather obvious, other times it a tad difficult. Like a hard crust you have to get through in order to get into the center.
You know, I kind of hate the idea that "everything must have some deep, unexplained meaning behind it". It's sometimes illogical and a waste of time.

For example, you post in Japanese represents a past conversation we had. Referring to my lack of knowledge in multiple languages that aren't English.
The ";)" face gives proof to that very reference. Representing that it's meant to be taken with humor, and it's up to me to remember that conversation to get said reference.
But, there's something else. The "Bob-ombs". Which refers to this very thread. Where users post in order to reach a certain amount before a moderator and administrator interrupts said game. It's not that hard, sometimes a little thinking and a little note can do that. And end up opening the door to the meaning.
Don't you think that me posting in Japanese at times is a way for me to practice Japanese writing?

I am learning Japanese, after all.

Now, you may have remembered that sentence referring to "fine man across the street shouting the world is about to end". Well, there's something there as well.
Despite my knowledge, I tend to be pushed off as "weird" or "insane". Because of this, I'm put in the class of "clown". Not that I mind, humor can do well for many.
Sometimes a small anecdote can do more than a simple lecture. I've seen it myself.
Yeah, weird describes you well.

This thread's purpose? Lol I don't even know, so much convo going on

1 bob-omb
Hand it to MisterVideoGaming to find symbolism where it doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, I kind of hate the idea that "everything must have some deep, unexplained meaning behind it". It's sometimes illogical and a waste of time.
It's fun though. And it allows me to make unnecessary posts about nonsense.

I once gave a 5-6 four sentence rhyme poem (and mind you I suck at poetry) to Lonekon over one question to something that didn't even happen.
I do it because it's something one just doesn't expect. Especially from me.

Don't you think that me posting in Japanese at times is a way for me to practice Japanese writing?
I am learning Japanese, after all.[/quote]
You have your conclusions, and I have mine.

Yeah, weird describes you well.
Trust me when I say you don't even know the half of it.

Hand it to MisterVideoGaming to find symbolism where it doesn't exist.
I try my best! :awesome:

This thread's purpose? Lol I don't even know, so much convo going on
We tend to do that. Quite a bit actually.

This isn't the place to talking, lol. Still, pretty interesting stuff.

The Forum Games social thread could use the posts though. :p
We have one of those? Huh.
Well, the more you know...

Though to be serious I don't mind a little conversation. It keeps a thread goin'.
And I'm not sure why it's this thread of all places that brings up discussions. Coincidence I guess.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This isn't the place to talking, lol. Still, pretty interesting stuff.

The Forum Games social thread could use the posts though. :p

1 mod-omb.

Top Bottom