• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

You guys must have computers that can talk and convert all visible text to sound, reading out loud all caps-locked text as though it was someone actually shouting the sentences. How can I tell? Since when does text make noise? Once again, I can't hear a thing.:dazwa:

Good to hear, doing good myself. And Texas has another bout of bad weather once again, I'd imagine you've heard about it by now.
I'm certain you're referring to Hurricane Harvey.

If you say you're doing good right now, I'd imagine your area is safe enough from the storm at least.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Text to speech :p
...fair enough I suppose lol

I couldn't help but make the joke anyway.

I'm way far from it, I'm fine. Houston is badly flooded though, like, damn.
I'm very glad to hear that you're safe from it.

As for the parts of the state that are being affected by it ....I always feel terrible for everyone who's in area getting hit by one of these things. Destruction and plenty of other bad things are bound to occur whenever a tropical storm shows up.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
19 e-reader add-ons

...fair enough I suppose lol

I couldn't help but make the joke anyway.
True.
I'm very glad to hear that you're safe from it.

As for the parts of the state that are being affected by it ....I always feel terrible for everyone who's in area getting hit by one of these things. Destruction and plenty of other bad things are bound to occur whenever a tropical storm shows up.
Yeah, it's bad for everyone in those areas. Destroyed homes, lost pets, and having to rebuild when it settles down just sucks. There's also the fact that the water in those floods also contains chemicals and other toxic **** so matters are worse.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yeah, it's bad for everyone in those areas. Destroyed homes, lost pets, and having to rebuild when it settles down just sucks. There's also the fact that the water in those floods also contains chemicals and other toxic **** so matters are worse.
And that's just some of the awful things that can happen because of a storm.

Ugh. It sounds worse than I thought in this case. How'd that happen? Whatever the cause, I hope the chemicals don't affect the environment or anything else too horribly...

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

AMIIBO BEFORE AMIIBO?!
YES! THERE WERE LIKE 17 GAMES THAT WERE EITHER PART OF THE E-READER OR COMPATIBLE WITH THE E-READER. THERE WERE A FEW GAMES IN NORTH AMERICA THAT HAD GAMES THAT SUPPORTED THE E-READER BUT JAPAN HAD MORE, NOT THAT MUCH MORE BUT MORE NONETHELESS. SOME OF THE GAMES COMPATIBLE INCLUDE POKEMON RUBY AND SAPPHIRE, ANIMAL CROSSING, MEGA MAN ZERO 3 (JAPAN EXCLUSIVE AS IT WAS REMOVED IN THE WESTERN RELEASE BUT WAS IMPLEMENTED IN THE ZERO COLLECTION IN THE FORM OF MOD CARDS), AND MORE.
And that's just some of the awful things that can happen because of a storm.

Ugh. It sounds worse than I thought in this case. How'd that happen? Whatever the cause, I hope the chemicals don't affect the environment or anything else too horribly...
That's just kind of part of it really, floods can cause chemicals to overflow up onto the surface and cause problems. There's a reason flood water usually isn't clear, various things are in that water and they're usually bad things too.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
YES! THERE WERE LIKE 17 GAMES THAT WERE EITHER PART OF THE E-READER OR COMPATIBLE WITH THE E-READER. THERE WERE A FEW GAMES IN NORTH AMERICA THAT HAD GAMES THAT SUPPORTED THE E-READER BUT JAPAN HAD MORE, NOT THAT MUCH MORE BUT MORE NONETHELESS. SOME OF THE GAMES COMPATIBLE INCLUDE POKEMON RUBY AND SAPPHIRE, ANIMAL CROSSING, MEGA MAN ZERO 3 (JAPAN EXCLUSIVE AS IT WAS REMOVED IN THE WESTERN RELEASE BUT WAS IMPLEMENTED IN THE ZERO COLLECTION IN THE FORM OF MOD CARDS), AND MORE.
Okay, all this yelling is giving me a headache...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

That's just kind of part of it really, floods can cause chemicals to overflow up onto the surface and cause problems. There's a reason flood water usually isn't clear, various things are in that water and they're usually bad things too.
It did occur to me that something along those lines might be the reason, but I wasn't totally sure. That wasn't something I previously knew about storms/floods. Hearing it now though, it makes sense.

That said, for the sake of everyone there I'm hoping the flood doesn't last too long.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

It did occur to me that something along those lines might be the reason, but I wasn't totally sure. That wasn't something I previously knew about storms/floods. Hearing it now though, it makes sense.

That said, for the sake of everyone there I'm hoping the flood doesn't last too long.
I hope so too, but I think it might be a bit before the water stops rising. Either way, the damage is going to be massive; Houston has the 4th largest population of any city in the U.S. and is the 9th largest city by area, so the damages will also be very costly and that's not even taking into consideration the other cities also affected by the storm. The end results aren't going to be pretty...

AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, Houston will likely be seeing a few more days worth of rain.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I hope so too, but I think it might be a bit before the water stops rising. Either way, the damage is going to be massive; Houston has the 4th largest population of any city in the U.S. and is the 9th largest city by area, so the damages will also be very costly and that's not even taking into consideration the other cities also affected by the storm. The end results aren't going to be pretty...

AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, Houston will likely be seeing a few more days worth of rain.
...yeah, things aren't looking good.

Sadly one always has to expect very bad things to happen whenever a tropical storm turns up. The most I can really do is hope they can recover from the damages as soon as possible. And that's just as far as structural and environmental damage go. It's no secret that worse things than that can happen to people in the presence of powerful storm.... And yes, I can't doubt that it's going to be very costly for them to repair and recover from this one.

So these floods are likely going to last a few more days...

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

...yeah, things aren't looking good.

Sadly one always has to expect very bad things to happen whenever a tropical storm turns up. The most I can really do is hope they can recover from the damages as soon as possible. And that's just as far as structural and environmental damage go. It's no secret that worse things than that can happen to people in the presence of powerful storm.... And yes, I can't doubt that it's going to be very costly for them to repair and recover from this one.

So these floods are likely going to last a few more days...
Yeah true, though the amount of flooding was unexpected as it just keeps going.

Yup, and here's an example of how much it's been flooding:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yeah true, though the amount of flooding was unexpected as it just keeps going.

Yup, and here's an example of how much it's been flooding:
Yeesh.

The fact that stuff like this is even possible is unnerving to me. That enough water can just totally fill up parts of the Earth like this, even if temporarily. It's a common place for traffic one day but when a storm arrives it can rather easily be turned into a giant river. Flooding can happen in my area but I've seen it happen in other parts of the states and the world on much greater scales, and this is a good example of just how high the water levels can rise.

This is one truly nasty storm.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Yeesh.

The fact that stuff like this is even possible is unnerving to me. That enough water can just totally fill up parts of the Earth like this, even if temporarily. It's a common place for traffic one day but when a storm arrives it can rather easily be turned into a giant river. Flooding can happen in my area but I've seen it happen in other parts of the states and the world on much greater scales, and this is a good example of just how high the water levels can rise.

This is one truly nasty storm.
Yup yup yup. This is one reason why I have a fear of storms: the destruction they can bring, whether it be a hurricane or tornado, it terrifies me.

Not often do you see a storm like this under these circumstances, and the only other one I can think of at the moment that was supremely devastating was Katrina.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
38 Chiaras (Hey, that was a little pun I did. Yes, I do have a sister)

Yup yup yup. This is one reason why I have a fear of storms: the destruction they can bring, whether it be a hurricane or tornado, it terrifies me.

Not often do you see a storm like this under these circumstances, and the only other one I can think of at the moment that was supremely devastating was Katrina.
I wish I could protect your fragil body from the storms, but I'm not even near you...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Understandably so. CA's not a place that is really affected by tornadoes, and hurricanes very rarely hit it (though nearby ones can still have more minor but still dangerous effects, such as heavy rains and flooding) so I'm honestly grateful for that. I've never seen either type of storm in person and I hope to keep it that way.

Katrina has a rather infamous reputation among hurricanes, and considering that any given hurricane is usually destructive and deadly anyway, that's saying something. Katrina was seriously devastating and was one of the deadliest, too. Sandy was another really bad one.

I don't know many details about Katrina, but one I really do know is that it basically destroyed an amusement park. Six Flags New Orleans, to be specific. The whole place was completely flooded, most of it was damaged beyond repair, and the park's been abandoned ever since the flooding finally drained out It's taken the city years to decide what to do with the site, with plenty of changed and discarded plans (and, of course, legal disputes) being involved along the way, but I think plans to build a new resort and park in it's place are on the way, for the time being.

According to some recent news, Harvey may very well rival Katrina's effects. So yeah....the situation is looking really bad.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Understandably so. CA's not a place that is really affected by tornadoes, and hurricanes very rarely hit it (though nearby ones can still have more minor but still dangerous effects, such as heavy rains and flooding) so I'm honestly grateful for that. I've never seen either type of storm in person and I hope to keep it that way.

Katrina has a rather infamous reputation among hurricanes, and considering that any given hurricane is usually destructive and deadly anyway, that's saying something. Katrina was seriously devastating and was one of the deadliest, too. Sandy was another really bad one.

I don't know many details about Katrina, but one I really do know is that it basically destroyed an amusement park. Six Flags New Orleans, to be specific. The whole place was completely flooded, most of it was damaged beyond repair, and the park's been abandoned ever since the flooding finally drained out It's taken the city years to decide what to do with the site, with plenty of changed and discarded plans (and, of course, legal disputes) being involved along the way, but I think plans to build a new resort and park in it's place are on the way, for the time being.

According to some recent news, Harvey may very well rival Katrina's effects. So yeah....the situation is looking really bad.
Yeah, Katrina was really bad and is why I mentioned it. This one is also really bad though some people are taking advantage of the water in the area (as in jet skiing on it) because Texans are... interesting people and I know this because I live in this bat**** insane state.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yeah, Katrina was really bad and is why I mentioned it. This one is also really bad though some people are taking advantage of the water in the area (as in jet skiing on it) because Texans are... interesting people and I know this because I live in this bat**** insane state.
This wouldn't be the first time I've heard of people doing stuff like that in a flood. It's hard for me to believe and easy for me to believe at the same time....if that actually makes any sense. People that can be crazy or stupid enough to try crazy and/or stupid and dangerous things do exist, after all.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

This wouldn't be the first time I've heard of people doing stuff like that in a flood. It's hard for me to believe and easy for me to believe at the same time....if that actually makes any sense. People that can be crazy or stupid enough to try crazy and/or stupid and dangerous things do exist, after all.
True, though Texans to me just stand out both for good and bad reasons. In Florida, however, that would probably be one of the more normal things to find in the newspaper.

Yup, and it either works out for the dumbest reasons or it backfires really hard on them.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

True, though Texans to me just stand out both for good and bad reasons. In Florida, however, that would probably be one of the more normal things to find in the newspaper.

Yup, and it either works out for the dumbest reasons or it backfires really hard on them.
Any other reasons why if I might ask?

Either way, it's not enough to completely stop other people from trying it later on.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Any other reasons why if I might ask?

Either way, it's not enough to completely stop other people from trying it later on.
Well, they are bold, I'll give them that. They can be a bit much at times and you'll find plenty of stories on that matter and well, it's hard to explain. I'm not good at explaining how I feel about the population of an entire state of people, the 2nd largest populated state in the U.S, mind you. There are so many different people and the state is so big that someone from West Texas is going to be different from someone who lives near Dallas or Austin. I can't possibly do an overall explanation like that and considering there are parts of the state I've never been to, I can only say based on my experience where I've been in the state.
True...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well, they are bold, I'll give them that. They can be a bit much at times and you'll find plenty of stories on that matter and well, it's hard to explain. I'm not good at explaining how I feel about the population of an entire state of people, the 2nd largest populated state in the U.S, mind you. There are so many different people and the state is so big that someone from West Texas is going to be different from someone who lives near Dallas or Austin. I can't possibly do an overall explanation like that and considering there are parts of the state I've never been to, I can only say based on my experience where I've been in the state.
Fair enough. Everyone's experience with other people varies, just as people themselves vary.

Top Bottom