• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

D

Deleted member

12 Goldens that don't want to go back to work right now....

Last edited by a moderator:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
The remaster :p my brother got it a while back lol

2 Pegasus ponies
Quick question: I've never played FFXII before, but should I consider getting the remaster? The only mainline FF I've played so far is XV, but I do plan to play X and VII soon.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

SERVERS
wow
I've been using discord too much
I can't
So, this thread's gonna have a server now and there'll be a special phone app to use it but the phone can't be on lock or else you disconnect from the server and you gotta use this special set up that looks like a summoning ritual for an IT guy. :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Another week where insomnia haunts me. Maybe I shouldn't intentionally stay up particularly late on Friday for once....

I would hope this would-be server doesn't make the entire thread obsolete; I don't have a very good phone right now! :teeth:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
23 GBA sound chips

Another week where insomnia haunts me. Maybe I shouldn't intentionally stay up particularly late on Friday for once....
I know how ya feel, I've had my nights of just tossing and turning without actually sleeping and I barely sleep as a result. Perhaps listening to high energy music isn't the best thing to do before sleeping especially if it has guitars. I'd imagine you've tried going to bed earlier or some other tactics to make yourself sleep.
I would hope this would-be server doesn't make the entire thread obsolete; I don't have a very good phone right now! :teeth:
No worries, we'll just make it so inconvenient to use that you'll just use the thread instead. :upsidedown:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

Quick question: I've never played FFXII before, but should I consider getting the remaster? The only mainline FF I've played so far is XV, but I do plan to play X and VII soon.
Ye although it's for the PS4 but it's close to the original minute the license system they have now.. The original gave everyone access to everything but now they have it limited to classes.. There are other differences but some of them are for the better.. Minus the one I mentioned above..

24 Pegasus ponies

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

23 GBA sound chips

I know how ya feel, I've had my nights of just tossing and turning without actually sleeping and I barely sleep as a result. Perhaps listening to high energy music isn't the best thing to do before sleeping especially if it has guitars. I'd imagine you've tried going to bed earlier or some other tactics to make yourself sleep.
For a while now, I've commonly turned in at about 9:30, or at least shut everything down by that time and climb into bed.

I was sleeping fine the previous week but was all but completely restless during this one. And yeah, I have tried a couple other tactics. Laying in different positions trying to find one that I'm most comfortable with for the night, turning my TV off earlier than normal if not immediately (I tend to watch a little TV before feeling tired enough to fall asleep; or, as you'd probably expect, a lot of TV when I'm restless) and I have been using a fan for when heat is a considerable problem. I was just really restless this week..

And yeah, sometimes listening to music or playing certain kinds of games can get you hyped up and excited, keeping you up longer than you probably would be up for otherwise. Yeah, I've done that many times myself (video games in my case more often than anything else) but I have been trying to do that less as of late. I try to at least quit half an hour before getting into my bed. Though there have been times where I've fallen asleep after quitting a game like 10 minutes earlier. It can be weird. But it definitely is best to be calm when you're about to try and catch some sleep.

No worries, we'll just make it so inconvenient to use that you'll just use the thread instead. :upsidedown:
...I guess that works :lol:

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
27 CCITT A-Laws every country but America and Japan use for phones

I don't have problems with sleeping usually, even I'm staring at my CRT monitor until 1 am that's probably slowly killing me with trace amounts of gamma rays or I've been staring at my phone for hours, I can usually just go to bed in a few minutes, but sometimes I have had times where I can't sleep for an hour or two, so I can't imagine how terrible it must feel for consecutive nights in a row.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

For a while now, I've commonly turned in at about 9:30, or at least shut everything down by that time and climb into bed.

I was sleeping fine the previous week but was all but completely restless during this one. And yeah, I have tried a couple other tactics. Laying in different positions trying to find one that I'm most comfortable with for the night, turning my TV off earlier than normal if not immediately (I tend to watch a little TV before feeling tired enough to fall asleep; or, as you'd probably expect, a lot of TV when I'm restless) and I have been using a fan for when heat is a considerable problem. I was just really restless this week..

And yeah, sometimes listening to music or playing certain kinds of games can get you hyped up and excited, keeping you up longer than you probably would be up for otherwise. Yeah, I've done that many times myself (video games in my case more often than anything else) but I have been trying to do that less as of late. I try to at least quit half an hour before getting into my bed. Though there have been times where I've fallen asleep after quitting a game like 10 minutes earlier. It can be weird. But it definitely is best to be calm when you're about to try and catch some sleep.
I haven't been following a sleep schedule at all this summer so I go to bed whenever, which is usually quite late unless I've got something to do in the morning.

There are probably more ways that I'm not thinking of but those do seem like good ideas.

In my case, I don't even need to be doing that. It could be 2 AM in the morning and yet I still have the energy to jump around. There's also the fact that I like talking to myself while in bed like a weirdo.

...that part kinda sounds a little wrong now that I'm thinking about it.

Heh, funny. Literally right before I went to bed, I beat a level that was giving me crap because of the boss at the end... when I was at my most tired. Funny how I struggle when not tired and can do it when tired.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

27 CCITT A-Laws every country but America and Japan use for phones

I don't have problems with sleeping usually, even I'm staring at my CRT monitor until 1 am that's probably slowly killing me with trace amounts of gamma rays or I've been staring at my phone for hours, I can usually just go to bed in a few minutes, but sometimes I have had times where I can't sleep for an hour or two, so I can't imagine how terrible it must feel for consecutive nights in a row.
It sucks, to say the least.

There are times where playing video games and using the computer actually don't have an affect on how well I sleep, but there have also been plenty off times where they unquestionably have badly affected my sleeping schedule.

I haven't been following a sleep schedule at all this summer so I go to bed whenever, which is usually quite late unless I've got something to do in the morning.

There are probably more ways that I'm not thinking of but those do seem like good ideas.

In my case, I don't even need to be doing that. It could be 2 AM in the morning and yet I still have the energy to jump around. There's also the fact that I like talking to myself while in bed like a weirdo.

...that part kinda sounds a little wrong now that I'm thinking about it.

Heh, funny. Literally right before I went to bed, I beat a level that was giving me crap because of the boss at the end... when I was at my most tired. Funny how I struggle when not tired and can do it when tired.
I care less about when I turn in on later days in the week, but when insomnia strikes I sometimes consider changing that....if at least just for the week in question to (hopefully) get myself back on track for the next week.

That can very well happen sometimes; there's usually a reason for it in my case, but not always I suppose.

I think it's safe to say most of us have talked to ourselves at some points lol. It is not exactly the best thing you can do when trying to get some sleep though.

Mentally tired, physically tired or both? Whatever the case was, nice lol.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms hi bud. Have you tried using red light apps for your phone? They emit red light at night in order to not excite your eyes. A nightly relaxing ritual of sorts can also help anxiety.

-nbm-

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I care less about when I turn in on later days in the week, but when insomnia strikes I sometimes consider changing that....if at least just for the week in question to (hopefully) get myself back on track for the next week.
I just hope it gets better for you.
That can very well happen sometimes; there's usually a reason for it in my case, but not always I suppose.
Yeah, eating something or what I mentioned earlier can very much be a reason.
I think it's safe to say most of us have talked to ourselves at some points lol. It is not exactly the best thing you can do when trying to get some sleep though.
True and true, haha. It is where I do a lot of my thinking so it has a strange purpose.
Mentally tired, physically tired or both? Whatever the case was, nice lol.
Eh, both.

My avatar fits well for the topic at hand lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms hi bud. Have you tried using red light apps for your phone? They emit red light at night in order to not excite your eyes. A nightly relaxing ritual of sorts can also help anxiety.

-nbm-
My phone is outdated as heck. I don't think an app like that is even available for it, unfortunately.

I just hope it gets better for you.
Thank you.

Yeah, eating something or what I mentioned earlier can very much be a reason.
There's another one. I try not to eat late too much anymore but once again, I haven't completely avoided doing so lol.

True and true, haha. It is where I do a lot of my thinking so it has a strange purpose.
It's a quiet time at the end of the day where one has plenty of time to themselves to calm down and think, so it is still fair.

Eh, both.

My avatar fits well for the topic at hand lol
It does indeed lol.

I was actually thinking about switching to one that represented my insomnia just for the heck of it today, but I ultimately decided against it.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

There's another one. I try not to eat late too much anymore but once again, I haven't completely avoided doing so lol.
I completely fail at this one in particular.
It's a quiet time at the end of the day where one has plenty of time to themselves to calm down and think, so it is still fair.
Yeah, gives me time to think on personal matters.
It does indeed lol.

I was actually thinking about switching to one that represented my insomnia just for the heck of it today, but I ultimately decided against it.
I just like it myself.

You could say you didn't want to tire it out too quickly. :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Top Bottom