• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
23 yeah that's what I call stealth tagging.. Though I only use it sparingly when I think a mod is needed to keep an eye on the current conversation.. Otherwise I don't use it..

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Sitting in a social security office waiting line is the most fun thing ever *rolls eyes*

I'll hopefully be back home soon.

-nbm-

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
42 Bob-ombs

Evidently I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed sometime this summer. That'll be interesting.
Good luck bud!
As long as you take meds as necessary and constantly apply ice, the swelling and pain shouldn't be too bad. I had mine removed when I was 18, and I took advil and applied ice constantly. Little pain was felt. :) I wish you the best

-NBM-

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
43 Nights where I slept like garbage (like last night).

Everything got solved at the agency *breath of relief*

-NBM-
Not sure what the problem may have been, but I'm glad to hear it was worked out.

42 Bob-ombs

Evidently I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed sometime this summer. That'll be interesting.
I hope it goes okay, it isn't typically a very nice experience.

Did you find out they need to be removed just today?

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
44 Bob-ombs

Did you find out they need to be removed just today?
Indeed. I mean, I've known for a while that they were eventually going to remove them, but it's just a lot sooner than I thought it was going to be.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I can attest to that, at least as far as the aftermath goes. The removal process usually will have you under anesthesia so you won't really feel anything, that's not the problem (but if you aren't under it, well...). Though, one (possible) side effect of it is vomiting and guess how that goes after wisdom teeth removal.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

44 Bob-ombs

Indeed. I mean, I've known for a while that they were eventually going to remove them, but it's just a lot sooner than I thought it was going to be.
Ah. Good to be prepared for it now though, right?

I can attest to that, at least as far as the aftermath goes. The removal process usually will have you under anesthesia so you won't really feel anything, that's not the problem (but if you aren't under it, well...). Though, one (possible) side effect of it is vomiting and guess how that goes after wisdom teeth removal.
Yeah, I was mainly referring to the aftermath there. The procedure itself isn't typically that bad to my knowledge.

And I do remember when you talked about getting them removed and how you felt for the first few days following the procedure on here, and yeah.... it sounded pretty awful to have to go through, to say the least.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
47 Rarities

Yeah, I was mainly referring to the aftermath there. The procedure itself isn't typically that bad to my knowledge.

And I do remember when you talked about getting them removed and how you felt for the first few days following the procedure on here, and yeah.... it sounded pretty awful to have to go through, to say the least.
Yup, you are right there. The procedure felt like it only took 5 minutes even though I know it was longer than that. That's the power of essentially being drugged as well as needing to be wheelchaired out, that I also remember.

It was a combination of that and the medicine I got that was way too strong because when I switched to just Advil, I didn't vomit again. Like, after a few hours of taking it, I would throw up and it was consistent both times of the three times I vomited (first time was on the way home without taking that overly strong medicine).

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
42 Bob-ombs

Just make sure you take the anesthesia so you don't go bat **** crazy like Black Griffin did, eat those soft foods, have someone there for you, and you'll be just fine.

I remember that Carly was there for me when I was recovering from my wisdom teeth surgery.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Though I'll admit I wouldn't know if the aftermath experience is that bad outside of when incidents like that happen to occur; simply because I haven't had to have the procedure done thus far to begin with.

47 Rarities

Yup, you are right there. The procedure felt like it only took 5 minutes even though I know it was longer than that. That's the power of essentially being drugged as well as needing to be wheelchaired out, that I also remember.

It was a combination of that and the medicine I got that was way too strong because when I switched to just Advil, I didn't vomit again. Like, after a few hours of taking it, I would throw up and it was consistent both times of the three times I vomited (first time was on the way home without taking that overly strong medicine).
Absurdly late for me to respond (been doing other stuff including watching a 2 hour long show with my family) but I remained curious enough to still ask; were you prescribed that medicine that turned out to be too strong?

(Come to think of it either I or someone else may have asked this question back when this actually happened, but it's been a little too long so I don't remember for sure).

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Though I'll admit I wouldn't know if the aftermath experience is that bad outside of when incidents like that happen to occur; simply because I haven't had to have the procedure done thus far to begin with.
I've heard worse stories about the aftermath but it's not supposed to be as bad as it was for me and for other unfortunate folk.
Absurdly late for me to respond (been doing other stuff including watching a 2 hour long show with my family) but I remained curious enough to still ask; were you prescribed that medicine that turned out to be too strong?
Yeah I was, but I can't really blame them for it though. I don't think they knew that was going to happen.
(Come to think of it either I or someone else may have asked this question back when this actually happened, but it's been a little too long so I don't remember for sure).
I forget mostly because my time after the removal and vomiting is kind of a blur to me.

Top Bottom