• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Happy Birthday @Omniplop V.5

Well, I wanted to get around to saying this a few days earlier, but since I changed my plans a bit, here it is now. It's under spoiler tags because it's a fairly long read.

I'm gonna be taking a break from the site for a while. Some of you may or may not (probably not since nothing really came of it) remember this post of mine from around just last year:

So...I thought I'd let you guys know, with school starting back up for me, having a lot to catch up on, and wanting to seriously begin my work with SFM, I'm going to have to cut some of my time on here, quite possibly significantly. I might not be able to come on nearly as much as I normally do, except for the weekends.

Who knows? I might not have to cut my time as much as I think I might! But I'm definitely going to have to focus more on schoolwork and my desire in computer animation, so I'm most likely not going to pay this place as many visits as I used to.
The result? I pretty much cut no time off of here whatsoever, and my progress with some of my goals hasn't been as good as I would have liked, especially with SFM, my progress with which has been minimal so far. I ended up coming on here pretty much every morning and stuck around for most of every day following it, as I have been since pretty much the day I joined the site. I've tried a few times to cut just some of my time on here, but I've concluded the only way I can successfully take a break off of here is to actually leave the site for some time. I'm not leaving for good, hell no, I've made too many friends here to do that. But this place has been taking up a lot of my time, and it's honestly been distracting me from a lot of important things in life. I can't let it keep doing that, and I can't let myself remain distracted. So I won't be posting for a while and I likely won't even be lurking the site. I've tried and failed to take "breaks" from this site in the past, and this time I'm absolutely serious about it.

I do have other reasons for wanting to take a break from here; one of them is that I feel, while spending so much time on here, I've been neglecting my friends IRL a lot lately. I haven't talked to them much this year and I don't recall interacting with them much last year, either. I want to keep in touch with them regularly again.

That's just one other example. There are other things both related and unrelated to my education that I need to pay greater attention to right now and will have to for a while. This site has actually been distracting me from a lot of things in life because of how much time I've put into simply being on here, and a lot of those things are important matters. I didn't feel very confident about how I've handled these matters earlier this year, not at all helped by the fact that as I've mentioned a few times before, I can be rather insecure about myself. I've been planning to do something like this for a while and was actually originally planning to take this break way earlier, but I decided to just enjoy my time on here while the summer was around. But now it's pretty much over, so I need to focus on life again. I'll still be playing games when I have time for them though, so my NNID will still occasionally appear online and I'm still going to be semi-active on Steam as well.

In short, I've got a lot of important things I need to put a lot more focus into, and they're going to take a heck lot of priority over this site for me from here on out. It's for my own benefit that I do this. I just have more important things to do, and unlike last year, I'm going to stay focused on them. I'm going on hiatus for real this time around.

With all that out of the way, I'm not going to log off the moment I've sent this post through. I'll be taking my leave after tonight, so I might as well make the most out of my day on here.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
23 finished seasons

Well, I wanted to get around to saying this a few days earlier, but since I changed my plans a bit, here it is now. It's under spoiler tags because it's a fairly long read.

I'm gonna be taking a break from the site for a while. Some of you may or may not (probably not since nothing really came of it) remember this post of mine from around just last year:

The result? I pretty much cut no time off of here whatsoever, and my progress with some of my goals hasn't been as good as I would have liked, especially with SFM, my progress with which has been minimal so far. I ended up coming on here pretty much every morning and stuck around for most of every day following it, as I have been since pretty much the day I joined the site. I've tried a few times to cut just some of my time on here, but I've concluded the only way I can successfully take a break off of here is to actually leave the site for some time. I'm not leaving for good, Hell no, I've made too many friends here to do that. But this place has been taking up a lot of my time, and it's honestly been distracting me from a lot of important things in life. I can't let it keep doing that, and I can't let myself remain distracted. So I won't be posting for a while and I likely won't even be lurking the site. I've tried and failed to take "breaks" from this site in the past, and this time I'm absolutely serious about it.

I do have other reasons for wanting to take a break from here; one of them is that I feel is that, while spending so much time on here, I've been neglecting my friends that I know IRL a lot lately. I haven't talked to them much this year and I don't recall interacting with them much last year, either. I want to keep in touch with them regularly again.

That's just one other example. There are other things both related and unrelated to my education that I need to pay greater attention to right now and will have to for a while. This site has actually been distracting me from a lot of things in life because of how much time I've put into simply being on here, and a lot of those things are important matters. I didn't feel very confident about how I've handled these matters earlier this year, not at all helped by the fact that as I've mentioned a few times before, I can be rather insecure about myself. I've been planning to do something like this for a while and was actually originally planning to take this break way earlier, but I decided to just enjoy my time on here while the summer was around. But now it's pretty much over, so I need to focus on life again. I'll still be playing games when I have time for them though, so my NNID will still occasionally appear online and I'm still going to be semi-active on Steam as well.

In short, I've got a lot of important things I need to put a lot more focus into, and they're going to take a heck lot of priority over this site for me from here on out. It's for my own benefit that I do this. I just have more important things to do, and unlike last year, I'm going to stay focused on them. I'm going on hiatus for real this time around.

With all that out of the way, I'm not going to log off the moment I've sent this post through. I'll be taking my leave after tonight, so I might as well make the most out of my day on here.
I can only hope that it all goes well for you. Good luck.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Of SU I'm guessing?
Yup. I stayed up until 4 AM when I finished the first season... not the best idea in hindsight. Good thing I have another day off before my birthday.
I greatly enjoyed my time with it, especially with the latter half where it gets better and better.
I can't sleep....

What's up everyone?
Heyo. Doing good. I've yet to do anything that even exerts any modicum of excitement unless you find people barging into rooms exciting.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yup. I stayed up until 4 AM when I finished the first season... not the best idea in hindsight. Good thing I have another day off before my birthday.
I greatly enjoyed my time with it, especially with the latter half where it gets better and better.
Wow lol. The last time I binged a show that late was about last year or so, I think.

Glad to hear it. The show has a rather rough start imo, but it gets increasingly better later into the first season, especially the second half as you said.

Happy early birthday btw. Wishing it now since I won't be here for a while after today.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Wow lol. The last time I binged a show that late was about last year or so, I think.

Glad to hear it. The show has a rather rough start imo, but it gets increasingly better later into the first season, especially the second half as you said.

Happy early birthday btw. Wishing it now since I won't be here for a while after today.
I don't ever try to stay up that late. I had already watched a few episodes earlier in the day and started the marathon at like 11.

Yeah, I'd say the same. I started to enjoy it way more once it got past its slow start.

Thanks man. Happy early birthday to you as well since I'm going to assume that you won't be on here when it rolls around.

Top Bottom