• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I'm still on the fence about sharing my actual voice since I want to use my mic for something but I'm not sure if I want to do it now. As for showing my face, the chances of that happening are lower than the chances of winning the lottery thrice.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'm with the distaste of voice chat as well. Not only becauses its uncomfortable and for me much harder than through a screen. I just hate it.

Thats why even in the discord sever or anywhere else ill probably never use it out of just plain distaste.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
I actually have seen your picture on your profile page lol
Ah, that's cool.

I actually got this idea from seeing another user's profile that also had their face in the info tab, so I thought it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have people know what I look like.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

A Substitute speaking? Balderdash. Who has ever heard of a plush toy speaking?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Showing my face would definitely go beyond my own personal comfort. That's just the case if it were in private sections of this site (Groups, PMs etc.). When it comes to the public worldwide web itself, it's a much bigger matter of privacy.

A Substitute speaking? Balderdash. Who has ever heard of a plush toy speaking?
If they can type on a keyboard and win a lethal match of the Hunger Games, I don't think speaking is out of the question for them.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I was honestly thinking about taking a picture of myself, but I stopped. I just don't feel comfy with showing my face online at all, unless it's facebook of course.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
120 bob-ombs

I'm straight up too shy to do voice chat and I don't talk a lot in general so it'll be awkward. I'll still join in occasionally. Showing my face is no problem tho.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Something about voice chat and pictures?

You guys are all cool peeps, so I think that you deserve to see my beautiful face, and hear my amazing voice :p

But seriously, I trust you guys enough. If you really want, there's an old-ass picture of me in the picture thread somewhere.

As for voicechat, eh. My voice isn't ****, so it's ok. I'm not ultra-shy or anything, I'm just much more comfortable talking with people that I know. I'd say that I "know" most of you guys, so to speak.

Helluuuuuuuu!

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

Same ole' communication rules in the house, I'd think. Voice Chat would definitely be out of the question, no ifs and or buts there.

I could probably join it in the future for non-voice chatting, but truth to be told a lot of my time on this site has been kept hidden from my family since 2014, Discord would only give me another thing to temporarily keep hidden. That's due to me being in the closet about liking MLP.
Wait.. are you not getting a Discord because of the possible Pony stuff that may or may not happen? At least that's what it sounds like lol. voice chat won't be an issue since it's hardly used in the bob-omb Discord :lol:
Tbh though.. I couldn't give a Flying feather about people knowing I'm a Brony :lol:
Negative. Then again I haven't completed any missions recently. I'm still working on collecting 800,000 bits and uncovering 18 expansion zones, both in Ponyville.
I just finished that quest but I'm stuck at the next one which is to get the Royal Guard Pony that has already arrived in Ponyville, and I have another one where I need to activate the Generosity stone but it's already activated.. :c

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I'm surprised my mic isn't busted because I have dropped the damn thing several times during the few years I've had it.

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
Even on mobile, I can't be heard. I shouldn't even need a mic for that...

You are a buster :p

Um, I dunno.
When you're on mobile, are you plugging headphones or something into the jack? Because if you are, and the headphones don't have a mic, then you dead.

You should just use the regular speakers, in that case. Also, make sure you allow discord to actually use the mic, although that probably isn't the issue.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Wait.. are you not getting a Discord because of the possible Pony stuff that may or may not happen? At least that's what it sounds like lol. voice chat won't be an issue since it's hardly used in the bob-omb Discord :lol:
Tbh.. though I couldn't give a Flying feather about people knowing I'm a Brony :lol:
It's not really that but more along the lines of the association with site, should I join some Smashboards Discord servers. One way or another it'd lead back to here, and that' in turn would likely lead back to my family finding out about me being a brony...if I ever do join the Bob-omb Discord though I'm glad to know that voice chat isn't a concern.

Also, other than communicating with some of you guys outside of this site, I don't have much of a reason to get Discord right now anyhow.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
You are a buster :p

Um, I dunno.
When you're on mobile, are you plugging headphones or something into the jack? Because if you are, and the headphones don't have a mic, then you dead.

You should just use the regular speakers, in that case. Also, make sure you allow discord to actually use the mic, although that probably isn't the issue.
I use the regular speakers. That's why I'm so confuzzled!

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
communicating with some of you guys outside of this site
Reason enough, right? We're pretty worth it :p

Nah, but really. If you don't feel comfortable, don't let us pressure you into doing something you'll regret. As long as you're ok, you're making the right choice.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Have you ever heard the words from a plush toy?
I think I might have in some dreams before....

Reason enough, right? We're pretty worth it :p

Nah, but really. If you don't feel comfortable, don't let us pressure you into doing something you'll regret. As long as you're ok, you're making the right choice.
I really would like to join all of you in the Bob-omb Discord at some point, but now is indeed just not the right time.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Tbh though.. I couldn't give a Flying feather about people knowing I'm a Brony :lol:

I just finished that quest but I'm stuck at the next one which is to get the Royal Guard Pony that has already arrived in Ponyville, and I have another one where I need to activate the Generosity stone but it's already activated.. :c

I don't know what to tell you. My advice is to contact Gameloft support

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
151 Bob-ombs

Talking about voice chat and stuff? I've spoken in a few youtube videos before, but that's about it.

Top Bottom