• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

A lot of my recent time playing Pearl has been spent grinding to level up some other members of my team. In my earlier years of playing Pearl I mostly focused on leveling up my starter (a Piplup, eventually evolved into Empoleon). Eventually I did train my Shinx a bit more after I managed to get it to evolve into a Luxio (it's long since become a Luxray) but now that I've gone back to the game I have to work on the rest of my team. I've hardly used any of my other Pokemon but those two, who are easily way stronger than any of my other Pokemon (both are currently Level 42).

...and all this is gonna eventually lead up to even more constant grinding when I get around to doing a nuzlocke. :p

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
42 phantoms

If you balance out the levels of all of your teammates, you probably won't need to do that much grinding assuming you fought all the trainers. You also have the Vs. Seeker and this is the last generation that it's in.

Of course you'll probably just level up your starter and second Pokemon either way soooo... :p

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well, the required rules of a Nuzlocke are intimidating enough to me to make me extra paranoid about any possible losses, so I've entertained the idea about taking a lot of time just to grind everyone on my team to extremely high levels to almost ensure no losses. But that would more than likely ruin some of the fun and challenge to the whole thing, so I don't think I'm going to go through with that.

I do intend to keep them all balanced at reasonably high levels though, whatever methods I'll be using to accomplish it.

So how 'bout that NX info? :p
I'm rather happy to finally get an official word on it.

On the other hand, I'm staying the heck away from speculation.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Well, the required rules of a Nuzlocke are intimidating enough to me to make me extra paranoid about any possible losses, so I've entertained the idea about taking a lot of time just to grind everyone on my team to extremely high levels to almost ensure no losses. But that would more than likely ruin some of the fun and challenge to the whole thing, so I don't think I'm going to go through with that.

I do intend to keep them all balanced at reasonably high levels though, whatever methods I'll be using to accomplish it.
Yeah, you really don't wanna lose anyone but you don't want the game to be a complete joke. Dumb luck can screw you over but so can not being prepared or making a whole lot of mistakes. There's no fun or challenge in being able to sweep everything so easily, not against anyone who does overlevel their team, but I don't roll that way.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Oooh we talkin' Nuzlockes?
Always wanted to try one on Y. But if I lost Pokemon there I'd be mega sad.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

Hi person I never saw before!

With a ker-chunk, the Kanto electricity crisis was resolved. I can now use their treasured Magnet Train for instant transportation!

In addition, heading back to the Radio Tower in Lavender Town earned me an expansion card! Now I can listen to radio stations in Kanto!

...Hmm. One of the radio stations I tuned into sounds like the Poké Flute...

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I tried a few before but they went nowhere. I did one for X sometime ago and got to the third gym but I lost. After the success of my run for FireRed, I'm going to do one for Black 2's Challenge Mode which will certainly be a wild ride. It's not going to be easy like the FireRed run was.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yeah, you really don't wanna lose anyone but you don't want the game to be a complete joke. Dumb luck can screw you over but so can not being prepared or making a whole lot of mistakes. There's no fun or challenge in being able to sweep everything so easily, not against anyone who does overlevel their team, but I don't roll that way.

Indeed. There's no fun in a challenge if you don't really make it a challenge at all in the first place.

Now hopefully crits or certain moves like Self-destruct won't screw me over too much (they've certainly proven to be capable of that so far). There's no official rule against fleeing a battle, right? I might add some optional rules to mine, but I'm not going to take any chances with "no fleeing".

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

The music station I tuned into is playing some music reminiscent to the far off Hoenn region. It sounds rather pleasant...

... ...

Oh hey, a wild Pokémon appea-

...A
?! ...Well this is a rare sighting indeed! It was probably attracted to the music playing on the Poké Gear!

I decided to catch the cute little rodent, naming it "Pikablue." :p

EDIT: This was in Route 5, btw.

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Now hopefully crits or certain moves like Self-destruct won't screw me over too much (they've certainly proven to be capable of that so far). There's no official rule against fleeing a battle, right? I might add some optional rules to mine, but I'm not going to take any chances with "no fleeing".
Critical hits and Self-Destruct/Explosion are your worst enemies in a Nuzlocke.
And yes, there is no official rule against fleeing from battle. It's entirely optional though I think it's a very dumb rule, optional or not.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
And yes, there is no official rule against fleeing from battle. It's entirely optional though I think it's a very dumb rule, optional or not.

Nuzlocke peeps should be glad that there's no Mega Glalie lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I double checked the wiki to be sure, but that's a relief.

I might not have decided to attempt one at all if there was an official rule against fleeing. I've had way too many bad experiences with Geodudes that Self-Destruct on their first turn to risk it.

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

...Guys.

Guys.

Guys.

:063: in Route 24.

Guys.

Guys.

I'm scared.

Seriously. One bad move an Arba will either faint or Teleport away.

...But...

:smirk:

Thank you, Master Ball.

This Abra shall be nicknamed "PSY."

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I did catch an Abra in my FireRed run using Sleep Powder, no need for Master Balls or trapping moves.
If only it didn't die one level after evolving. :grrr:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

While strolling around in the grasses of Route 25, a :070: popped out and surprised me

I caught her easily with a Quick Ball and nicknamed her "Maneater."

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

I made it through Route 25 and ran into Cerulean Gym Leader Misty with a date.

...And I accidentally ruined the date.

After calling me a pest, she saw my badges and decided to challenge me, which I accepted.

We'll see who's the pest soon...

Last edited:
Top Bottom