• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
133 new avatars of Midna.

I really like this artist. They make Midna so cute and beautiful at the same time.

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
*Astra activates again*
*PLOPS OVER CRITICAL*
*Plops over*
*plops over*
*plop missed*
*plop missed*
If I could get an Astra, that would be great, RNGesus...!

I plop to the power of Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, Brawl Meta Knight, and infinity combined. I win.
Well ****.
We have a winner.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
A10theHero A10theHero I saw your post in the competitive impression thread, and it was a good read. I don't remember you mentioning a specific tier Pikachu would be a part of, but what position do you think is his projection? I personally would say 10-13 based off what I've heard in the comp. imp. discussion thread, but I'm not sure.

On that note, what are your thoughts on Mewtwo?
Yeah, I try not to talk about Pikachu too much. It's complicated. There's a lot of misinformation and it's difficult to clear up, so I usually don't bother. I try to be unbiased about it, but people often give my word less weight because I main Pikachu. Also, I feel kinda uncertain about where he will end up, especially since my work is going to play a role in what happens in the future too.
The way the competitive impressions thread talks about him sometimes, they make Pikachu sound like a bottom 5 character, lol.
Anyways, the 10-20 range seems right to me. From what I've studied with Pikachu, I feel that the potential to rise higher is there, but the results can't back up those claims. Ryu and Pikachu are in the same boat in that they're difficult to play at a high level and because of that, they have a small playerbase. An additional problem for Pikachu is that he's light. So if you mess up, punishes are much more devastating. If you watched ESAM's match against Marrs yesterday, you'll see that he missed a QAC and got hit pretty hard for all the momentum he lost. Thus, that's another thing that hinders him. I know people mention killing as an issue too, but it's not as bad as the aforementioned issues. I mean, he's got a lot of situational setups and Up Throw to RAR Thunder can be guaranteed if you don't mess up the inputs (there's Stumbling Block #1) and you get the DI read (there's Stumbling Block #4). Still, as long as ESAM plays Pikachu, he'll always have a presence at majors. ESAM doesn't practice as much as he should (though I can't blame him for wanting to have a life outside of Smash), and he's kinda impatient (he was doing really well against Ally in the last match of their set, but he made a hasty decision in going for an Up Smash read), but I'm glad we at least have a rep. In relation to what I wrote in the CCI thread, I feel that both ESAM and other Pikachu mains could benefit from having an easy way to communicate and spread information/tips among one another (he was offered to join the Pikachu Discord Chat recently, but he decided not to).

First off, Mewtwo just had an amazing performance. As someone who has been a fan of Mewtwo since his time in the bottom half of the cast, this was a great moment. If we were to assume that he was simply high tier now, one could argue that no other high tier has ever won a stacked major like Pound. Thus, it would be fair to suggest that Mewtwo could even be a candidate for a top tier character, even higher than Pikachu. At the same time, one could point out various factors that influenced this result: Matchup inexperience (a few players did have some experience though), the skill of Abadango, and Day 1 of Smash 4 running for 12+ hours. A potential problem with the character is the fact that Mewtwo is a light character, so his mistakes are very costly as well, like with Pikachu. Thus, it would be a good idea to hold off from making sweeping judgments right now. At the very least, he has earned a spot among the high tiers. What remains to be seen is if others can replicate Abandgo's success at a national level. If that turns out to be true, then Mewtwo could become one of the top tiers.

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

No no, keep counting... Pay no attention to the Merc in a Maid's Dress.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
-grabs some popcorn- This is looking pretty promising...

-picks some too- Indeed.

How are you gonna eat it with your mask on?

Uh... -takes half of his mask off to eat the popcorn- Like that?

Top Bottom