• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

People are making too much out of Cloud!

Sure, he breaks the limits of who can get in or not, but not ANYONE has a chance; he's STILL a video game character and he STILL made appearances in Nintendo consoles.

FF7 being developed as a N64 title before being on a console that could handle the game (PS1) also helped make his existence somewhat relevant with Nintendo's history.

He technically doesn't break any of Sakurai's rules when it comes to third parties.

EDIT: Also, there's this, which pretty much proved that Sakurai's rules were nothing more than baloney; the character simply needs to carry gaming history, which Cloud certainly does.

Last edited:

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
the character simply needs to carry gaming history,
Which Quote does, considering Cave Story is the defining indie game. (It also came into existence before the genre was popularized, and one of the main reasons it did get to that point.)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Which Quote does, considering Cave Story is the defining indie game. (It also came into existence before the genre was popularized, and one of the main reasons it did get to that point.)
A. You spelled Shantae wrong :p
B. Personally, I think an indie character in Smash is not impossible. After all, CommanderVideo managed to be trophy, but...
C. Shovel Knight seems more likely since the game's basically a love letter to the NES + he has his own amiibo. However, that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
A.You spelled Shantae wrong :p
B.I think an indie character in Smash is not impossible. After all, CommanderVideo managed to be trophy, but...
C.Shovel Knight seems more likely since it's a love letter to the NES + he has his own amiibo. However, that's just my opinion.
A: I'm clearly not biased, I won't argue Shantae being an indie character before Quote/Cave Story, but CS is credited with being the "original" indie game (As in developed by one person.)
B/C: I'm not going to argue this, shovel knight is definitely the most possible for an indie rep. Quote also feels fitting to me though, since a good portion of the "remakes" (NICALiS ports) are on Nintendo systems. (Dsiware, 3ds eshop, Cave Story 3D, Wiiware version)

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I'm never gonna stop playing Smash... Cloud looks like a really fun character and seems to be nothing but improvments compared to Bowser (besides the obviously much lighter weight)

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I agree, but not on that it means less, but rather that people have been over exploding clouds inclusion

Thanks to cloud being, those who are in almost certainly impossible situations (banjo and kazooie) and those who don't par on legendary status (bomberman, indies, probably even geno for all we know) now have possibility

However, you still have to be game character, and mean something to Nintendo, thats the baseline

Also morning nhero

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I agree, but not on that it means less, but rather that people have been over exploding clouds inclusion

Thanks to cloud being, those who are in almost certainly impossible situations (banjo and kazooie) and those who don't par on legendary status (bomberman, indies, probably even geno for all we know) now have possibility

However, you still have to be game character, and mean something to Nintendo, thats the baseline
Yeah, the game character part seems to still stay strong.

Besides, if people want to play Goku so bad, there's always SSF2 :p

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I do, I've always been sensitive to temperatures, a lot more than others

The winters were always brutal, and it still seems to be following me around. . . if only i wasn't so cold to think of something witty

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It's a bit cold here, but the main thing right now is the wind. It's extremely strong and active, to the point where at several times it sounds like whistling in the air.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
It was really cold here too at first, but now the sun came out. It's still a little windy though.
That weather sounds like it'd be a good time to watch some horror movies. :lol:

Top Bottom