• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Melee Kirby?

I didn't think any professional Smash player used him in Melee.
He doesn't play him regularly, but if my memory is correct he's pretty competent with him as far as the "Chillin with Chu" footage is concerned (although my memory is fuzzy of that). Kirby is more like a "fun" or a counterpick character that he can play well as, but not a main.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It's his secondary, though his Kirby is more well known in Brawl and PM...
He doesn't play him regularly, but if my memory is correct he's pretty competent with him as far as the "Chillin with Chu" footage is concerned (although my memory is fuzzy of that). Kirby is more like a "fun" character that he can play well as, but not a main or counterpick.
Huh. I know he's overall a petty poor fighter in Melee, especially compared to many other characters, but I'd be rather pleased if he can actually perform him well enough.

Nice to see some professional love for one of the first characters in Smash that I ever picked up.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I wonder if anyone here has played Quest 64? I know its an objectively flawed game, but I like it...a lot for some reason.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
4 I still have 9 classes to go before I can graduate lol but I know when I'll be graduating (Spring 2017 if everything goes to plan..)

I wonder if anyone here has played Quest 64? I know its an objectively flawed game, but I like it...a lot for some reason.
I have played this game.

Not very long nor do I remember squat about it.

Play Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage. It is pretty much a more mature Quest 64.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

At least, as far as appreciation of the game goes.

I haven't met many people who've mentioned it but I do know one person who really likes and is fairly dedicated to the game. There was even a social group for it, but I think it either got deleted at some point or never took off in activity.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
1 ninja by Xeylode

what is Quest 64?
Its this old RPG for N64. It has some unique concepts but I think the game was rushed, so its pretty rough around the edges.

At least, as far as appreciation of the game goes.

I haven't met many people who've mentioned it but I do know one person who really likes and is fairly dedicated to the game. There was even a social group for it, but I think it either got deleted at some point or never took off in activity.
A social group on here, eh? That sounds pretty cool!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

If does still exist, it'd most likely be in the General Gaming section. Though like I said, it never really have much activity, unfortunately.

By any chance is it on the Virtual Console?

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

If does still exist, it'd most likely be in the General Gaming section. Though like I said, it never really have much activity, unfortunately.

By any chance is it on the Virtual Console?
Sadly, I don't think so. Old copies are probably cheap online though, and then there's always emulators. I hear the Japanese version is better gameplay wise, too.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Sadly, I don't think so. Old copies are probably cheap online though, and then there's always emulators. I hear the Japanese version is better gameplay wise, too.
Shoot. Well I suppose I could try an emulator to play it someday, then.

I probably missed out on a lot of N64 gems since I never owned the console.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Imo, the monster design in Quest 64 is awesome.

Still, Paper Mario is probably my fav game I've played on the N64.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

Shoot. Well I suppose I could try an emulator to play it someday, then.

I probably missed out on a lot of N64 gems since I never owned the console.
Well...I think you should be careful playing Quest 64 (when/if you do) with high expectations, since the game is pretty flawed.

The Virtual Console for N64 needs to expand its lineup. It has like 6 games on it right now.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well...I think you should be careful playing Quest 64 (when/if you do) with high expectations, since the game is pretty flawed.

The Virtual Console for N64 needs to expand its lineup. It has like 6 games on it right now.
I'll keep my expectations at a medium, but I do often tend to enjoy lesser known games.

And that's a huge shame.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
And that's a huge shame.
To make up, the games it has are fairly great, Like Mario 64, Paper Mario, and Sin and Punishment (never played but heard good things about. Plus its Treasure). And though I don't actually remember for sure, no doubt it has Star Fox 64.

Last edited:

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
I've had for about 10 or 11 years now but have never finished it. What I've played of it was ok, if there was a way buy healing items I think I would've enjoyed it more, the one bread per town thing was kinda annoying.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

To make up, the games it has are fairly great, Like Mario 64, Paper Mario, and Sin and Punishment (never played but heard good things about. Plus its Treasure). And though I don't actually remember for sure, no doubt it has Star Fox 64.
Haven't played Sin and Punishment nor Star Fox 64, but that's another one I've always wanted to play.

I've played the Brawl Masterpiece of it at most, nothing more. I enjoyed what it allows you to play.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I've had for about 10 or 11 years now but have never finished it. What I've played of it was ok, if there was a way buy healing items I think I would've enjoyed it more, the one bread per town thing was kinda annoying.
Did you level up Water? The elements are horribly imbalanced. You can't heal yourself unless you level up Water, and you need to be able to heal.
15 is Oot there?
Oh, my bad. Surely that's on there too...it has to be.
Haven't played Sin and Punishment nor Star Fox 64, but that's another one I've always wanted to play.

I've played the Brawl Masterpiece of it at most, nothing more. I enjoyed what it allows you to play.
How about Star Fox Assault? Have you played that?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Last edited:
Top Bottom