• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
nah that was a few weeks ago

this happened more because of our bi-monthly health check up (yes i schedule a bi-monthly health check up, deal with it)
kyler was fine
i need to start wearing glasses on a daily basis now
and somewhere during katt's procedure, they detected some sort of abnormalities in her behavior and wanted to thoroughly examined it

and to make a long story short, she's now diagnosed with Aspergers and she's depressed over it
Ah, ok.

Oh, man, I'm sorry to hear that... Hope she'll be ok...
Doesn't Mew2King have it too?
Yeah, he does.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

. . .
. . .
. . .
. . . you guys don't know i have aspergers?

seriously i thought i brought it up somewhere before. . .
I thought I remembered hearing that some time ago.

But in any case I still stand by my point of simply being there for her. Sometimes something that seem minuscule for someone can be a lot bigger for someone else you know?

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I didn't remember.

. . .

While we're on the subject, I might have exaggerated a bit when I said "mental disorder" in the assumptions thread, Kon.

hmm. . . well there ya go, i've been diagnosed with it for 8 years now, since middle school

and i looked up mental disorder, and the autistic spectrum pop up in it, so as far as the medical know how of google is concern being autistic is a mental disorder

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

I thought I remembered hearing that some time ago.

But in any case I still stand by my point of simply being there for her. Sometimes something that seem minuscule for someone can be a lot bigger for someone else you know?
i know i know

i've been through with her for a lot, so i know the value of someone being with you

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
hmm. . . well there ya go, i've been diagnosed with it for 8 years now, since middle school

and i looked up mental disorder, and the autistic spectrum pop up in it, so as far as the medical know how of google is concern being autistic is a mental disorder
Well, I guess I was accurate then :lol:

I've been diagnosed with it for twice that time; I was just 2 years old when my parents found out and they were afraid of me not being normal.

I've been constantly reminded by my own parents that I had an handicap (they literally called it that way), even though it's just a very mild case.

It barely shows nowadays, but I still have it...

Just tell her that it's nothing. That it could be worse...

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Well, I guess I was accurate then :lol:

I've been diagnosed with it for twice that time; I was just 2 years old when my parents found out and they were afraid of me not being normal.

I've been constantly reminded by my own parents that I had an handicap (they literally called it that way), even though it's just a very mild case.

It barely shows nowadays, but I still have it...

Just tell her that it's nothing. That it could be worse...

so wait. . . you have autism?
or Aspergers like us?

if so huh. . . no wonder we thought similar. . .

though i think your parents were over-exaggerating thinking it was a handicap, sure problems interacting and obstacles appears all the time, but they become overcome with effort. rather easily too over time

plus were gifted with an unique mind, one that will not be similar to anything or anyone else in the whole world, that is worth the extra effort we have to put in

Last edited:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox

I'd like to contribute with my thoughts on the topic. Comfort is indeed the best way to help others when they're depressed or going through a lot of trouble/shock. I'm sure Kon will do his best to help Katt, it'll just take some time. Either way, I hope you two will pull through this; not the end of the world. I mean famous people have Asperger's including creator of Pokémon, Satoshi Tajiri.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I don't think I've ever mentioned the fact that I also have Asperger's and I was diagnosed with it since I was like... 3, 4 years old? I don't quite remember when.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
so wait. . . you have autism?
or Aspergers like us?

if so huh. . . no wonder we thought similar. . .

though i think your parents went on the deep end thinking it was a handicap, sure problems interacting and obstacles appears all the time, but they become overcome with effort. rather easily too over time
Great minds think alike, Kon ;)

And I agree with you, things get much better over time.

Just ask her what she's done during the 18 years she wasn't aware of it. Maybe it could make her realize how meaningless her syndrome is?

All I did before being diagnosed was being a baby. Both of you are lucky, if you ask me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom