• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I know nothing about MLP other than this one:

By the way, my four-year-old self ran out of the room with my ears covered every time I heard the theme. All I remember about MLP is how horrid it was. Is the new series any better?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

The current gen is more like a genuine cartoon with a lot of creativity put into it, but it's style isn't for everyone.

Older gens, for the most part, were just far less mature girly cartoons made to promote the toys and other merchandise.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
31 and I have to go read some Lord of the Flies for AP English. I might be back after lunch.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Ja es ist Deutsch. :p they have the a long way to spell numbers out :lol:
Don't even get me started. We had a quiz on numbers 1-1000 and they get REALLY long. 999 is neunhundertneunundneunzigste. And yup, I had two German classes.

EDIT: 49

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

For those who have seen it....what would you say are your favorite things about it? I already know Sunset's one of the major parts of it, so...
  • Sunset Shimmer
  • The Dazzlings
  • Final Face-off against the Dazzlings
  • The Shorts
That ends it here for me because, just like you, I'm not a big fan of the humanized ponies, not to mention the insanely cliché, high school drama/awkward romance setting being more than overused already.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

• Sunset Shimmer
  • The Dazzlings
  • Final Face-off against the Dazzlings
  • The Shorts
That ends it here for me because, just like you, I'm not a big fan of the humanized ponies, not to mention the insanely cliché, high school drama/awkward romance setting being more than overused already.
That's why I'm so reluctant to watch it indeed. The humanized ponies remind me of typical feminine-type things like barbie, it pushes the feminine-style way more than the actual show it does, and the high school and romance is just plain awkward. I feel like if I did watch it, I'd be cringing at the awkwardness of many parts.

Sunset Shimmer is pretty much the only character I like in her human-design. The rest.....gah.

That said, I still find Sunset and the Dazzlings interesting as characters. And the idea of Twilight having a love interest is fine by me too, but the storyline for it here is beyond awkward for a number of reasons.

I feel like I would enjoy the major parts of the film, but seeing any human characters other than the mane six or the Dazzlings almost instantly turns me off, even the background characters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom